[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LA Falcons?

alexgaddis

I know it won't be America's Team.  They are building a new stadium.  If I had to guess it would either be Carolina or Tampa Bay, both of which are small markets.  If I had to guess just one I'd go with Carolina because they are not as entrinched in the community as Tampa Bay.  Doesn't Carolina have problems filling the stadium?

1483178[/snapback]

HAHAHAA....you would have to guess Tampa or Carolina because they are both small markets? Check out the league wide revenue and you will find that both Tampa and Carolina are in the top 10. Also they both have new stadiums and have sold out their stadiums since they were opened. They are going nowhere. If I were to guess then I would go with the FalCants because they are the ones who have problems filling up the Georgia Dome, or when the Bucs play in Atlanta we like to call it Ray Jay North.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessairly true: they are one of hte smaller markets, and their old school ownership isn't happy with the new CBA. This would include a change of onwership, but isn't out of the realm of possibility.

1486905[/snapback]

I agree that because this is the NFL and the Cleveland Browns became the Baltimore Ravens, anything is possible, but my statement was that Buffalo is not in the same situation as New Orleans, Jacksonville, and San Diego.

Buffalo has better fan support than all of those. Larger market.....do French Canadians watch the NFL?

Edited by godtomsatan

HAHAHAA....you would have to guess Tampa or Carolina because they are both small markets?  Check out the league wide revenue and you will find that both Tampa and Carolina are in the top 10.  Also they both have new stadiums and have sold out their stadiums since they were opened.  They are going nowhere.  If I were to guess then I would go with the FalCants because they are the ones who have problems filling up the Georgia Dome, or when the Bucs play in Atlanta we like to call it Ray Jay North.

1486924[/snapback]

:D

FYI Jolly Rodgers,

Since Vick became the starting QB for the Falcons, the Georgia Dome has sold out every game.

I agree that because this is the NFL and the Cleveland Browns became the Baltimore Ravens, anything is possible, but my statement was that Buffalo is not in the same situation as New Orleans, Jacksonville, and San Diego.

Buffalo has better fan support than all of those. Larger market.....do French Canadians watch the NFL?

1486952[/snapback]

I don't want to get to into it, because my info is second hand, but a good friend of mine is a HUGH bills fan and through his own message boards etc, it's more a matter of Bills owenrship not happy with their own situation and the larger one with the union. Cinci appraently has ownwership with the same reservations, and those were the two franchises who voted against the CBA extension recently. It could be nothing more than innuendo based rumor......

1486952[/snapback]

Toronto is rather close to Buffalo, and they have some fan support there.

Since Vick became the starting QB for the Falcons, the Georgia Dome has sold out every game.

1486963[/snapback]

That's because on every pass play, the ball is just as likely to go to any one of the 60,000+ fans as one of the Falcon's WR's

I don't want to get to into it, because my info is second hand, but a good friend of mine is a HUGH bills fan and through his own message boards etc, it's more a matter of Bills owenrship not happy with their own situation and the larger one with the union. Cinci appraently has ownwership with the same reservations, and those were the two franchises who voted against the CBA extension recently. It could be nothing more than innuendo based rumor......

1486972[/snapback]

Yeah, they dislike the CBA, Ralph Wilson and Mike Brown made that more than painfully clear after the vote, but that is a whole lot different than uprooting a franchise that has been consistently one of the best draws in the NFL for decades.

LA is a HUGH tv market, but lets face the facts, mexicans dont watch the NFL....

1487005[/snapback]

Presently, they get Chargers games whether they're blacked out or not, and the FOX national game.

I don't understand this big push by the NFL to put a team in LA. Three teams (Rams, Raiders and Chargers) have been there before and all 3 have left. I know it has been a long time since a team has been there and the NFL has changed quite a bit in that time, but can someone please tell me why the NFL is so convinced putting a team there now would be a such a great idea? (other than the whole its a big market thing)

This one is intresting. But with all the other problems of other teams. Them moving the Falcons are near nil. When you got Raider, Chargers, Vikings, Saints and Bufflo with all their problems. I can only see those moved because of the situation are in almost impossible to negotiate with.

I know it won't be America's Team.  They are building a new stadium. 

1483178[/snapback]

Plus they're used to dealing with fair-weather fans.

I don't understand this big push by the NFL to put a team in LA.  Three teams (Rams, Raiders and Chargers) have been there before and all 3 have left.  I know it has been a long time since a team has been there and the NFL has changed quite a bit in that time, but can someone please tell me why the NFL is so convinced putting a team there now would be a such a great idea?  (other than the whole its a big market thing)

1487168[/snapback]

Personally, with all the baggage that comes out EVERY TIME a major sport locates a franchise in a warm-weather city - problems with attendance, issues getting stadiums financed, etc etc - I don't know why anyone would deem the headache of going to LA worthwhile, unless things in the current city are absolutely rotten - i.e. Jax and Minny with their stadium situations or NO for obvious reasons.

Does that mean Minnesota would become full of Packer or Bears fans? Seems like blaphemy.

1487563[/snapback]

Before the Vikings came about, fans in Minnesote rooted for the Packers.

Personally, with all the baggage that comes out EVERY TIME a major sport locates a franchise in a warm-weather city - problems with attendance, issues getting stadiums financed, etc etc - I don't know why anyone would deem the headache of going to LA worthwhile, unless things in the current city are absolutely rotten - i.e. Jax and Minny with their stadium situations or NO for obvious reasons.

1487431[/snapback]

Jax and their stadium sitch? The only stadium situation the Jags have is not

putting enough people in it. Unless that is what you were talking about.

Jax and their stadium sitch? The only stadium situation the Jags have is not

putting enough people in it. Unless that is what you were talking about.

1487743[/snapback]

Okay, I admit it, I opened my yap about the Jags without knowing much about the situation - though if they're being rumored to move, SOMETHING isn't right. I believe they're the 2nd smallest market in the NFL.

Okay, I admit it, I opened my yap about the Jags without knowing much about the situation - though if they're being rumored to move, SOMETHING isn't right. I believe they're the 2nd smallest market in the NFL.

1488960[/snapback]

Maybe the smallest marktet team should move to LA.

Maybe the smallest marktet team should move to LA.

1489068[/snapback]

Just because you had issues with yer boys getting smacked around for about 10 years straight by a team from Wisconsin's 9th or 10th best city.....