[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great article on Westbrook

yo mama

Good stuff. The gist seems to be: (1) expect more of a running game from Westbrook and the Eagles this year; and (2) he's fully healed from the lis franc issue.

"he expects to be in the best shape of his professional career to shoulder the new and increased load"

Edited by yo mama

I just wish I felt better about keeping him. Every year you hear about how he is going to be used, and early preseason rankings have him at #9 in the RBs, but I just don't see it.

I have to decide between Westie, K. Jones, and Cedric Benson as my number 1 back (UGH!!). Guess we will see in training camp.

Even for non-keepers I think that Westbrook will be a nice bargain pick this year.

1458678[/snapback]

I think he'd be a great #2 RB, especially in PPR leauges, beginning about 14-15 picks in.

The gist seems to be: (1) expect more of a running game from Westbrook and the Eagles this year; and (2) he's fully healed from the lis franc issue.

1458644[/snapback]

1) We always hear this sort of thing from every team every year. I'll believe it from Andy Ried when I see it.

2) I'm warry of the Lis Frog even if they say he is healed. I may be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but that's a tricky injury from what I understand and prone to flare up or re-injury.

That said, for yardage leagues, I'm sure I'll still have him ranked as a top #2 second rounder type. A #1 for leagues with reception points.

1) We always hear this sort of thing from every team every year.  I'll believe it from Andy Ried when I see it.

2)  I'm warry of the Lis Frog even if they say he is healed.  I may be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but that's a tricky injury from what I understand and prone to flare up or re-injury. 

That said, for yardage leagues, I'm sure I'll still have him ranked as a top #2 second rounder type. A #1 for leagues with reception points.

1458771[/snapback]

1) he's never said he was going to run more....he has said things like they will continue to do what they do, and that's win football games...

2) people who rehab the injury patiently come back fully recovered...even in the past 2-3 years, there has been a vast improvement on making the recovery process cleaner and quicker

and in yardage and PPR leagues...he's almost right there with LT2

1) he's never said he was going to run more....he has said things like they will continue to do what they do, and that's win football games...

2) people who rehab the injury patiently come back fully recovered...even in the past 2-3 years, there has been a vast improvement on making the recovery process cleaner and quicker

1458786[/snapback]

Wetsbrook was solid for me last season, and will be again next season. I got cold feet when I heard the Eagles may be looking RB in the draft, so I dealt him in my dynasty league. But in my keeper league, I'll be happy to retain him. He's a solid #2, good #1.

1458786[/snapback]

wooooop, woooop, woooop! Major homer alert!

I bought into the hype last year around Deuce McAllister and Jamal Lewis.  I don't read into articles like this anymore.

1459523[/snapback]

Show me a better article, and I'll read that too. But at this point in the offseason, I'll take - and share - what I can get.

Edited by yo mama

I just wish I felt better about keeping him. Every year you hear about how he is going to be used, and early preseason rankings have him at #9 in the RBs, but I just don't see it.

I have to decide between Westie, K. Jones, and Cedric Benson as my number 1 back (UGH!!).  Guess we will see in training camp.

1458667[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D Benson as #1...eeeeks!!!!! Your team could be a disaster if you don't have a better #1 RB than Benson...Thomas Jones looks to get a huge amount of carries there...better go with Jones or Westbrook...Benson could be a total fantasy death as a #1 RB... :D:D

wooooop, woooop, woooop! Major homer alert!

1459500[/snapback]

exactly...

the running the ball thing is something I've paid close attention to...

they plan on running more and this drafts has proven that clearly..

:D  :D  :D  :D  Benson as #1...eeeeks!!!!!  Your team could be a disaster if you don't have a better #1 RB than Benson...Thomas Jones looks to get a huge amount of carries there...better go with Jones or Westbrook...Benson could be a total fantasy death as a #1 RB... :D  :D

1459681[/snapback]

only way that I would even consider benson is if (and that is a big IF) he supplants Jones as the starter in Chi-town...already some rumblings about that, but until training camp, we won't really know anything.