[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C-Pep

theeohiostate

You are reffering to a horribly coached Buffalo team. Im GLAD we lost that game, no matter HOW embarrasing. It got us a higher draft pick and got us who we wanted.

1474383[/snapback]

Well, yes - I was hinting at that, as well as our 6 game winning streak to close the season. Win or lose, this is not a team that will throw in the towel

Well, yes - I was hinting at that, as well as our 6 game winning streak to close the season.  Win or lose, this is not a team that will throw in the towel

1474886[/snapback]

Im sure they wont throw in the towel. Saban wont allow that, and hopefully Jauron wont be like the pathetic excuses for coaches we ha last year and do the same.

Heres to a rivalry in the making...

:D

Im sure they wont throw in the towel. Saban wont allow that, and hopefully Jauron wont be like the pathetic excuses for coaches we ha last year and do the same.

Heres to a rivalry in the making...

:D

1474969[/snapback]

Anybody but the pats my brother :D

Yeah, and the Lions are gonna be good this year, right? Because you've been saying that for years too.

His career completion % is better than Peyton Manning. He threw for 4700 yards, 39 TD's and 11 INT's in '04. Aside from the fact that he was the Vikes QB that's thrown a beating into your Lions for the past 7 years, what makes him terrible? Does he fumble? Yes. Does he make mental mistakes? Yes. Is he a "terrible" QB? Not even close.

1474130[/snapback]

What's his career winning percentage? How does he look in the playoffs? All these years where he's thrown for a gazillion yards and TDs, remind me again how good those Vikings teams were?

Here is the truth: Duante Culpepper's greatest achievement as a quarterback is leading his team to a 41-0 embarassment in the NFC Championship game. That is the high water mark of his career, and always will be. Anyone who thinks Duante is a great quarterback has Fantasy Football on the brain, because it's only in fantasy that Daunte can win a championship.

Peace

policy

What's his career winning percentage?  How does he look in the playoffs?  All these years where he's thrown for a gazillion yards and TDs, remind me again how good those Vikings teams were?

Here is the truth: Duante Culpepper's greatest achievement as a quarterback is leading his team to a 41-0 embarassment in the NFC Championship game.  That is the high water mark of his career, and always will be.  Anyone who thinks Duante is a great quarterback has Fantasy Football on the brain, because it's only in fantasy that Daunte can win a championship.

Peace

policy

1476685[/snapback]

Four words...

Mike Tice

Nick Saban

40 wins and 41 losses, on a team that was poorly coached for part of his tenure and on a team that had no defense for most that time as well. I don't think Daunte's a great QB, I think he made a lot of mistakes, I think he made poor decisions, his fumbling was terrible, but the stats don't lie, even if you'd like them to. He put up big numbers, and played well for the most part. You called him a terrible QB, you're not even close, you're just a bitter fan of a division rival. :D

What's his career winning percentage?  How does he look in the playoffs?  All these years where he's thrown for a gazillion yards and TDs, remind me again how good those __________ teams were?

1476685[/snapback]

Are you talking about C Pep & the Vikings or Manning & the Colts?

Take the name out & from your post, it could be either one. :D

Are you talking about C Pep & the Vikings or Manning & the Colts?

Take the name out & from your post, it could be either one. :D

1476834[/snapback]

At least Peyton wins games. The Colts choke in the playoffs, but they were going 13-3 while the Vikes were going 8-8.

Peace

policy

He's not a pocket QB. He's a mobile QB that made a living scrambling. He needs his knee as much as an RB does, so I'd disagree with your assessment.

1473320[/snapback]

exactly...

Palmer needs his knee to an extent, but can still be effective at less than 100%...

Culpeppers game is moving around...

How many years was he under Denny?  And is Denny a players coach or closer to a coach like Nick Satan?

1482658[/snapback]

3 years...

Denny drafed him in 99 and C-Pep sat on the bench that first year and did not even take a snap. His 2nd year in the league (00-01), Culpepper took them to the NFC championship game. The next year, ( Denny had a losing season and was fired after the season, so basically 3 years. Some say he was too much of a players coach, because he could not control Moss, Carter and Culpepper. I don't enough enough about Saban to compare him with Denny.

40 wins and 41 losses, on a team that was poorly coached for part of his tenure and on a team that had no defense for most that time as well. I don't think Daunte's a great QB, I think he made a lot of mistakes, I think he made poor decisions, his fumbling was terrible, but the stats don't lie, even if you'd like them to. He put up big numbers, and played well for the most part. You called him a terrible QB, you're not even close, you're just a bitter fan of a division rival.  :D

1476734[/snapback]

The key is looking at the teams record in games where Culpepper did not play during his tenure there...the Vikes did not miss him at all.