[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions Recievers

Jackass

News: According to published reports, WRs Charles Rogers and Mike Williams are not working out in Rod Marinelli's new, much-aligned system, nor are they showing any signs of improvement or desire to improve.

1465691[/snapback]

Where did you see this? And what the heck is a "much-aligned" system? Did you mean "much-maligned"... or is this some new formation where the receivers line up in the "I"?

Where did you see this?  And what the heck is a "much-aligned" system?  Did you mean "much-maligned"... or is this some new formation where the receivers line up in the "I"?

1465706[/snapback]

He got it from cBS Sportsline: link

LOL, they said "much-aligned".

He got it from cBS Sportsline:  link

LOL, they said "much-aligned".

1465709[/snapback]

I truly despise highly talented. lazy players. There are so many players that would give the proverbial 'anything' to have the chance guys like these have.

The NFL really needs to address rookie contracts. IMO (and I am not humble about it at all, there should be a standard rookie contract. Being drafted highly should get you nothing, except maybe a token sized bonus.

I truly despise highly talented. lazy players.  There are so many players that would give the proverbial 'anything' to have the chance guys like these have.

The NFL really needs to address rookie contracts.  IMO (and I am not humble about it at all, there should be a standard rookie contract.  Being drafted highly should get you nothing, except maybe a token sized bonus.

1465728[/snapback]

Agreed, way too much money (and it goes up every year) to high potential (which can also mean high disappointment potential) rookies. Too many top picks who turn out to be busts. Save that money and reward the players in their 3rd year, free agents, etc. Where else are these rookies going to go? The teams can set the market on the rookies.

Agreed, way too much money (and it goes up every year) to high potential (which can also mean high disappointment potential) rookies.  Too many top picks who turn out to be busts.  Save that money and reward the players in their 3rd year, free agents, etc.  Where else are these rookies going to go?  The teams  can set the market on the rookies.

1465740[/snapback]

:D

Or let the money be available in a bonus structure. But the kid has to earn the playing time at the discretion of the coaching staff.

I think Charles Rodgers has nothing, but i'm not so sure about Mike Williams... He's 21 years old, right? Remember that the Lions really don't have someone to seriously mentor him... Outside of a few offensive linemen, what offensive leaders do they have? Kevin Jones? Roy Williams? Those guys are way too young, and I doubt he'd listen to them. I think if he was to go to a team with a great veteren leader, he could still salvage his season...

News: According to published reports, WRs Charles Rogers and Mike Williams are not working out in Rod Marinelli's new, much-aligned system, nor are they showing any signs of improvement or desire to improve.

1465691[/snapback]

How quickly things change in a week. :D

KFFL:

Lions | Rogers could be featured wide receiver

Sat, 6 May 2006 11:19:25 -0700

Rob Parker, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers could be given the chance to become the featured wide receiver for the team.

Or maybe it's this:

KFFL:

Lions | Rogers or Williams could be gone

Fri, 12 May 2006 09:17:41 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could part with either WR Charles Rogers or WR Mike Williams before the regular season.

Or this?:

KFFL:

Lions | Williams says Marinelli directed some comments at him

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:25:11 -0700

Larry Lage, of the Associated Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Williams said new Lions' head coach Rod Marinelli only looked at him as he delivered part of his stern message at the start of minicamp Tuesday, April 11. "'I don't want you to be late, and I don't want you to be overweight,' and he looked right at me," Williams recalled. Marinelli "just wants me to be the player I was before I came here," Williams said. Williams played at 239 pounds last year. He said he's 230 now and hopes to look more like the 212-pound WR Roy E. Williams. "I'm trying to catch Roy. I've got best going because everybody thinks I'll be 225," Mike Williams said. Williams said he was late to one meeting last season but said reports indicated he missed 15 or 20.

How quickly things change in a week.    :D

KFFL:

Lions | Rogers could be featured wide receiver

Sat, 6 May 2006 11:19:25 -0700

Rob Parker, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers could be given the chance to become the featured wide receiver for the team.

1466498[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Anything R. Parker writes is not worth the paper it is printed on. Parker is a hack who has absolutely NO credibility. If you ever read anything from this hack again, believe the exact opposite. Rogers is done in Detroit, especially of A. Hakim is brought in.

:D  :D  :D

Anything R. Parker writes is not worth the paper it is printed on.  Parker is a hack who has absolutely NO credibility.  If you ever read anything from this hack again, believe the exact opposite.  Rogers is done in Detroit, especially of A. Hakim is brought in.

1466555[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up. :D

:D  :D  :D

Anything R. Parker writes is not worth the paper it is printed on.  Parker is a hack who has absolutely NO credibility.  If you ever read anything from this hack again, believe the exact opposite.  Rogers is done in Detroit, especially of A. Hakim is brought in.

1466555[/snapback]

Dropping knowled... oops. :D

Wob Parker is known for blowing a lot of hot air.

Edited by Egret

I know a good vetrinarian, but I'm not sure if he can heal the lions ...  :D

1467293[/snapback]

Does he use the "pink juice"? If so it may help.