[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out on a Limb

Another RB: DeShaun Foster.

Again, health a huge concern, but if he carries 80% of the RB load in Carolina, and doesn't have Stephen Davis stealing TDs, he could be huge. If he can get an additional 3-4 TDs (resonable, since Davis was good for 12 last year, and those scores have to go somewhere), over 16 games, he should be looking at a 1300-1400 yd, 7-8 TD rushing season. Add on some better-than-average receiving stats & 2-3 more TDs, and he would be right there at around 8th-10th best overall, and since he is currently being drafted as the 22-28th best RB, he could be a mojor coup.

I'd be more than happy to draft him as my 4th-5th RB, and watch him surprisingly start for me the bulk of the time.

1484288[/snapback]

I think I read somewhere Shelton may be used in short yardage and goal line situations.

Oh yeah and Koren Robinson is someone to keep an eye on IMO.

Edited by Sam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedrick Wilson is another sleeper candidate.  As is Amani Toomer.  And Fred Taylor

1483848[/snapback]

Hmmmmm.....possibly. He stepped up in 2 games out of 4 down the stretch. But even though it was his first year with the Steelers....it was his 5th year in the league. He only started ONE game last year. I would have expected him to be more of an immediate impact last year, if he was ever going to be one. I'm dubious on this one. :D

Now....what about Nate Burleson? Getting a 7 year deal in Seattle. Anyone think he may bounce back from a horrible year and have a decent career there? He strikes me as a Pearless Price type in one respect......great #2 WR on the team....horrible #1. But as long as he can be the solid #2....he can put up Housh/Wayne numbers. Opinions?

Now....what about Nate Burleson?  Getting a 7 year deal in Seattle.  Anyone think he may bounce back from a horrible year and have a decent career there?  He strikes me as a Pearless Price type in one respect......great #2 WR on the team....horrible #1.  But as long as he can be the solid #2....he can put up Housh/Wayne numbers.  Opinions?

1484342[/snapback]

I like the call on Burleson. I think with DJax taking the #1 and SA getting the D's attention that Nate could have a very decent year.

Hmmmmm.....possibly. He stepped up in 2 games out of 4 down the stretch.  But even though it was his first year with the Steelers....it was his 5th year in the league.  He only started ONE game last year.  I would have expected him to be more of an immediate impact last year, if he was ever going to be one.  I'm dubious on this one. :D

Now....what about Nate Burleson?  Getting a 7 year deal in Seattle.  Anyone think he may bounce back from a horrible year and have a decent career there?  He strikes me as a Pearless Price type in one respect......great #2 WR on the team....horrible #1.  But as long as he can be the solid #2....he can put up Housh/Wayne numbers.  Opinions?

1484342[/snapback]

I think that the Steelers spent a lot of time focusing on what they could get done with Randle El. Ward, Randle El, Miller, and an RB/FB doesn;t leave a ton of room for Wilson. He should step up and be a good #2 for them this year. He was pretty clutch in the playoffs.

Burelson could be having a good year. I like that call :D

1484342[/snapback]

7 year deal on paper, 3 year deal in reality.

To be Seattle's #2 in targets, he's going to have to earn Hasselbeck's trust. Right now Hass is pretty comfortable throwing to Engram. Add in more Jerramy Stevens and I'm not sold on Burleson.

QB .... Delhomme & Carr

RB .... Dom Davis, McGahee & Cerdic Benson

WR .... Mason(if McNair goes to Balt.), Burleson, K Rob & Wilford

TE .... Dallas Clark

7 year deal on paper, 3 year deal in reality.

To be Seattle's #2 in targets, he's going to have to earn Hasselbeck's trust. Right now Hass is pretty comfortable throwing to Engram. Add in more Jerramy Stevens and I'm not sold on Burleson.

1484376[/snapback]

We've been trying to "add in" Stevens for years....so far it hasn't stuck. :D

We've been trying to "add in" Stevens for years....so far it hasn't stuck. :D

1484537[/snapback]

I thought Stevens was more incorperated into the Seahags offense last year, than any previous year.

The only problem I saw, was that the ball failed to get "stuck" to his hands. :D

I thought Stevens was more incorperated into the Seahags offense last year, than any previous year.

The only problem I saw, was that the ball failed to get "stuck" to his hands. :D

1484605[/snapback]

He must have gotten too much Koren Robinson on him.

:D

Players to watch that haven't been mentioned yet:

QB: Brett Favre (I read a thread where someone got him in the 11th round ... sounds like the 15th overall QB to me)

RB: any of the rookie RBs, Deuce McAllister

WR: Javon Walker

Calls that make sense to me ... picked as a 2nd (or later) tier player at their position, ending up in the top 5 in their position:

QB: Warner, Favre, Brooks

RB: the rookie RBs, Dom Davis, McAllister, JLewis, DEN RB

WR: Javon Walker, Michael Clayton, Andre Johnson, Koren Robinson

TE: a TEN TE, a NE TE, a NOR TE (is Boo Williams still around?)

QB Bledsoe, Warner - each has offensive weapons galore

RB Chester Taylor - massive improvements on this line, Brad Johnson isn't throwing 40 times a game

WR Deion Branch - more catches and TDs without Givens

WR Roy Williams - Martz product

TE Ben Watson - he's awesome from the couple of games I saw last year

I think Tiki will have a great year, but the idea of the thread was to post your guy who is ranked low who you think will step up, and finish the year as a Top 10 player at his position. Tiki is a Top 10 RB by most accounts already.

1484299[/snapback]

I agree with you, but Tiki is a 2nd tier RB that is treated lowlyand "MANY" times has fallen to the 10th, 11th or 12th spot in a draft...IMO the value here is great as he finishes in top 5 in yards, etc.....sure the gist is a "SLEEPER" type player.....well 1st round sleeper with "GREAT" value is Tiki...check out mock drafts and you'll see based on Tiki's numbers he gets no respect.... :D

I agree with you, but Tiki is a 2nd tier RB that is treated lowlyand "MANY" times has fallen to the 10th, 11th or 12th spot in a draft...IMO the value here is great as he finishes in top 5 in yards, etc.....sure the gist is a "SLEEPER" type player.....well 1st round sleeper with "GREAT" value is Tiki...check out mock drafts and you'll see based on Tiki's numbers he gets no respect.... :D

1486038[/snapback]

Another pick that would better fit this thread (since you insist--LOL).....

Chester Taylor, Reche Caldwell (NE WR now :D ),Reuben Droughns (if he stays out of jail) and last but not least a top 5 QB this year and who woulda thunk it: Eli Manning!!! :D:D:D

lol...im not a jets fan...i guess my username is a little over your head....but seeing as how yer a broncos fan and a little "slow", ill let ya slide

1484046[/snapback]

I always took you asa Pats fan. Mo Lewis for giving Brady his start.

I'm gonna dig deep to find my sleepers here. These are guys that should be available in rounds 16 or higher, or may be available on the WW:

QB - Gus Frerotte - If you own Bulger, have you considered handcuffing a QB before? This might be the year. Gus is at least a proven vet, so if Bulger goes down, Linehan won't alter his gameplan much when Gus comes in.

RB - Greg Jones - He's already the GL RB in JAX. When Fred goes out, perhaps Jones becomes the full-timer with Drew getting a look here and there. JAX has a nice rushing schedule this year, combined with a bad passing schedule.

WR - Todd Pinkston - Sat out all of 2005 with an Achilles tear. We all know Philly will be passing once again in '06, but people have forgotten that Philly chose not to cut him. Why won't he be a starter in 2006 if he's healthy? He's listed as a starter on most internet depth charts.

TE - Doug Jolley - If Pennington starts, we all know he can't throw more than 2 feet through the air. If he can hold off Chris Baker, he should see plenty of targets.

K - Phil Dawson - Looking for a team that can't punch it in? Try Cleveland. Only 4 rushing TD's last year. In 2005, only 5 kickers had more made FG's, and he was over 93% (27 of 29).

D - Arizona Cardinals - Having Edge in 2006 should give them better time of possesion. They were not a bad team to have last year, finishing just out of the top 10 in my league scoring. They have a nice schedule to score FF points this year.

Tatum Bell -  I'm not buying this "1 to 10 carries a game" stuff, Dayne may steal a few short yardage TD's but Bell will carry the load.

1483520[/snapback]

Yeah until old Marine, Mike Anderson benched him.

QB Bledsoe, Warner - each has offensive weapons galore

RB Chester Taylor - massive improvements on this line, Brad Johnson isn't throwing 40 times a game

WR Deion Branch - more catches and TDs without Givens

WR Roy Williams - Martz product

TE Ben Watson - he's awesome from the couple of games I saw last year

1485960[/snapback]

funny you should mention watson...cause i remember the first mock of the year DMD posted several weeks back....watson was undrafted...

I like the call on Burleson.  I think with DJax taking the #1 and SA getting the D's attention that Nate could have a very decent year.

1484350[/snapback]

Perhaps but I wouldn't be surprsied to see Engram cut into his playing time or DJax's. It's hard to keep Engram off the field. He is my #5 WR sleeper.

QB: Favre -- I'd like to make this a non-homer pick, but even in his worst year ever (2005) he was starter-worthy in most formats. He'll be better this year, of course.

RB: Sleeper RBs? :D 90% of RBs are overvalued, so this is a tough one. I do think DeAngelo Williams will be leading a few fantasy owners to the promised land down the stretch.

WR: Joe Horn -- Excellent value. He'll be one of the more consistently productive FF WRs of the season and finish in the top 12. Darrell Jackson and Hines Ward will also outperform their draft status.

TE: Ben Troupe -- Tennessee has had the dreaded "TEBC" syndrome for a few years now, but he had a couple of nice games at the end of last year and his talent will rise to the top this year.

K: Adam Vinatieri -- Great passing teams that struggle running produce great kickers (see: Rackers, Neil). The Colts might be the best example of that this year; plus, Vinatieri will be in a dome. Josh Scobee and Mike Nugent also fall into this category.

RB .... Cerdic Benson

1484390[/snapback]

I'm reallyl suprised it took someone this long to post Benson. With Chicago's offensive line lead by Kruetz, it's a RB dream in Chicago. Heck, look what Thomas Jones has done the past couple of years. Jones will be traded before the season starts and it's Benson's job (considering his contract is for like 28 trillion dollars). Grossman (another sleeper) will be back this year for at least a couple of hours. And let's not forget what Mush can do if he has a QB that can get him the ball.

Totally homerism. But, since we have nowhere to go but: up. My sleeper picks will be:

QB Rex Grossman (for 1.5 quarters then watch out for Griese :D )

RB Cedric Benson

WR Mushin Muhammad