[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone think Bush could be a bust?

Liverlips

I will say that one of my teachers who's opinion I trust a lot truly believes Bush will bust. He thinks there is no way Bush will be able to do anything near the stuff he did in college in the NFL. The game is a hundred times faster he says.

You can't really argue that. What Bush did in college was god like.

I think everyone is jumping the gun with the Gale Sayers comparisons and the Texans making the biggest draft mistake ever... Lets face it, he is smaller than what you'd like, and he's never played in a sixteen game season. He's never played on a fair playing level, as USC against anyone else was a joke, other than the UT game. He is a bit small, and I don't know how he'll react to extremley fast lb's trying to take his head off to welcome him to the nfl. I think he's a bit overrated, and in ten years from now, the other USC runningback will have the better career.

I think everyone is jumping the gun with the Gale Sayers comparisons and the Texans making the biggest draft mistake ever...  Lets face it, he is smaller than what you'd like, and he's never played in a sixteen game season.  He's never played on a fair playing level, as USC against anyone else was a joke, other than the UT game.  He is a bit small, and I don't know how he'll react to extremley fast lb's trying to take his head off to welcome him to the nfl.  I think he's a bit overrated, and in ten years from now, the other USC runningback will have the better career.

1469573[/snapback]

LenDale White better than Reggie Bush? I don't know if I'd go that far....

Bush weighs around 201

Dunn - 180

Droughns - 207

Rhodes - 208

Fason - 207

Barber - 200 (dripping wet)

Curtis Martin - 205

Westbrook - 200

Maurice Morris - 202

Clinton Portis - 205

It's not like Bush is exactly tiny.

Bush weighs around 201

Dunn - 180

Droughns - 207

Rhodes - 208

Fason - 207

Curtis Martin - 205

Westbrook - 200

Maurice Morris - 202

Clinton Portis - 205

1469611[/snapback]

No and at the combine he lifted 22-24 times and showed a lot of strength. What makes small guys excel is their ability to avoid hits with speed and moves. ˆ believe he will be fie and they will work him in slowly.

Bush has the height and weight of a third down back.

Tell that to Tiki Barber...

From nfl.com:

Barber

Height: 5-10

Weight: 200

Bush

Height: 6-0

Weight: 203

Bush isn't small and I think he'll be just fine in the NFL. Dude has crazy talent. :D

I think everyone is jumping the gun with the Gale Sayers comparisons and the Texans making the biggest draft mistake ever...  Lets face it, he is smaller than what you'd like, and he's never played in a sixteen game season. 

1469573[/snapback]

Well, yeah that's dumb but he isn't exactly small and what makes him so dangerious is his versatility. There has probably never been a back that is as good as a WR/kick returner as he is.

Come back in a year and revisit this. Comparing Mario Williams to Peppers is just as dumb, but that's the media always looking for a headline for you.

Well, yeah that's dumb but he isn't exactly small and what makes him so dangerious is his versatility. There has probably never been a back that is as good as a WR/kick returner  as he is.

Come back in a year  and revisit this. Comparing Mario Williams to Peppers is just as dumb, but that's the media always looking for a headline for you.

1469809[/snapback]

I think Bush will be a great pro because of his versatility... but it could be that White winds up a better fantasy back, depending on what scoring system you use. If you get ppr, Bush will be pure $ imo; otherwise, I think he'll have some games where he really goes off, and others where Deuce is the man for N.O.

Of course, if your league rewards return yardage and scores in some way, that would increase Bush's value as well.

I think Bush will be a great pro because of his versatility... but it could be that White winds up a better fantasy back, depending on what scoring system you use.  If you get ppr, Bush will be pure $ imo; otherwise, I think he'll have some games where he really goes off, and others where Deuce is the man for N.O.

Of course, if your league rewards return yardage and scores in some way, that would increase Bush's value as well.

1469818[/snapback]

Very true. Especially the return numbers.

Bush may end up being a bust, but it won't be because he was too small!  I think he'll do well.

1469827[/snapback]

awesome avatar...

but he could be a bust as much as he could be a great RB. What's ridiculous is the hyperbole asserting that he could be Gail Sayers. Wait till this guy runs through the NO O-line into a veteran Defensivve line before we decide he has ANY skills whatsoever.

Bush weighs around 201

Dunn - 180

Droughns - 207

Rhodes - 208

Fason - 207

Curtis Martin - 205

Westbrook - 200

Maurice Morris - 202

Clinton Portis - 205

1469611[/snapback]

And add in Marshall Faulk, who he's been compared to. 5'11", 211 per NFL.com.

Well, his approval rating is at an all time low...

I think it's safe to say he has been the biggest bust to date!

1469889[/snapback]

Imagine the headlines in week 13 when the Saints play the 49ers and it will be "Bush vs. Gore".

It's not that he's too small. It's that he has the body of a WR and runs like a WR--BOLT UPRIGHT. He's a 'tweener with incredible open-field skills. The problem is that you have to get him in the open field. He doesn't have the ability to carry the load 25 times, move the chains fourth down or punch it in from the two. He's a flashy, versatile guy, but the hardest thing to do in the NFL is give a guy who needs space to operate space.

Basically, he's Peter Warrick.

Peace

policy

It's not that he's too small.  It's that he has the body of a WR and runs like a WR--BOLT UPRIGHT.  He's a 'tweener with incredible open-field skills.  The problem is that you have to get him in the open field.  He doesn't have the ability to carry the load 25 times, move the chains fourth down or punch it in from the two.  He's a flashy, versatile guy, but the hardest thing to do in the NFL is give a guy who needs space to operate space.

Basically, he's Peter Warrick.

Peace

policy

1470055[/snapback]

People feel he can't carry the load in the NFL because he didn't need to college with LenDale. Obviously this is a stretch but he did that in high school and I have confidence that he can do that now in the NFL. People are forgetting that Bush he isn't really that small and he is a pretty tough runner too.

Again, size is overrated.

Imagine the headlines in week 13 when the Saints play the 49ers and it will be "Bush vs. Gore".

1469896[/snapback]

And he will win the popular vote, but the Superbowl refs will decide the outcome. :D

1469963[/snapback]

But who is going to count the hanging chads??? :D

And who is this Hanging Chad?? What position does he play??? :D