[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gallery to move to left tackle

Randall

Why they drafted him #2 and made him move is still a question mark. Good move by Shell imo.

"For Gallery, the switch represents a return to the position he played during a stellar career at Iowa. He has started 31 games in his pro career, all at right tackle.

"I'm comfortable already," Gallery said. "I'll get the little (stuff) down and move on."

Shell said Gallery has the talent and work ethic necessary for him to succeed at left tackle. Shell knows a thing or two about the position, given he forged a Pro Football Hall of Fame career at left tackle with the Raiders from 1968-82.

"We are trying to find a home for him, and left tackle seems to be the home," Shell said. "We're trying to find a home for everybody."

If theres one thing Art Shell knows about, it's the Offensive Line, particularly Left Tackle.

Already the word out of minicamps is that the team in general, and the OL in particular, will be much tougher/meaner/physical under Shell. I hope is not just talk.

...sounds like good things for Randy Moss's ability to get open on long passing plays, and for Brooks' ability to sling it downfield...

...and for Lamont Jordan finding holes...

...etc...

Gallery has been a disappointment so far, considering how high the Raiders drafted him. But if anyone can turn him around it will be Art Shell.

So with Brooks, Moss, Porter and Jordan and an improvement on an already decent offensive line, the Raiders look to be able to score a lot of points this year.

The questions are on the defensive side of the ball.

Tougher/meaner/more disciplined...yep, Shell will bring all these attributes to a team that his been sorely lacking in all three catagories since 2002.

He already served Janokowski notice after a slow start...for every field goal he misses in practice, the entire team has to run 1 extra lap around the field....Janokowski hasnt missed one since the warning, including a 54 yarder.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Gallery has been a disappointment so far, considering how high the Raiders drafted him.  But if anyone can turn him around it will be Art Shell.

1458433[/snapback]

I'm wondering how good Gallery really is. Iowa's offensive line has been very good since Ferentz has been there. Hell, they weren't too bad towards the end of Hayden's tenure, either. Gallery may be somewhat of a "product of the system."

Given that he does have the physical attributes to be a monster OT, we'll see what Shell can do with him.

I'm wondering how good Gallery really is.  Iowa's offensive line has been very good since Ferentz has been there.  Hell, they weren't too bad towards the end of Hayden's tenure, either.  Gallery may be somewhat of a "product of the system."

Given that he does have the physical attributes to be a monster OT, we'll see what Shell can do with him.

1458701[/snapback]

You're right but the Raiders team was in such disarray last season it was hard to tell.

It's not just Art Shell's guidance, don't forget Jackie Slater is now the Offensive Line Coach.

I refuse to call Gallery a disapointment since the team was coached so poorly the last few years, their identity was that it had no identity. They are going to re-establish a running game and with solid coaching to a very young O-Line, I am very happy with the direction of this team already.