[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Smith Retires!

Huddled Masses

when did TO do that? :D

in case you don't remember, the only postseason game TO played in for the eagles they lost.

1467251[/snapback]

Um, in case you don't remember, T.O. put up 122 yds receiving in that game at much less than 100% healthy... 40 more than his closest teammate. Without him, the score wouldn't have even been close. You've probably also forgotten the last-second bullet from Steve Young that he caught in triple coverage to beat the Packers in the '98/'99 NFC divisional game.

So, let me get this straight: T.O. has THIRTY FOUR more career TDs than Jimmy Smith, a better career yards/rec average, more playoff receiving yards, the NFL single-game receiving record, and his career isn't even close to over yet. But Jimmy Smith is the bigger "impact player"? :D

I dislike T.O. as much as the next person and I wouldn't be surprised if his attitude kept him out of Canton. However, only a ret@rd would argue that Jimmy Smith was a more dominant receiver than him.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic