[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets talk about....

peepinmofo

He's 17-30 for a total of 148 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in 2 seasons for the Bolts. He's certainly not another Ryan Leaf, IMO.

Projections? I don't know, probably about the same as what Brees did.

Edited by darin3

As a diehard Chargers fan, I can say this much - He won't be my QB1 in FF this year.  And the only way I'd want him as my QB2 is if I have a healthy stud at QB1 (Peyton, Brady).  Rookie QB's don't put up FFL stats.

1479149[/snapback]

Diehard Chargers fan? Then I assume you mean "first year QB", not "rookie QB".

As a diehard Chargers fan, I can say this much - He won't be my QB1 in FF this year.  And the only way I'd want him as my QB2 is if I have a healthy stud at QB1 (Peyton, Brady).  Rookie QB's don't put up FFL stats.

1479149[/snapback]

What about in the future? Is he seen as another potential great QB? Or does he appear mediocre at best?

I think this year you have to be happy with understanding he is a rook(in reality) and let him develop. I do think the fact that he has had sometime to slowly get his feet wet in the NFL behind Brees will show and his numbers should be slightly better than expected. I also think people forget how well thought of this kid was coming out of NC. STATE. Phillip Rivers does have the tools to be successful.

1. He has good size and and is good in the pocket.

2. He has above average arm and makes good decisions.

3. The man competes and has that grit that I like in a player. (nice guy who can take it outside if needed) he's a fighter.

4. Good decision maker and is not a great runner but good enough to buy just enough time to find a open man.

The one thing I have not liked is the way he delivers the ball, kinda like a windup and sidearm feel. I just think he will have to get rid of the ball little sooner.

The speed of a real game rush will be his big problem this year.

In Conclusion Rivers has a QB rating in the mid to higher 20's anything lower than top 20 would be a super year. I like him in dynasty but not for at least 1 to 2 years at the earliest...and wow I think this effects LT"S numbers alot.

Edited by sacosud

What about in the future? Is he seen as another potential great QB? Or does he appear mediocre at best?

1479184[/snapback]

Spielman on NFL Live, ex-Dolphin GM said he doesn't like his throwing motion and and didn't predict much for him.

Spielman on NFL Live, ex-Dolphin GM said he doesn't like his throwing motion and and didn't predict much for him.

1479256[/snapback]

Well..the guy is a FORMER GM..that pretty much says it all. I think he's a decent guy , but he just sucked as GM. The whole AJ decision killed him.

I see Marty trying to do with Rivers what Cowher did with Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh, that is, provide him with good protection, use the running game and shorter passes to the TE and receivers, and coach Rivers on how not to lose games while developing his skills.

IMHO, Rivers passes for 2400 yards, has 17 TD passes and 10 picks, completes 55-60% of his passes, and has an overall rating in the high 80's to low 90's. :D

I'll have to watch him this year to really give a feel, but as an NC State Alumni, I watched him for 4 years-the kid is QB saavy and fiery competitor, coaches son, father before he left school-married to his HS sweetheart-very, very grounded. I've said it before and I'll say it again-Brees will be a distant memory. This kid is a winner and he will succeed in SD-Peace PD.

whatever, what a joke. Rivers padded his stats at NC State agaist the sorry sack of biscuitsS non-conference schedule that Chuck Tomato insisted on bringing in.

He couldn't beat UNC in college and wouldn't have beat FSU is McPherson hadn't been on the take.

NC State fans are just losers who enjoyed watching thier boy pad his stats instead of getting somebody else in for some snaps, but you redneck farmer boys are paying the price now

GO TARHEELS!

Edited by patsfan22

whatever, what a joke.  Rivers padded his stats at NC State agaist the sorry sack of biscuitsS non-conference schedule that Chuck Tomato insisted on bringing in.

He couldn't beat UNC in college and wouldn't have beat FSU is McPherson hadn't been on the take.

NC State fans are just losers who enjoyed watching thier boy pad his stats instead of getting somebody else in for some snaps, but you redneck farmer boys are paying the price now

GO TARHEELS!

1480483[/snapback]

Who the hell is this fuggin noob??? Your stereotypes are as lacking as your IQ, and put the alcohol down son-you+alcohol=instant azzhole.

Who the hell is this fuggin noob??? Your stereotypes are as lacking as your IQ, and put the alcohol down son-you+alcohol=instant azzhole.

1480485[/snapback]

He obviously doesnt know who hes muckin with...Go get em PD!! :D

Hes a pats fan anyway....I got yer back! haha

I'll have to watch him this year to really give a feel, but as an NC State Alumni, I watched him for 4 years-the kid is QB saavy and fiery competitor, coaches son, father before he left school-married to his HS sweetheart-very, very grounded. I've said it before and I'll say it again-Brees will be a distant memory. This kid is a winner and he will succeed in SD-Peace PD.

1480464[/snapback]

As a die-hard Chargers fan, I hope you're right!!! :D

I see Marty trying to do with Rivers what Cowher did with Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh, that is, provide him with good protection, use the running game and shorter passes to the TE and receivers, and coach Rivers on how not to lose games while developing his skills.

IMHO, Rivers passes for 2400 yards, has 17 TD passes and 10 picks, completes 55-60% of his passes, and has an overall rating in the high 80's to low 90's. :D

1479283[/snapback]

How are you going to put up those stats and get a rating in the low 90's? :D

My hopes are that Rivers does as well as Carson Palmer did after sitting one year. Palmer started slowly but came on late in the year and took off from there. No one should expect Rivers to lead the team to the playoffs. I don't believe the O-line is good enough to expect that much from a first-time starter.

You gotta have faith that A.J. knew what he was doing when he traded for him. And Marty had said that Rivers was his choice as well.

To expect Rivers to pick up where Brees left off is rediculous. It took Brees until his fourth year to do what he did. And before that he looked pretty much aweful much of the time. Tthere's a reason why SD decided to draft a QB when they did.

Assuming no injuries, it's completely reasonable to think that Rivers will:

Average 175-225 yards passing / game

Average 1.0 - 1.25 TDs / game

Average 0.75 - 1.25 INTs / game

...therefore...

2800 - 3600 yards

16 - 20 TDs

12 - 20 INTs

...yes, I know it's a pretty big range, but, I think it paints his upside (3600 / 20 / 12) and downside (2800 / 16 / 20) pretty accurately...

He's unproven, and as such I will be overly cautious about drafting him. He'd have to fall pretty far in order for me to take a flyer on him. I think other owners will scoop him up before that happens.