[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Boston to the Bucs?

Otis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to say he has regained his speed or anything, but I am steering clear of Simms if he contradicts Avernus about Boston's speed:

Buccaneers | Simms excited about Boston addition

Fri, 26 May 2006 05:43:02 -0700

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Chris Simms is excited about the addition of WR David Boston to the team. "It's great to have him here," Simms said of Boston, who signed a free agent contract with the Bucs Wednesday, May 24. "It definitely gives us another downfield threat. I mean, if you put Joey (Galloway) on one side and David Boston on the other, it's going to make defenses think about who they want to cheat their safeties to in coverage. We really have a lot of speed at receiver now." In reality, though, it is way too soon to suggest that Boston will provide the Bucs with a deep threat to complement Galloway

Simms is a bad judgement of speed as he has to throw the ball not clock Boston.... :D  :D  :D  :D

1489389[/snapback]

the fact that he refers to him as a downfield threat.....he hasn't been a respectable downfield threat since 2001....I could be a year off on this, though...

I only remember this because I drafted him in 2002 and traded him before the season for Deuce McAllister and rod Gardner...