[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football Magazines

YoungBob

yyup

1484903[/snapback]

I buy the same 2 each year, as sky said, pretty much as reference: the Huddle Handbook, & the one I first started with that is pretty useless except for deeper player info. I basically buy it for old times sake :D.

Edited by Bonehand

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always encourage my leaguemates in my local leagues to buy as many magazines as possible so they can have alot of up to date info and analysis... :D

1481186[/snapback]

Bingo!! I have no problem spending a few bucks on the earliest mag I can find, abusing it in the bathroom, and convieniently leaving it on the table at draft day.

I see what you are saying Keg, but at the same time I get the point that I think YB is trying to articulate: that ANY time spent thinking about FF that your opponent doesn't is a potential advantage.

1484857[/snapback]

Bonehand...thank you for being able to capture in one sentence what I have failed to get accross in multiple posts. I feel any time I spend reading about or researching FF in advance of my competition provides me with an advantage. While I agree sites like The Huddle offer some of the best information, I do enjoy plunking down a few bucks for a magazine here and there. It's not as current...but it is one of my favorite topics about which to read.

I still buy a magazine or two, but not for any reason mentioned so far. I know half my local guys show up at the draft with the Index under their arm. Well, it's fully to my benefit to know what's in that magazine, and what their draft lists look like. Example: 1995(or96?), I had been following the RB situation in Denver closely, and three days before our draft had read in, I think, the USA today, that they were going with Terell Davis as the starter. Well, in the Index, they had Rod Bernstein listed as a top 20 or so back, and he went in my local in the 4th or 5th round, and I got TD with my last pick in the entire draft, and got laughed out of the building.....well, until week 4 or so when I was undefeated. Point is, if you know how everyone else in your league values players, it makes it easy to when to let a guy slide, and not over pay for him earlier than you need to.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

Other than the Handbook, the only one I always buy is Fantasy Football Index and mainly just because I have every one going back to 1994.

Other than the Handbook, the only one I always buy is Fantasy Football Index and mainly just because I have every one going back to 1994.

1485163[/snapback]

Just curious, who were the top rated players at each position that year?

This may or may not have happened to any of you guys, in past years when I'd buy the mags and read them cover to cover and then use the updated internet info at times it complicated things. For instance, if a mag thought highly of a guy before a situation was played out in my mind I'd have him ranked highly and if there was still confusion as to who the starting RB was for a certain team when the draft came around, the info in the mag would always resurface and cloud current info for some reason. :D

Bonehand...thank you for being able to capture in one sentence what I have failed to get accross in multiple posts.  I feel any time I spend reading about or researching FF in advance of my competition provides me with an advantage.  While I agree sites like The Huddle offer some of the best information, I do enjoy plunking down a few bucks for a magazine here and there.  It's not as current...but it is one of my favorite topics about which to read.

1485077[/snapback]

:D

Yeah you are really ahead of the game studying out-dated data. If you start now you could probably start with the 1994 magazines and work your way up to this year's ... think how much information you'd have and how far ahead you'd be in the game.

I've clipped intersting articles from magazines throughout the years and re-read them before my draft each year. I haven't purchased one in a couple of years but for a few bucks buy your magazine if you want. I still use a schedule I clipped 12 years ago. Maybe he will find something he can use for the next 10 years.

A lot of the strageties still hold true and to revisit them keeps you focused on your plan.

The day the Huddle came on line I quit buying magazines.

I bought the Huddle mag pretty much as an almanac and research tool. Other than that haven't bought a mag in years and years.

1484900[/snapback]

"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone"! +2!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D