[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domanick Davis - ongoing knee problems

Big Score 1

The Saints have a very good RB coming off a knee injury too.  They didn't need a RB as badly as other positions.  But they were smart enough to realize a guy like Bush does not come along all that often.

And since when did Dom tear an ACL?  I've seen that suggested a couple times now.  If it's true, the Texans are even more flippin' retarded than I thought.

1474786[/snapback]

There are instances where backs have come back from an ACL and have been just a shadow of what they once were. There were also backs that came back and didn't really miss a step. "Edge" comes to mind.

There were rooks coming out of college that looked to be great in their respective positions rb, wr or whatever that were busts. Some that really took off. I would think it's a little too early to call and, I wouldn't just go annointing anyone to greatness that has not played a down in the NFL. Don't forget, his counterpart in that offence had similar #'s and isn't supposed to be half the back he is. All I'm saying here is, you really need to give it time before you say the Texans made a mistake.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then you draft Bush and I'll draft Davis

1474838[/snapback]

I was speaking NFL, not fantasy, but regardless, sounds good to me. :D
.....let's see who wins every day of the week and twice on Sunday! :D

1474838[/snapback]

Maybe this year you do (if DD finally makes it through a season :D ), but not for the long haul. :D

They'll let Wells walk, since they recently signed Antowain Smith, and still have Morency, tehier #2 pick from last year, in the wings.

1473793[/snapback]

Wrong. Morency was a 3rd-rounder.

They also drafted Walli Lundy in the 4th round.

1473830[/snapback]

Wrong. Lundy was a 6th-rounder.

The Saints have a very good RB coming off a knee injury too.  They didn't need a RB as badly as other positions.  But they were smart enough to realize a guy like Bush does not come along all that often.

1474786[/snapback]

Something tells me if the Texans already had Will Smith and Charles Grant as their starting DEs, they would have taken Bush. :D

1474786[/snapback]

Something tells me if the Texans already had Will Smith and Charles Grant as their starting DEs, they would have taken Bush. :D

1475150[/snapback]

But that's exactly Hook's point Swiss.

Same as Houston, the Saints had far greater needs in areas other than the RB positions, which was already secured by McAllister, Aaron Stecker, Fred McAfee & FA acquistion M. Bennett, yet they still took Bush.

Time will tell which team made the right call.

Look at every rookie draft so far. I know it is fantasy VS football, but Bush is the most versatile and explosive back I've ever seen...

1474858[/snapback]

Bush is exciting to watch, no doubt... but to anoint him "the most versatile and explosive back" EVER is a bit of a stretch, I think. And it seems to me that if everyone in the NFL had thought that, Houston would have received a better offer to trade down, which they apparently were open to doing (and which would have made good sense for them since they have so many holes). :D

Houston would have received a better offer to trade down, which they apparently were open to doing

1475556[/snapback]

Many reports said the Texans had set a very unrealistic price for the #1 pick.

GM's have learned from the Herschel Walker & Ricky Williams trades.

But that's exactly Hook's point Swiss.

Same as Houston, the Saints had far greater needs in areas other than the RB positions, which was already secured by McAllister, Aaron Stecker, Fred McAfee & FA acquistion M. Bennett, yet they still took Bush.

Time will tell which team made the right call.

1475539[/snapback]

I don't see how that's exactly Hook's point. :D

There were two players who various teams had ranked #1 on their boards -- Bush and Williams. To me, that means they both have equal "hypothetical talent." The Texans considered both as equals, as well, and took the player they needed more.

The Saints were in an entirely different situation. Of those two players, only ONE of them was still on the board. They didn't exactly have to "choose" anything. It was a no-brainer pick, so it's silly to praise the Saints for making it.

There were two players who various teams had ranked #1 on their boards -- Bush and Williams. To me, that means they both have equal "hypothetical talent." The Texans considered both as equals, as well, and took the player they needed more.

The Saints were in an entirely different situation. Of those two players, only ONE of them was still on the board. They didn't exactly have to "choose" anything. It was a no-brainer pick, so it's silly to praise the Saints for making it.

1475638[/snapback]

well you're assuming the saints had mario and bush 1 and 2 on their board. they didn't, they woulda passed on mario. they had bush, and a player at a position of tremendous need for them (hawk), just like the texans did. so they essentially faced the exact same dilemma the texans did, just as BC said.

Edited by Azazello1313

well you're assuming the saints had mario and bush 1 and 2 on their board.  they didn't, they woulda passed on mario.  they had bush, and a player at a position of tremendous need for them (hawk), just like the texans did.  so they essentially faced the exact same dilemma the texans did, just as BC said.

1475667[/snapback]

Exactly :D

Bush is exciting to watch, no doubt... but to anoint him "the most versatile and explosive back" EVER is a bit of a stretch, I think.  And it seems to me that if everyone in the NFL had thought that, Houston would have received a better offer to trade down, which they apparently were open to doing (and which would have made good sense for them since they have so many holes). :D

1475556[/snapback]

I said he's the most explosive and versatile I've seen. I have seen OJ and Gale Sayers but Buh beats them in versatility because he is such a great receiver. He's like Marshall with the added advantage of returning kicks.

I wouldn't use him often as a returner but putting him in to help seal a game would be tempting.

An offer to trade down 2 spots because of the chart would have cost the Jets a 2nd and 3rd round choice. Too expensive imo.

1475638[/snapback]

Where do you think Hawk was on their board? I would guess #3 and another good pick potentially. Of course I am glad they didn't select him as he seems a perfect for for Green Bay.

well you're assuming the saints had mario and bush 1 and 2 on their board.  they didn't, they woulda passed on mario.  they had bush, and a player at a position of tremendous need for them (hawk), just like the texans did.  so they essentially faced the exact same dilemma the texans did, just as BC said.

1475667[/snapback]

:D

1475837[/snapback]

NFL teams don't put up their draft boards for public scrutiny Menudo, so your request for a link is impossible.

However, I heard / read several of the drafts talking heads, project Hawk as a Saints pick, with their crying need for LB help.

NFL teams don't put up their draft boards for public scrutiny Menudo, so your request for a link is impossible.

However, I heard / read several of the drafts talking heads, project Hawk as a Saints pick, with their crying need for LB help.

1475850[/snapback]

Well, unless I read/see/hear some solid evidence, sorry to say, but, it is just rumor. My guess is no one knows what the Texans and/or Saints board looked like other than those involved with those organizations.

Well, unless I read/see/hear some solid evidence, sorry to say, but, it is just rumor.

1475868[/snapback]

Then you will just have to be content with the rumors, because short of being in the organizations themselves, you will never see their draft boards.

1475837[/snapback]

here's one snippet i saw (requires login), from a pretty reliable reporter in len pasquarelli...

There were suspicions in the weeks leading up to the draft that the New Orleans Saints, with the second overall pick, had Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk, and not end Mario Williams of North Carolina State, as the top-rated defensive player on their board. In fact, that scenario was reported in the Tip Sheet two weeks before the draft. But those same suspicions held that, if Houston chose tailback Bush with the first pick, the Saints might be reluctant to snatch a linebacker at No. 2. The point became moot, of course, when the Texans chose Williams, leaving Bush, the highest-rated player overall on New Orleans' board, for the stunned Saints to grab.

But in the aftermath, kudos to the Saints, who planned to follow their board and their instincts had Bush gone first. Under that scenario, the Saints would, indeed, have taken Hawk, not Williams. The Saints used first-round choices on ends Charles Grant (2002) and Will Smith (2004), but that's not why they would have shied away from Williams. They simply had Hawk rated as the superior prospect, that's all.

1475837[/snapback]

here's one snippet i saw (requires login), from a pretty reliable reporter in len pasquarelli...

1475893[/snapback]

There were suspicions in the weeks leading up to the draft that the New Orleans Saints, with the second overall pick, had Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk, and not end Mario Williams of North Carolina State, as the top-rated defensive player on their board. In fact, that scenario was reported in the Tip Sheet two weeks before the draft. But those same suspicions held that, if Houston chose tailback Bush with the first pick, the Saints might be reluctant to snatch a linebacker at No. 2. The point became moot, of course, when the Texans chose Williams, leaving Bush, the highest-rated player overall on New Orleans' board, for the stunned Saints to grab.

But in the aftermath, kudos to the Saints, who planned to follow their board and their instincts had Bush gone first. Under that scenario, the Saints would, indeed, have taken Hawk, not Williams. The Saints used first-round choices on ends Charles Grant (2002) and Will Smith (2004), but that's not why they would have shied away from Williams. They simply had Hawk rated as the superior prospect, that's all.

Forget it Az.

As it's not the Saints actual draft board, that's only qualifies as a rumor.

Well, unless I read/see/hear some solid evidence, sorry to say, but, it is just rumor.  My guess is no one knows what the Texans and/or Saints board looked like other than those involved with those organizations.

1475868[/snapback]

Information often gets to reporters but most of the public doesn't care after the draft is over, many teams don't anymore either. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

Forget it Az.

As it's not the Saints actual draft board, that's only qualifies as a rumor.

1475952[/snapback]

No, that was a solid quote, as I like Pasquerelli......... I really don't care too much. I'm a Dom Davis owner, so, I am happy.

1475667[/snapback]

Huh? Seriously, Az -- I remember a time when your counterarguments were much more sensical.

The TEXANS had Bush and Williams rated equally, talent-wise. I've read that a lot of other teams did, as well (and that several teams had Williams ahead of Bush). So, with two players rated EQUALLY, they had a real decision to make. They chose the player at a position of greater need.

The SAINTS, on the other hand, did not have ANY player rated equally with Bush. I never said they did. I never "assumed" Bush and Williams were number 1 and 2 on their board. Where the hell did you get that notion? My point was that there's no reason to praise the Saints for taking the #1 player on their board at the #2 slot.

For YOUR assumption about my assumed assumption (:D) to work out, you'd have to believe that the SAINTS had Bush and Hawk rated equally -- just like the Texans did with Bush and Williams. Of course, you wouldn't be so nonsensical to suggest THAT.

1475150[/snapback]

I would agree to this.

Huh? Seriously, Az -- I remember a time when your counterarguments were much more sensical.

The TEXANS had Bush and Williams rated equally, talent-wise. I've read that a lot of other teams did, as well (and that several teams had Williams ahead of Bush). So, with two players rated EQUALLY, they had a real decision to make. They chose the player at a position of greater need.

The SAINTS, on the other hand, did not have ANY player rated equally with Bush. I never said they did. I never "assumed" Bush and Williams were number 1 and 2 on their board. Where the hell did you get that notion? My point was that there's no reason to praise the Saints for taking the #1 player on their board at the #2 slot.

For YOUR assumption about my assumed assumption (:D) to work out, you'd have to believe that the SAINTS had Bush and Hawk rated equally -- just like the Texans did with Bush and Williams. Of course, you wouldn't be so nonsensical to suggest THAT.

1476547[/snapback]

Just had to say this.......

Assume......... Broken down.......

A$$ out of U and ME