[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin or Fitz?

jaxfactor

I'd be happy with either and would likely take the strategy to not take the first one. I'll jump on the other one right after the first one goes. Well actually that's probably not true because if they are the highest on the board I would take one, but I do expect them to go within a few picks of each other. I really haven't done the research yet as all my drafts are months away, but at this point I'd say I prefer Boldin because he seems more consistent to me. However, I would expect Fitzgerald to be first off the board in more drafts because he is the more often red zone target.

i think fitz will go off the board first in most drafts, but i like boldin just as much.  maybe more.  but chit i like em both a lot.

1467792[/snapback]

I agree completely. Last season is he hadn't gotten hurt his fantasy numbers would have been #2 only behind S Smith. The guy's a beast and won't get hurt often. I think he and Chambers are both under-rated this year.

great problem, Boldin is more physical then Fitz, fought thru dudes on a short slant for a long one as i remember  :D

1467866[/snapback]

Fitz will get better at that as he gets older and stronger.

Boldin has had several knee issues in his career (college and pro). I go with Fitz.

Fitz was 2nd and Boldin 4th last year with pretty standard scoring and PPR. I like both, but give a slight edge to Fitz.

1467977[/snapback]

That doesn't tell the whole story, though. Boldin had a hiher PPG by amost a point compared to Fitzgerald. He lost out on the season overall by missing 2 games.

That, to me, is the reason to pick Fitzgerald over Boldin. Boldin is probably a little bit better of an NFL receiver, but I'd be afraid of not having him at a critical juncture and would opt for the other player.

I hold Fitz on a higher pedestool because Boldin has questionable wheels and has had them before he was drafted....it was the knock on him...

if I can get Fitz in the 3rd and SSmith, TO or CJ are gone....he's right there, IMO...

i reached for fitz last year to be my number 2 receiver, because i felt that he would produce like a 1....and i had javon walker go down in week 1...ive always kind of followed denny green(one of my best friends is a vikes fan), so having larry last year...i paid alot of attention to zona games

i have to say that if warner is starting..id favor boldin...he seems to favor boldin a bit...i think its because hes more torry holt...lot of slants and underneath stuff

josh mccown started 6 games last year....fitzgerald caught a touchdown in 5 out of 6 of those starts...he also caught a touchdown in a game from john navarre....so 6 out of larrys 10 tds came from mccown and navarre

warner missed weeks 4-8....he returned to start in weeks 9-15 before getting reinjured and missing the last two games of the year...boldin missed weeks 9 and 10 due to injury...heres boldins numbers in weeks 11-15 with warner back starting

week 11-8 catches 105 yards 1 td

week 12-10 catches 115 yards 0td

week 13-11 catches 156 yards 1td

week 14-9 catches 114 yards 0td

week 15-8 catches 134 yards 1 td

heres what fitz numbers looked like in those games

week 11-9-104 and a td

week 12-4-41 and a td

week 13-8-129

week 14-4-23

weel 15-6-85 and a td(second half from navarre)

i have to say that if warner is starting..id favor boldin...he seems to favor boldin a bit...i think its because hes more torry holt...lot of slants and underneath stuff

1468479[/snapback]

yeah more of a deep threat...more of a red zone jump ball threat....i love fitz..im just sayin i think warner favors boldin a bit...probably because he works the middle of the field more

1468506[/snapback]

I like Boldin more as well because once Kurt gets hurt, Leinart will be more comfortable with the middle and underneath stuff as he learns since he doesn't have the cannon.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

I dont think that either Fitz or Boldin will put us those types of numbers this year due to the fact that Warner will get injured and most likely Leinert will step in....I just dont see any rookie QB being consistent enough to make a great WR reach his potential. I say bump these guys into the best 10 through 20 WRs for this year.

I like Fitz over Boldin...they are both good but I am leary of Boldin's durability...I have heard this discussed a couple of time son Sirius and those guys (Cross, Wilcotts and Kirwin) seem to be all leaning toward Fitzgerald leading of the two...for what their opinion is worth...take it or leave it...

pick your risk....

boldin - suspect wheeels

fitz - not as versatile

1470736[/snapback]

Exactly. AND it's still too early. There's always the dreadful preseason injury. I hope not! :D