[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Farve's Numbers

Not a great way to start 2006 season...Barry gone....good thing it was early enough to find suitable replacement....think offensively...Packers will be a running team and again keep games close to win or lose in the end....Favre will do less which will make him (IMO) more deadly when the game is on the line in the 4th Qtr....WR's are not as talented as in the past...so running game with a triple threat...Green..Davenport...Gado are good enough to pound the "D" IMO... :D

Kevin Barry, big back-up tackle when they ran their U-71 package.  He was competing for a starting spot and blew out his quad.

1484985[/snapback]

Really they only lost depth when Barry went down.

He was waaayyy too fat & slow to be a starter in Jagodzinski's zone blocking scheme.

Still, it's never a good thing to lose depth, but happening this early, time is on the Pack's side to find a replacement.

He was waaayyy too fat & slow to be a starter in Jagodzinski's zone blocking scheme.

Still, it's never a good thing to lose depth, but happening this early, time is on the Pack's side to find a replacement.

1485078[/snapback]

Part of the resigning was the promise that he could compete for a starting spot but I agree, he's too big too for Jag.

1485078[/snapback]

Good info here - early favorites to win the C and OG positions were Scott Wells, Ryan Colledge, and Junius Coston. Jagodzinski said he wants his OLs between 290 and 310 - Barry was tipping the scales at 340.

Brett Favre on a team that passes only 42% of the time? No way Brett goes for that. It's like asking Peyton to pass 42%, or better yet, asking Rex Grossman to pass 58%. Ain't gonna happen. As crappy as Brett was last year, he still managed to post QB14 numbers in my league, and that was with a pitiful stat line from weeks 12-15, tossing 0 TD's and 9 INT's. He hasn't missed a game in over 13 years, so you can count on him being there when you need him. I'd take him as my QB2 anytime.

Berry was competeing for the job at guard, he wasnt a lock to start. He reported to camp way overweight, and even if he was in shape, he still wouldnt fit the mould of the new zone blocking scheme. Berry was a great fit in the old scheme, but I didnt see how he fit into the new scheme. I don't think it will be that hugh of a deal. As a matter of fact, i'd rather see one of the younger guys come in and learn. Its not like the seahawks and panthers are looking over their shoulders to see where the packers are...

Well I was looking at the fact that the Pack has a backfield that could be spectacular if the "O" line is serviceable.

Favre can pass only 250-300 times he will be in the 42-48 % range of plays that are pass... :D

Well I was looking at the fact that the Pack has a backfield that could be spectacular if the "O" line is serviceable.

Favre can pass only 250-300 times he will be in the 42-48 % range of plays that are pass... :D

1486031[/snapback]

Brett has thrown an average of 543 passes a year for the last 14 years, and every year since 1992 he has completed at least 300 passes. Now you having him throwing only 250-300 passes? He has averaged 34 pass attempts per game for 14 years, so why would he be in the 15-18 attempt range in 2006?

Its Daren Colledge Boise State Bronco!!!!!!!

1486027[/snapback]

Right now it's "rookie who hasn't played a snap in a real NFL game" Colledge; when he does something notable, I'll bother learning his 1st name. :D

Brett has thrown an average of 543 passes a year for the last 14 years, and every year since 1992 he has completed at least 300 passes.  Now you having him throwing only 250-300 passes?  He has averaged 34 pass attempts per game for 14 years, so why would he be in the 15-18 attempt range in 2006?

1486057[/snapback]

Obviously Favre is going to attempt to be more like Ben Roethlisberger this year.

Brett has thrown an average of 543 passes a year for the last 14 years, and every year since 1992 he has completed at least 300 passes.  Now you having him throwing only 250-300 passes?  He has averaged 34 pass attempts per game for 14 years, so why would he be in the 15-18 attempt range in 2006?

1486057[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. If I'm not mistaken, there aren't many teams in the last decade or so that passed the ball less than 45% over a season. I think the Steelers did it a couple of years ago and they were the only team in the league below 50%.