[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk about Donivan McNappy

For years I've said McNappy is over-rated. This year, I think he may be a little under-rated. People seem to have forgotten that he was a top 3 QB the two years before he got TO. I think that he may be a steal in the mid rounds.

It depends on the scoring system you use, but the "Huddle Standard" has McNabb as #3 with TO in 2004 but then:

2003 - 13th

2002 - 11th

2001 - 8th

2000 - 5th

In 2000, he ranked so high because he also had 629 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns. He does not run anywhere near that much anymore, much less coming off an injury.

In 2001, he had 3233/25 TD passing and 482 rushing with 2 more TDs.

But without TO, he has really only been a marginal FF QB who in his best season was 5th - or about average in a league of 12. Without TO, he has never thrown for more than 3365 yards in a season.

Who are your top 5, if we can get a slight preview.

1482065[/snapback]

I am still wrapping up "the process" as it were.

Manning = 1

then a grouping led by Mr. AllWorld, "the other one", "No relation to Arnold" and then Tim's brother.

But it is hardly finalized quite yet.

Manning = 1

then a grouping led by Mr. AllWorld, "the other one", "No relation to Arnold" and then Tim's brother.

1482095[/snapback]

:D Brady and Hasselbeck? Good choices. I was curious about your top 5.

I think McNabb can be a top 10 quarterback this year. He was solid before Owens and many expect Reggie Brown to take into his own this year. He is better than any of the other receivers the Eagles have had besides Owens. I love him to death but I still wouldn't take a quarterback as early as I have seen McNabb being taken in some mock drafts lately.

Manning = 1

1482095[/snapback]

So, your off the cusp five is...

1-PManning

2-Brady

3-EManning

4-Palmer

5-Hasselbeck

:D

I did not say that. Not actually.

1482219[/snapback]

When compiling your rankings, lets not forget about that QB that single handedly gave the Longhorns their first national championship in 30 years... :D

When compiling your rankings, lets not forget about that QB that single handedly gave the Longhorns their first national championship in 30 years... :D

1482254[/snapback]

You mean the guy running the option? :D

1482254[/snapback]

Oh yes, he is definitely there.

May have to scroll a bit to get there, but he is definitely there.

So, your off the cusp five is...

1-PManning

2-Brady

3-EManning

4-Palmer

5-Hasselbeck

1482198[/snapback]

I like all of this except Hasselbeck...

McNabb can be justified as a top 5....

he's slimmed down tremendously and I think he'll run more if he has to.....he has more to prove this year than any other year....period...

he has to shut up the black community that has turned against him (lmao) and the philly fans who question him now....

McNabb at 5th here instead of Hass is about right...IMO, of course..

i wouldn't touch McNabb. he doesn't run anymore and he no longer has a legitimate #1 WR. the teams in the NFC East have gotten better as well. i think his upside is 25 TDs at best. that's not bad if he gets that many but i'd rather gamble on some guys who'll be available at a lesser price.

McNabb is now one dimensional and he has no big-play threat at WR. So what makes him a better prospect than 15 other QBs out there?

I posted a responce to the C. Palmer thred, but these rankings are the same 5 as mine, only you have Hass and Eli flip-flopped.

Without a true, big play target (and Burress isn't it), Eli is no better than 5-6. And his time is running out the having a RB (Barber) who can open up the pass, so even though he is young, and many have him ranked especially high for dynasty leagues, the NYG better get a future stud RB to tote the rock, the way James has for Manning, and the way Alexander does for Hass.

I too have Palmer #4, but only because I wonder if he will be the same QB, even when "healthy".

I have McNabb as #8, behind the five mentioned here, and Bulger & Delhomme.

My top 10:

Peyton

Brady

Hass

Palmer

Eli

Bulger

Delhomme

McNabb

Vick

Culpepper

No offense intended Mssrs. Brees, Roethlisberger, Bledsoe, Green and Warner.

I posted a responce to the C. Palmer thred, but these rankings are the same 5 as mine, only you have Hass and Eli flip-flopped.

Without a true, big play target (and Burress isn't it), Eli is no better than 5-6. And his time is running out the having a RB (Barber) who can open up the pass, so even though he is young, and many have him ranked especially high for dynasty leagues, the NYG better get a future stud RB to tote the rock, the way James has for Manning, and the way Alexander does for Hass.

I too have Palmer #4, but only because I wonder if he will be the same QB, even when "healthy".

I have McNabb as #8, behind the five mentioned here, and Bulger & Delhomme.

My top 10:

Peyton

Brady

Hass

Palmer

Eli

Bulger

Delhomme

McNabb

Vick

Culpepper

No offense intended Mssrs. Brees, Roethlisberger, Bledsoe, Green and Warner.

1482912[/snapback]

the only one's that should be in the top 10 that weren't are maybe Bledsoe and Warner...

Vick and Culpepper should not be top 10...

Culpepper makes my top 10 if he's playing by week 3...and if so...it's a tremendous leap...

here's mine....

1. P Manning

2. Palmer

3. Brady

4. E Manning

5. McNabb

6. Delhomme

7. Hasselbeck

8. Warner

9. Bulger

10. Bledsoe/Culpepper if alot healthier.....

1482912[/snapback]

Eli had 3762 yards and 25 TDs in only his second season. He's only going to get better and he will have a big play target this year (at least for a few long plays) in Sinorice Moss. Add in Buress, Toomer, Shockey (one of the elite TE's) and Barber and he has plenty of targets in the NFC East where it should be fairly brutal trying to run this year.

Hass is a great FF QB too, but he has capped out around 3500 yards and 24 TDs. He has Alexander and a soft schedule which means the run takes the majority of FF value there IMO.

Eli had 3762 yards and 25 TDs in only his second season. He's only going to get better and he will have a big play target this year (at least for a few long plays) in Sinorice Moss. Add in Buress, Toomer, Shockey (one of the elite TE's) and Barber and he has plenty of targets in the NFC East where it should be fairly brutal trying to run this year.

Hass is a great FF QB too, but he has capped out around 3500 yards and 24 TDs. He has Alexander and a soft schedule which means the run takes the majority of FF value there IMO.

1482960[/snapback]

I agree about Hass and I think both aspects of their offense will be ineffective this season....

plus you have the trend of the SB loser falling off the face of the earth the following season....

1482960[/snapback]

PRETTY SOON THE MANNINGS MAY BE #1 AND #2.