[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN reports McNair/BAL is done

DMD

Volek starts this year...or, at least until TEN is out of the hunt.  Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see TEN bring in another aging vet as the #3 in case Volek got hurt where #3 would vault over #2 if Volek got hurt.

VY may get a start or two towards the end of the year to give him and the coaches some film to teach off of in the offseason.

I, personally, bet that they will bring VY along EXACTLY like they did SM.

1454997[/snapback]

I think Ten is out of the hunt now. but they will bring vince along slowly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this potential signing help Derrick Mason's  FF value?  :D

1455110[/snapback]

If there is one thing for certain to be a positive, it is that Mason will have a better year with McNair than Boller. Bank on it.

I know I am on an island, but I was really encouraged with Boller's play down the stretch last year, and was looking for him to finally step it up and have a productive season. I don't see why bringing in an old, broken down McNair helps Baltimore.

I know I am on an island, but I was really encouraged with Boller's play down the stretch last year, and was looking for him to finally step it up and have a productive season.  I don't see why bringing in an old, broken down McNair helps Baltimore.

1455177[/snapback]

Boller's play down the stretch was spotty. Yes he had quality games against GB and MIN at home, but games at DEN and CLE were two of his worst ever.

Bringing in McNair adds instant fire to the offense. McNair likely won't be healthy all year, so Boller will still get some play.

...plus, Boller will have less pressure on him, and more chance to develop under McNair...which (ideally) would improve the duration of his career.

I cannot think that any struggling young QB would be harmed by sitting behind a talented vet on the downside of his career for a year or two.

I'm still not positive... does Mcnair automatically get the start in yoru opinion? I would think so, but if Boller is the QB of the future I don't know that they would want to bench him.

I'm still not positive... does Mcnair automatically get the start in yoru opinion?  I would think so, but if Boller is the QB of the future I don't know that they would want to bench him.

1455258[/snapback]

Boller is not the qb of the future. He's had his chance. He'll probably get another one at some point but this isn't like they're bringing along Carson Palmer.

Boller is not the qb of the future. He's had his chance.  He'll probably get another one at some point but this isn't like they're bringing along Carson Palmer.

1455299[/snapback]

Thanks... I guess the fact that they even brought in McNair probably just reinforces what your saying.

I'm still not positive... does Mcnair automatically get the start in yoru opinion?  I would think so, but if Boller is the QB of the future I don't know that they would want to bench him.

1455258[/snapback]

What ? I'll take a wild guess and say that they guy the are giving a one year 11 mill $ signing bonus will be the starting QB. When did Boller become the QB of the future? :D

Edited by bushwacked

Still no trade?

I see the McNair / Baltimore contract being reported all over the place, but can't find anything about a Tenn / Balt trade.

Think the trade report might have been an error?

Titans | Talks with Baltimore cool off; team may retain McNair

Mon, 8 May 2006 14:37:46 -0700

TitansRadio.com reports the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens have not contacted each other since draft weekend about disgruntled QB Steve McNair. With trade talks on ice, head coach Jeff Fisher spoke of going in a different direction with McNair and making an effort to bring him back. ''I think Baltimore's window came and left,'' Fisher said. ''I think the next step is to try to communicate with [McNair] and see if we can work something out.''

I believe this is a last resort by Tenn to try to get something for McNair before they release him.

1458161[/snapback]

Whatever happens, the Ravens will screw this up. :D

Fisher has been quoted as saying that the Titans can't afford McNair's cap number this year.

I think they are trying to get more out of Baltimore but Baltimore knows that eventually they'll have to release him.

I don't see McNair redoing his contract to lower his cap number.

Fisher has been quoted as saying that the Titans can't afford McNair's cap number this year.

I think they are trying to get more out of Baltimore but Baltimore knows that eventually they'll have to release him.

I don't see McNair redoing his contract to lower his cap number.

1458508[/snapback]

+1

tenn is just trying to extort something out of balt.