[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just curious: Which top 5 rookie RB's injury

Riffraff

Lots of people do not take into account injury history.

So, which scares you the most? Hammy, leg, or ACL?

---------------------------------

Full injury report:

Addai = 2002: Sat out the Mississippi game (11/23) with a right knee anterior cruciate ligament sprain. 2003: Underwent arthroscopic right knee surgery in June...Re-injured his right knee vs. Florida (10/11), sitting out the South Carolina and Auburn games and saw limited action vs. Louisiana Tech. 2005: Suffered a left ankle sprain in the first quarter vs. North Texas (10/29), missing the rest of the game...Returned the following week vs. Appalachian State (11/05), but again left in the first quarter when he re-injured his left ankle. The injury would continue to limit him the rest of the year.

Bush = 2002: Missed four games during his high school senior year with a fractured wrist. 2005: Underwent arthroscopic left shoulder surgery during spring drills...Suffered a right knee sprain vs. Arizona (10/08).

DeAngelo = 1999: Sat out four games during his high school sophomore year with a fractured bone in his foot. 2002: Suffered a mild concussion vs. Mississippi (9/05)...Sprained his right knee vs. Louisville (10/08), sitting out the following game vs. Mississippi State. 2003: Suffered a grade III right knee medial collateral ligament tear vs. Cincinnati (11/22), missing the season finale vs. South Florida and the New Orleans Bowl vs. North Texas. 2004: Fractured his right fibula in the GMAC Bowl vs. Bowling Green (12/22). 2005: After a mild left knee sprain suffered vs. Alabama-Birmingham (11/01), he chose to sit out the next game vs. Tennessee.

Maroney = 2005: Suffered a foot/high ankle sprain vs. Indiana (11/05), missing the following game vs. Michigan State...Returned vs. Iowa, but re-aggravated the injury.

White = 2004: Suffered a right ankle sprain vs. Washington (10/23) and the injury would affect his cutting ability the rest of the season. 2005: Sat out spring drills to concentrate on academics, but also underwent arthroscopic left ankle surgery to remove a torn cartilage.

Can't say you walked away from this post less informed. :D

thats why bush scares me

1469568[/snapback]

Bush scares me the most because he'll be the most expensive to obtain of all the other RB's in the draft. Too a high a draft pick to waste to possibly lose to injury

I didn't vote cause based on the question it was misleading for me. I would vote that a ACL injury scares me the most, however with the players you listed the Hammy injury scares me the most with Rookies (I tend to look past high school injuries unless they show a pattern that continued into the NCAA) and these guys in general cause some never recover from it in their first year. IIRC Rashaun Woods had a hammy injury that summer before the season, i liked the kid, but he has flopped big time. Worth a shot on a late round flier this year though :D

(I tend to look past high school injuries unless they show a pattern that continued into the NCAA)

Shouldn't have changed your mind much. He sprained the ACL in the NCAA (after tearing it in High School) and also had 2 MCL problems (listed as "re-injured" knee).

So, the pattern is there unless you don't choose to see it. Then it never happened at all.

Now, had you said it's been a few years since the ACL... that's I'd agree with.