[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

platooning QBs.

cliaz

As DMD's articles prove year in and out, once you get away from the elite guys, its all about the same for the next dozen or so. Its hard to play matchups in that crowd unless the matchup is staggeringly good or bad.

I think the smart move (if you don't get a top QB) is take you favorite sleeper and try to grab someone you know will score with some consistancy - even if the numbers aren't flashy (a Delhomme for example). If the sleeper doesn't work out, at least you have a player who will get you points and you're not stuck decideing between Kyle Boller and Alex Smith on the waiver wire...

I usually have a platoon of RB's with 3 viable starters and 2 backups that I pray become fantastic trade bait....ala LJordan when he was a Jet and Barlow when Hearst was in SF and Barlow actually looked good...

but then I'll have about 4-6 WR's.... after some trading I'll have 3 studs and make room for a 3rd QB because rosters lock into the playoffs...

usually the 2 I already have and a 3rd that was a backup that has come in late...

i am no longer in any redraft leagues but i always made it a point to take QBs late and I juggled them... made the playoffs more then not and won a SB

last yr in GMX(16 Team IDP) I ended up with Hasslebeck(8.2 overall pick 114 and 11th QB taken) and Brees(10.2 146th overall and 16th QB taken)..i juggled the 2 of them last yr to the tune of a 12-1 reg season record....my team crapped out in the playoffs :D

Edited by keggerz