[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Smith

Crazysight

How does he do this year? It looks like he will have a very good target to throw the ball to at TE on top of having an adequate running-game and adequate receivers. Does anyone else think he might post decent numbers this year?

Edited by Crazysight

When you say adequate running game & adequate receivers you mean brutal receivers and below average running game right?

1458520[/snapback]

Well perhaps. They have decent running backs, but I don't see them as having a very assertive offensive line. Adding Davis to the mix should aid the running game some though.

I think the O-line is still likely to present some issues though.  I don't know that they've done anything to improve it.

1458523[/snapback]

They will have Jonas Jennings back at LT, and that sould help a lot. I'm a bit worried about the center position though. Their O line isn't that bad, but there is little depth. Antonio Bryant, with the addition od Davis should help. I wonder if they don't use Davis as a WR at times.... he has the speed, and if he can stay healthy, they have a decent reiving TE.

Mini camp reports on Smith have been fairly good, so far....

They will have Jonas Jennings back at LT, and that sould help a lot. I'm a bit worried about the center position though. Their O line isn't that bad, but there is little depth. Antonio Bryant, with the addition od Davis should help. I wonder if they don't use Davis as a WR at times.... he has the speed, and if he can stay healthy, they have a decent reiving TE.

Mini camp reports on Smith have been fairly good, so far....

1458534[/snapback]

I don't know anything about Jonas Jennings. Thanks for pointing that out. I was just looking at their depth chart on NFL.com which doesn't list Jennings.

Jonas Jennings: 6 year veteran 6'3 325 pounds. Underwent surgery in November for a torn labrum on his right shoulder. The injury was exaserbated by scarring from a previous injury that he had had on the same joint.

I guess a lot could depend on how his rehab goes. He certainly seems large enough to potentially help the team out.

:D

1458722[/snapback]

10 time pro-bowler, future first ballot HOFer. Yeah, that could help. He may not even play much at all at his age, but if nothing else his experience should be beneficial to San Fran's relatively young line.

10 time pro-bowler, future first ballot HOFer.  Yeah, that could help.  He may not even play much at all at his age, but if nothing else his experience should be beneficial to San Fran's relatively young line.

1458727[/snapback]

Allen isn't the player that he was back in the '90s, but he's still significantly better than the average NFL guard... and MUCH better than the crap on SF's O-line.

It's hard to complete passes while laying on your back.  He needs a lot better protection before he will start hitting those receivers on any kind of a regular basis.

1458878[/snapback]

That's why they needed a stud TE, which I believe they got. Now he'll have a lot of quick hits that he'll be able to use as well as improved blocking.