[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never realized Ward was this vocal.

irish

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta admit, menudo, if this was T.O. who said this stuff, people here would say, "well, just another example of a spolied, a-hole athlete." i've always liked hines a lot, but he DOES come off as a kind of a dink in these quotes.

1473186[/snapback]

When will you learn that no matter what they do, Menudo will defend it. Nothing like a homer, but at least he can bask in his glory this year.

Of course not, but it's fun to see Menudo come rushing in, cape a-blazing, to protect his hero. :D

1473857[/snapback]

Make up your mind, is it Ben or Hines that is my hero ?

When will you learn that no matter what they do, Menudo will defend it.  Nothing like a homer, but at least he can bask in his glory this year.

1473904[/snapback]

That's funny, I could of sworn that there were other threads on the front page where I called Joey Porter an A$$HAT....... people only see what they want to see.

the only quote that sucks a little is the one about holmes. well, the old one about cowher too but that's old news. pulling the "i'm not going to go out of my way" junk to the media is pretty cheap. you can say he's "leaving the door open" or whatever, and that's certainly true...but you can't escape the fact that the basic tone of the comment is selfish and dismissive, and not putting the team first. there are a lot of ways he could have said basically the same thing without sounding like a dick.

the only quote that sucks a little is the one about holmes.  well, the old one about cowher too but that's old news.  pulling the "i'm not going to go out of my way" junk to the media is pretty cheap.  you can say he's "leaving the door open" or whatever, and that's certainly true...but you can't escape the fact that the basic tone of the comment is selfish and dismissive, and not putting the team first.  there are a lot of ways he could have said basically the same thing without sounding like a dick.

1473942[/snapback]

I actually agree.....he didn't word it very well. In the complete article he talks of how Plaxico & Edwards didn't want his help when he offered it. I don't think he should make Holmes suffer because of what those two guys did. All reports are that Holmes is a smart, hard-working football player, which already makes him MUCH different than Burress and Edwards. I think Hines is happy to help, but, you're right, he should have worded it differently.

Dunno, you tell me. I'd assume that your behind is big enough to accomodate them both. :D

1473952[/snapback]

You'd think after 4 years, you'd get bored of this garbage.... ::D

the only quote that sucks a little is the one about holmes.  well, the old one about cowher too but that's old news.  pulling the "i'm not going to go out of my way" junk to the media is pretty cheap.  you can say he's "leaving the door open" or whatever, and that's certainly true...but you can't escape the fact that the basic tone of the comment is selfish and dismissive, and not putting the team first.  there are a lot of ways he could have said basically the same thing without sounding like a dick.

1473942[/snapback]

Well put Az. He should've said "As a veteran of the team, my door is open to help anyone that wants it." That still shows he'll help out but that he doesn't have to force his help on someone who doesn't want it. He was probably just tired from flying back and forth to Korea and was grumpy.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. :D

1473962[/snapback]

I seem to have forgotten when I started following around all of your posts, only to come back with the same comments over and over and over and over again..............::D

So does anyone here think we will ever see such selfish WR that doesn't care about his teammates win an MVP in a superbowl given to such an underseving team caused by such horrendously bad officiating when the losing team was acutally the far superior team on the field? :D

That's funny, I could of sworn that there were other threads on the front page where I called Joey Porter an A$$HAT....... people only see what they want to see.

1473920[/snapback]

You are right, you did. But you must admit you are a blind homer MOST of the time.

You are right, you did.  But you must admit you are a blind homer MOST of the time.

1474340[/snapback]

Not sure that I'm blind.....I talk a lot about the Steelers, I love the Steelers, I predict good things out of them, and they usually do good things............. :D Last year I predicted them to win a Super Bowl :D

Hines problem is that he came to Korea after the Super Bowl and they treated him like a returning hero. Keys to the city personal meeting with the president etc.

Perhaps he got a little carried away afterwards.

He's still one of the best players in the NFL.

:D

:D

1476675[/snapback]

Watch the Colts game again, and I'll guarantee he was going 100% every play.

:D Your bitterness is showing.

Steelers :D Colts........... still stings doesn't it.

If you really want to question what I said about Ward, listen to ANY broadcaster during one of their games, and ANY coach that is asked about Ward.

Edited by Menudo

Menudo...

I like Ward. I think he is a great player and a class act... but you need to face reality.

"I don't have anything to say to him. After what he did to me, after how he treated me."

Earlier I posted...

If you are an accountant at your office and your boss hires another accountant, without giving you a pay decrease... saying, 'I have nothing to say to him. After what he did to me, after he treated me' is kinda silly....

Can you deny ... and I realize that this was an older statement... that he was being an sombrero above?

Menudo...

I like Ward.  I think he is a great player and a class act... but you need to face reality.

Earlier I posted...

Can you deny ... and I realize that this was an older statement... that he was being an sombrero above?

1476759[/snapback]

You're wasting your time. Go make the Wench a sammich. :D

Menudo...

I like Ward.  I think he is a great player and a class act... but you need to face reality.

Earlier I posted...

1476759[/snapback]

Sorry, no, I don't deny it. I understand how he felt, but, he was absolutely WRONG with that statement.