[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank the Tier 2 RBs

kpholmes

Rank the Non-Rookie Tier 2 RBs, with short explanation.

Droughns,Reuben

Parker,Willie

Taylor,Chester

Bell,Tatum

Dunn,Warrick

Martin,Curtis

Lewis,Jamal

Dillon,Corey

Jones,Thomas

McAllister,Deuce

Foster,De'shaun

Green,Ahman

Taylor,Fred

Gore,Frank

Rhodes,Dominic

Brown,Chris

Parker,Willie - Should be able to shoulder the load, but Staley's there. Haynes will get looks, too.

Taylor,Chester - Love Taylor in Minny. Moore is there, but looks to be a 3rd down back only.

Foster,De'shaun - Somewhat brittle, but when healthy, can be a monster.

Jones,Thomas - Could conceivably be the #1 on this list, but methinks Benson will be getting many carries.

Droughns,Reuben - Steady but boring.

Dillon,Corey - Age/injuries must be of concern. Tons of competition.

Martin,Curtis - Age is of concern, although I'm not sure Cedric Houston is ready to unseat CuMar.

Bell,Tatum - RBBC waiting to happen

Dunn,Warrick - Still gets you yardage.

Lewis,Jamal - No Taylor there now, but several concerns. If healthy/motivated, could be the best of this bunch.

McAllister,Deuce - Two words: Reggie Bush. On top of it, coming off injury.

Green,Ahman - Another guy coming off injury with some competition there.

Taylor,Fred - Same old Freddy.

Brown,Chris - Brittle and has Henry and White that can carry the ball.

Gore,Frank - Could be a steal as a backup RB if he can keep the starter's job.

Rhodes,Dominic - Doesn't have "starter's stuff", IMO. Better suited for backup.

Rank the Non-Rookie Tier 2 RBs, with short explanation.

Droughns,Reuben

Parker,Willie

Taylor,Chester

Bell,Tatum

Dunn,Warrick

Martin,Curtis

Lewis,Jamal

Dillon,Corey

Jones,Thomas

McAllister,Deuce

Foster,De'shaun

Green,Ahman

Taylor,Fred

Gore,Frank

Rhodes,Dominic

Brown,Chris

1465782[/snapback]

I'm not so sure I agree with your tiering...

Right off the top of my head, here's ab out what I would have on tier one and two.

Tier 1 LT, LJ, SA

Tier 2 Tiki, Jordan, Rudi, Portis, Edge, D Davis, Ronnie Brown, Caddy.

Tier 3 SJax, Westbrook, T Jones, Dillon, Lewis, Dunn, Parker, Foster, McGahee, C Taylor, Droughns, F Taylor, C-Mart.

That's a quick snap. People might try to say Tiki is a tier 1. I can respect that, but have him at the top of 2. People might want to make Edge tier 1, but he's in Az now. Nobody really deserves to be with the top 3. You could make arguements for SJax, Westbrook, and McGahee being on tier 2.

Those are not a ranking, BTW, just a tiering.

Right off the top of my head, here's ab out what I would have on tier one and two.

Tier 1 LT, LJ, SA

Tier 3 SJax, Westbrook, T Jones, Dillon, Lewis, Dunn, Parker, Foster, McGahee, C Taylor, Droughns, F Taylor, C-Mart.

That's a quick snap.  People might try to say Tiki is a tier 1.  I can respect that, but have him at the top of 2.  People might want to make Edge tier 1, but he's in Az now.  Nobody really deserves to be with the top 3.  You could make arguements for SJax, Westbrook, and McGahee being on tier 2.

1465811[/snapback]

I agree w/ ya on most accounts. Although I will use this opportunity to say that I personally really like Edge's situation in AZ. :D

I agree w/ ya on most accounts.  Although I will use this opportunity to say that I personally really like Edge's situation in AZ.  :D

1465844[/snapback]

And while I will not try and compare Edge with JJ Arrington or Shipp, that's what people have been saying for the last several years about Az runningbacks. Until I see that the o-line learned how to run block, I can't put him as a tier one back.

Besides...what a nitpick :D:D

Would you put Edge in the same producion class as the top 3 anyways? Because otherwise he's still on tier 2 :D

Parker,Willie - Should be able to shoulder the load, but Staley's there.  Haynes will get looks, too.

Taylor,Chester - Love Taylor in Minny.  Moore is there, but looks to be a 3rd down back only. 

Foster,De'shaun - Somewhat brittle, but when healthy, can be a monster.

Jones,Thomas - Could conceivably be the #1 on this list, but methinks Benson will be getting many carries.

Droughns,Reuben - Steady but boring. 

Dillon,Corey - Age/injuries must be of concern.  Tons of competition.

Martin,Curtis - Age is of concern, although I'm not sure Cedric Houston is ready to unseat CuMar.

Bell,Tatum - RBBC waiting to happen

Dunn,Warrick - Still gets you yardage.

Lewis,Jamal - No Taylor there now, but several concerns.  If healthy/motivated, could be the best of this bunch.

McAllister,Deuce - Two words:  Reggie Bush.  On top of it, coming off injury.

Green,Ahman - Another guy coming off injury with some competition there.

Taylor,Fred - Same old Freddy. 

Brown,Chris - Brittle and has Henry and White that can carry the ball.

Gore,Frank - Could be a steal as a backup RB if he can keep the starter's job.

Rhodes,Dominic - Doesn't have "starter's stuff", IMO.  Better suited for backup.

1465793[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Dillon may still be considered "tier one" backs at this point (at least for the short run anyways). Parker could be tier one if only he'd get goalline carries, which he probably won't or will at least have to split.

Edited by Crazysight

Ronnie Brown is tier one IMO. I buy into him enough at this point to see him as a strong runningback who's young and has very low mileage, while this wouldn't be the case for LT SA or Tiki. He looks better than the other young runningbacks in the league to me.

Tier 1 LT, LJ, SA

That's a quick snap.  People might try to say Tiki is a tier 1.  I can respect that, but have him at the top of 2.  People might want to make Edge tier 1, but he's in Az now.  Nobody really deserves to be with the top 3.  You could make arguements for SJax, Westbrook, and McGahee being on tier 2.

1465811[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown is tier one IMO.  I buy into him enough at this point to see him as a strong runningback who's young and has very low mileage, while this wouldn't be the case for LT SA or Tiki.  He looks better than the other young runningbacks in the league to me.

1465877[/snapback]

Tier one for what? A start-up dynasty draft?

There is no evidence that Ronnie Brown will be even in the same ballpark as the LJ, LT, SA group. Mileage has nothing to do with it.

Taylor,Chester - Love Taylor in Minny.  Moore is there, but looks to be a 3rd down back only just give taylor a periodic rest

1465793[/snapback]

fixed

Edited by keggerz

Tier one for what?  A start-up dynasty draft?

There is no evidence that Ronnie Brown will be even in the same ballpark as the LJ, LT, SA group.  Mileage has nothing to do with it.

1465882[/snapback]

He must mean round 1, not tier one. Tier 3 probably.

Ok, fine, but the "positive waves for DeShaun" program has been great, his bones near unbreakable now, plus he's had a special uni made of kevlar made. Foster will take his place amoung the NFL Elite this season-ya heard it here first sports fans.

Tier one for what?  A start-up dynasty draft?

There is no evidence that Ronnie Brown will be even in the same ballpark as the LJ, LT, SA group.  Mileage has nothing to do with it.

1465882[/snapback]

Mileage certainly does have something to do with it when you are in a dynasty league (any dynasty league, doesn't matter if it's a startup or not), which is the only type of league that I play in. Considering LTs mileage and that it appeared that he may have been displaying some wear and tear for the I believe the first time last year, I would certainly put Ron Brown in the same tier as him in a dynasty league (or whoever you consider to be the best of the young runningbacks to come out in the last couple years). If you're not talking about a dynasty league than I would certainly put Tiki in the same category as those three as he has definitely earned that amount of respect. Dillon could also be considered tier one (in a non-dynasty league) if he can have a return to health and post similar numbers to what he did 2 years ago. Another person to consider would be Lamont Jordan (in a dynasty or non-dynasty league) who had a tremendous first year as a starter. If he isn't tier 1 than he at least seems to be considerably better than the other RBs in the tier 2 list. Clinton Portis also quietly had a very strong year last season. The same would apply to him.

Edited by Crazysight

I'd put Taylor Rhodes and Brown lower than tier 2. I wouldn't be surprised to see Travis Henry beat Brown out as Henry had some very strong years in Buffalo not too long ago. Also factor into the mix Lendale White who was just drafted by Tennessee.

I don't rank them, I categorize them and pick the one I like best in his situation

(starting RB's with little chance of losing thair job)

Taylor,Chester

Droughns,Reuben

Dunn,Warrick

(slash type backs who share carries and can be unseated for the #1 spot or share almost half the carries)

Parker,Willie

Foster,De'shaun

Rhodes,Dominic

(backs who can be a stud, but they share carries or likely will see less than half the load they should)

McAllister,Deuce

Jones,Thomas

Brown,Chris

Taylor,Fred

Green,Ahman

(young RB's who steal carries and have potential)

Bell,Tatum

Gore,Frank

(old or washed/beat up with a lot of mileage)

Lewis,Jamal

Martin,Curtis

Dillon,Corey

Ok, fine, but the "positive waves for DeShaun" program has been great, his bones near unbreakable now, plus he's had a special uni made of kevlar made. Foster will take his place amoung the NFL Elite this season-ya heard it here first sports fans.

1466095[/snapback]

i'd believe it, but i'm a little worried about the kid they drafted cutting in.

I don't rank them, I categorize them and pick the one I like best in his situation

(starting RB's with little chance of losing thair job)

Taylor,Chester

Droughns,Reuben

Dunn,Warrick

(slash type backs who share carries and can be unseated for the #1 spot or share almost half the carries)

Parker,Willie

Foster,De'shaun

Rhodes,Dominic

(backs who can be a stud, but they share carries or likely will see less than half the load they should)

McAllister,Deuce

Jones,Thomas

Brown,Chris

Taylor,Fred 

Green,Ahman

(young RB's  who steal carries and have potential)

Bell,Tatum

Gore,Frank

(old or washed/beat up with a lot of mileage)

Lewis,Jamal 

Martin,Curtis

Dillon,Corey

1466422[/snapback]

Domanick Davis? :D