[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Porter opens his mouth again...

kpholmes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5608636

When will the guy learn to keep his trap shut?? :D

As he showed during Super Bowl week last February, Steelers linebacker Joey Porter isn't afraid to speak his mind. And apparently, that extends to the president of the United States.

According to a report in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Porter has a bone to pick with President George W. Bush when the Super Bowl champion Steelers visit the White House on June 2.

Joey Porter has never been one to remain quiet. (Andy Lyons / Getty Images)

"Yeah, I got something to say to Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

You may recall, Porter's comments during the days leading up to Super Bowl XL were the most inflammatory of the week. Porter directed most of his ire toward Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens, blowing Stevens' "guarantee" of a Super Bowl win way out of proportion.

"I don't think he is worth enough to talk like that," Porter said. "Personally, I think he is soft. That's just me. This is his fourth year in the league and you have never heard anything about him until right now. He is just starting to play.

"He was a first-rounder. You aren't too good if you are a first-rounder and you barely play for four years, and that is just my opinion. If you are a first-rounder, you are supposed to come in and play immediately. You are barely getting on the field in your fourth year? And he got on because somebody got hurt so I don't respect his game or anything he talked about."

President Bush isn't the only chief that Porter has a few words for these days.

Porter also took issue with Pittsburgh head coach Bill Cowher, who has repeatedly said that he doesn't believe the Steelers were the best team in the NFL last season, even though they won the Super Bowl.

"Everybody looks at it different, but that's not how I look at it," Porter said. "I feel like we definitely was the best football team.

"(Cowher) probably has a different outlook than I do. That's just my point of view on how I feel. But he's the head coach, he looks at it a whole different way. He breaks down film different ways than I break it down."

Joey runs his mouth to get himself pumped up. But running your mouth to the

President? Somebody please bring a boot or something to stick in his mouth.

We need you on the field Joey not in a federal prison! Sheez! :D

It didn't work out too badly for him last time he spouted off.

1470677[/snapback]

Sure the Steelers won, but Porter was pretty much invisible. Owned by Jones pretty much like Stevens said he would be.

Edited by NoSupe4You

Doesn't matter as Bush probably won't give Porter the time of day to begin with. He's a selfish, soulless goon whose never cared much about what anyone thinks anyways. Still this could get very interesting. I like the PPV idea...

Edited by Crazysight

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5608636

When will the guy learn to keep his trap shut??  :D

As he showed during Super Bowl week last February, Steelers linebacker Joey Porter isn't afraid to speak his mind. And apparently, that extends to the president of the United States.

According to a report in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Porter has a bone to pick with President George W. Bush when the Super Bowl champion Steelers visit the White House on June 2.

Joey Porter has never been one to remain quiet. (Andy Lyons / Getty Images)

"Yeah, I got something to say to Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

You may recall, Porter's comments during the days leading up to Super Bowl XL were the most inflammatory of the week. Porter directed most of his ire toward Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens, blowing Stevens' "guarantee" of a Super Bowl win way out of proportion.

"I don't think he is worth enough to talk like that," Porter said. "Personally, I think he is soft. That's just me. This is his fourth year in the league and you have never heard anything about him until right now. He is just starting to play.

"He was a first-rounder. You aren't too good if you are a first-rounder and you barely play for four years, and that is just my opinion. If you are a first-rounder, you are supposed to come in and play immediately. You are barely getting on the field in your fourth year? And he got on because somebody got hurt so I don't respect his game or anything he talked about."

President Bush isn't the only chief that Porter has a few words for these days.

Porter also took issue with Pittsburgh head coach Bill Cowher, who has repeatedly said that he doesn't believe the Steelers were the best team in the NFL last season, even though they won the Super Bowl.

"Everybody looks at it different, but that's not how I look at it," Porter said. "I feel like we definitely was the best football team.

"(Cowher) probably has a different outlook than I do. That's just my point of view on how I feel. But he's the head coach, he looks at it a whole different way. He breaks down film different ways than I break it down."

1470639[/snapback]

Porter is all MOUTH. Where was he during the Super Bowl? Nowhere to be found. His better days are behind him! We've all met guys like him .... they run their mouth but are nowhere to be found when the action starts. Go away Joey Porter!! You're done!! :D

Porter is all MOUTH. Where was he during the Super Bowl? Nowhere to be found. His better days are behind him! We've all met guys like him .... they run their mouth but are nowhere to be found when the action starts. Go away Joey Porter!! You're done!! :D

1471171[/snapback]

Really ? You might want to ask the Colts if he is done ? Two sacks in a row a that would have sealed the game before the Bettis fumble........ or the Broncos.

I've said time and time again, Porter is my least favorite Steeler starter. He shoots his mouth off time and time again, and is the only one on this team that seems to do so. I prefer the guys who just shut their mouth and play football. However, to say that Porter is finished after the season and playoff run he had is ridiculous and shows that you know little of what you speak. Very few guys showed up big-time in the Super Bowl, from either team.

What did he do in the Super Bowl??  ::D All talk ..... no game!

1471173[/snapback]

Won a ring and held the Lombardi trophy.

Before you use one game to judge him, take a look at the entire season. Shaun Alexander, Troy Polamalu, & Ben Roethlisberger didn't have good Super Bowl performances either, are they done too ?

Porter is an a$$hat, but, he played incredibly in the playoff run to get to the Super Bowl. There is no denying that.

Edited by Menudo

Sure the Steelers won, but Porter was pretty much invisible.  Owned by Jones pretty much like Stevens said he would be.

1471026[/snapback]

Stevens didn't say anything about Porter being owned by Jones.... Why do people just make stuff up ? Here is what transpired:

1. Stevens said something along the lines of that the Bettis story was a nice

one, but it is too bad that it isn't going to end well.

2. Porter jumped all over Stevens, saying that he was not an elite enough player

to open his mouth.

3. Stevens, showed some class and stopped talking.

4. Porter continued to be an a$$hat and rip Stevens to death.

5. Stevens choked as bad as any receiver I've ever seen with about 5 drops.

6. Porter did very little in the Super Bowl.

7. The Steelers were victorious.

Hmmm, and people wonder why he got stabbed?

1471511[/snapback]

:D I love when people just spout off misinformation.

He wasn't stabbed. He was hit in the butt with a stray bullet while leaving a club.

Like I said, the guy is not one of my favorites, but, please, don't just make things up.

thats right he got shot, it was someone from the colts who got stabbed. 

I am sure that the "stray bullet" wasn't aimed at him or his fat mouth  :D

1471522[/snapback]

Yes, I'm sure you know more about the situation than the eyewitnesses that were there and reported on it. :D

You don't like Porter, WE GET IT....... he does enough himself to tarnish his image, you really don't need to go around making things up and posting your assumptions.

Edited by Menudo

Didn't make anything up, I made a mistake which you so kindly corrected me on. And my comment on him getting shot was merely a representation of my opinion that Porter is a loud mouth thug.

Go spout your Pittsburgh fanaticism somewhere else.

edit to add prediction on menudo's comeback: we have 5 you have none blah blah blah, we are current world champs blah blah blah :D just messing with you man.

Edited by wcd480

Didn't make anything up, I made a mistake which you so kindly corrected me on.  And my comment on him getting shot was merely a representation of my opinion that Porter is a loud mouth thug. 

Go spout your Pittsburgh fanaticism somewhere else.

edit to add prediction on menudo's comeback:  we have 5 you have none blah blah blah, we are current world champs blah blah blah   :D   just messing with you man.

1471548[/snapback]

It's all good..... I don't care for Porter much either.

P.S. Oh yeah, "We've got five, and you ain't got none !" :D

Edited by Menudo

Doesn't matter as Bush probably won't give Porter the time of day to begin with.  He's a selfish, soulless goon whose never cared much about what anyone thinks anyways.  Still this could get very interesting.  I like the PPV idea...

1471162[/snapback]

Bush or Porter? :D