[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne and Bell

DMD

what is the consensus on this? I mean if you look at the numbers, they are hardly overwhelming given that Bell cannot stay healthy and Ron Dayne is Ron Dayne. The Denver system has always been a great one but is it this great?

I always wondered if Tatum Bell is in Shanny's doghouse? Maybe his conditioning committment is lacking too much for Shanny's taste... something along those lines that we don't know. Cause Bell has flashed big play ability in his rookie season. He would blow up if he were to become a workhorse.

The Dayne talk as the starter sounds like motivational tactics really. But we all thought the same last year with Mike Anderson. I could definitely see Dayne and Bell doing the RBBC thing if Bell doesn't impress. Dayne looks good in this offense, I wouldn't write him off

RBBC... if it ain't broke mentality

Eh, I'm actually starting to that that Skellator beleives that he can make any back into a 1000 yard rusher, even someone with the disadvantadge of being Ron Dayne...

1456599[/snapback]

I know Dayne sucked in NY....but he did win a Heisman so he must have some talent, no? In the DEN system, he WILL be a 1000 rusher if Skeletor gives him the opportunity (barring injury).

I think Denver would have drafted someone if they really didn't like Dayne/Bell.

I'm still expecting much of the same as last year with Dayne filling in for Anderson (although slightly less production in comparison from Dayne, and perhaps a slight increase from Bell). I see both backs as a viable #2 option even in a RBBC.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I think Zia's opinions are based on who he has on his fantasy teams...not the other way around. :D

:D

1456804[/snapback]

No, not at all. :D And why do you think I have him on my team, if I didnt think he had a chance to start.

Broncos | No running backs drafted; currently three to battle for the job

Wed, 3 May 2006 06:35:05 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos did not draft a running back in the NFL Draft. They reportedly have added undrafted rookie free agent RB Mike Bell, but the three leading contenders to be the team's starting running back are RBs Ron Dayne, Tatum Bell and Cedric Cobbs. Dayne is the early front-runner for the top job. "I'm happy that we didn't take a first-round running back because that means that player would get his opportunities simply because he's a first-round draft pick," Cobbs said.

Dayne, Bell, Cobbs - or an unknown - out to be top back

Edited by Ziachild007

Cedric Cobbs :D

1456795[/snapback]

I actually think this could happen.

When Cobbs came out as a rookie, maybe were heralding him as a great sleeper pick in dynasty leagues. He got hurt and never caught on in NE, which is fine because now he is in a much better situation. If a guy like Reuben Droughns can emerge in DEN, there is certaonly no reason to discount Cobbs.

RBBC in DEN is horrible. The worst RBBC fantasy wise. Instead of splitting time during games skeletor splits weeks sometimes.

I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole.

There will be weeks Dayne will get 100 yrds and a TD and days where he gets doughnuts.

Every yeares somebody gets stuck trying to figure out the Denver RB situation.  I got stuck in a copule of leagues in that situation.  It never works out no matter what you do.

1457070[/snapback]

False, I got Mike Anderson in the mid rounds last year and he solidified my #2 RB spot and helped me win the title. What you meant to say was 'every year someone takes a DEN RB very high and last year it didn't pan out because that RB that was drafted high was Tatum Bell in most leagues', correct?

I know Dayne sucked in NY....but he did win a Heisman so he must have some talent, no?  In the DEN system, he WILL be a 1000 rusher if Skeletor gives him the opportunity (barring injury).

1456626[/snapback]

Honestly, he had an amazing line. He didnt get touched anywhere near the line of scrimmage, usually nothing until he got to the second level. At the college level he had the strength and power to mow over the safties and some lb's, not so much in this league though. I don't know about the guy.

Honestly, he had an amazing line.  He didnt get touched anywhere near the line of scrimmage, usually nothing until he got to the second level.  At the college level he had the strength and power to mow over the safties and some lb's, not so much in this league though.  I don't know about the guy.

1458158[/snapback]

i was pleased with him last year. i probably saw every carry he got from preseason through the playoffs and, i have to say, i liked him better than anderson. they were very similar though. i'm very interested to see what he does this year, but i'm a bit wary as well. if bell or dayne gets hurt... :D they'd better be right about ced cobbs.

Edited by Azazello1313

Honestly, he had an amazing line.  He didnt get touched anywhere near the line of scrimmage, usually nothing until he got to the second level.  At the college level he had the strength and power to mow over the safties and some lb's, not so much in this league though.  I don't know about the guy.

1458158[/snapback]

He'll work out if they use him in the right situations. I think they have an idea at this point about what he can do well at and what he can't. For goal line situations and short yardage I'd expect the more explosive Bell to get the carries.