[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Go away, you're 3rd round pick.

Randall

Hines Ward

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes made a good first impression on WR Hines Ward when they met last week. Ward would like to help assimilate him into the team's offense, but learned from two past wide receivers about offering such help.

Ward said, "If he wants to be helped and asks, I'm more than willing. But for me to go out of the way to try to help somebody, I'm not going to do it. I did that before, and it didn't work." Ward said he was rebuffed by free agent WR Troy Edwards (Lions) and WR Plaxico Burress, currently with the New York Giants, when they were with the team.

Ward claimed both first-round draft picks did not respect him because he was drafted in the third-round. He said he took WR Antwaan Randle El, now with the Washington Redskins, under his wing because he asked for help.

Hines Ward

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes made a good first impression on WR Hines Ward when they met last week. Ward would like to help assimilate him into the team's offense, but learned from two past wide receivers about offering such help.

Ward said, "If he wants to be helped and asks, I'm more than willing. But for me to go out of the way to try to help somebody, I'm not going to do it. I did that before, and it didn't work." Ward said he was rebuffed by free agent WR Troy Edwards (Lions) and WR Plaxico Burress, currently with the New York Giants, when they were with the team.

Ward claimed both first-round draft picks did not respect him because he was drafted in the third-round. He said he took WR Antwaan Randle El, now with the Washington Redskins, under his wing because he asked for help.

1461439[/snapback]

That says a lot about Troy Edwards and Plaxico Burress. Burress has 10 times the physical abilities that Ward has, yet, he could never supplant Ward from the #1 WR role. Why ? One word........ heart.

That says a lot about Troy Edwards and Plaxico Burress.  Burress has 10 times the physical abilities that Ward has, yet, he could never supplant Ward from the #1 WR role.  Why ?  One word........ heart.

1461462[/snapback]

That's right it does. It says a lot about 1st round players who think they are stars before really accomplishing anything.