[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Jimmy Smith make the HoF

Big Score 1

Hear Ye...Hear Ye...Hear Ye... :D

Fellow Huddler's.

Help settle our newest burning question.

Will Jimmy Smith make the HoF?

No need to wear your answer on your sleeve if you don't want to.

Anonymous votes are completely acceptable.

Thanking you for your participation in advance :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should he? Probably. He's finished high in a lot of important category but has a good amount of active players right behind him who will push him down within the next 5 years, when he becomes eligible.

So, he won't.

When Tim Brown retired he was top 3 in receptions, TDs and yards so he's a first ballot lock IMO.

I'm on the fence. Maybe. The guy has a ton of catches, but then again, had a pretty long career. What was that stat? More catches than any WR currently in the Hall? (Well, that will change soon...). But heck, if Art Monk is not in... Jimmy Smith? I voted yes, btw... thinking Monk will eventually get in, and Smith may slip in at some point.

116 catches for 1636 yards doesn't do it for ya, huh? :D

1465108[/snapback]

How many times did he go over 100 in a season? That's not enough for HOF. WR is the toughest position to get in at right now (saw some HOF VP guy or something on NFL last night say that).

Should he? I think he is really on the boarder line. I can't see him getting in before Monk, Irvin, or Reed. If those three get in, and there isn't another prominent WR that comes up for a while, he might get in. The more I think about it, the more I think he probably will not, or if he does, it will be 12-20 years from now.

Should he?  I think he is really on the boarder line.  I can't see him getting in before Monk, Irvin, or Reed.  If those three get in, and there isn't another prominent WR that comes up for a while, he might get in.  The more I think about it, the more I think he probably will not, or if he does, it will be 12-20 years from now.

1465216[/snapback]

Just as long as Monk gets in first, Jimmy can be admitted.