[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Smith

Crazysight

He'll be better because his line will be better.

Tough to throw when you're always running for your life.

1459144[/snapback]

Being a rookie in the league with barely anyone to throw TO is hardly helpful either...

I'm sure that's part of the reason they brought in a smart vet like Dilfer.  He's someone who Smith could learn from.

1459051[/snapback]

I think Dilfer will teach Smith a lot. Smith has the brains and body to play in the NFL. Davis is only gonna help him. It will take a while for him to have success statistically because of the team around him but I expect to see a huge improvement.

I'd say San Fran's O-line is above average. They've got a solid LT in Jennings, a good-great LG in Allen, a stellar center in Newberry (who has his health problems, but looks to be okay for the start of the season), and a talented, young RG in Smiley. Kwame Harris has been bust so far, but he's got potential.

Plus, they have Adam Snyder (former 3rd-rounder) to back up both tackle spots and Eric Heitmann, who's a valuable backup at all 3 interior spots.

I'd say the only excuse Smith will have this year is that his WRs are still young and his projected #1 and #2 targets (Bryant and Davis) will both be in their first year of the offense.

I'd say San Fran's O-line is above average. They've got a solid LT in Jennings, a good-great LG in Allen, a stellar center in Newberry (who has his health problems, but looks to be okay for the start of the season), and a talented, young RG in Smiley. Kwame Harris has been bust so far, but he's got potential.

Plus, they have Adam Snyder (former 3rd-rounder) to back up both tackle spots and Eric Heitmann, who's a valuable backup at all 3 interior spots.

I'd say the only excuse Smith will have this year is that his WRs are still young and his projected #1 and #2 targets (Bryant and Davis) will both be in their first year of the offense.

1460057[/snapback]

Word isn't out on Jennings recovery yet...if he does get back to 100% though it should be a significant improvement for that offense.

Actually they should have Eric Johnson returning next season as well. That offense could be surprising if it can keep most of its parts in place.

Here's a telling quote I just found from last season:

Arnaz Battle is currently San Francisco's No. 1 receiver.

Impact: The oft-injured player is a solid No. 2 at best. We have no idea who would start opposite him at this point, either Rashaun Woods, Otis Amey, or the immortal P.J. Fleck. Have fun, Alex Smith :D