[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota Huddlers...

Hey Minnesota Huddlers:

I am starting a new local league in the Twin Cities. I have 1 or 2 franchise slots left open still. If you are interested, let me know... I'll be more partial to Huddle Vets, but won't rule anybody out. Since it is a Keeper league I am looking for people that will hopefully be around for a while. Reply or PM me if interested.

Here is what we are thinking so far:

12-team redraft. Standard performance + TD scoring. 16-man rosters with one IR slot, and 3 optional keepers each year (but you can only keep up to 1 player per position). 3 divisions of 4 teams each with weekly head-to-head match-ups. Weekly lineup consists of: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR/TEs, 1 Flex (RB or WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST. Fee is $80 total per franchise (approx. $75 into the pot and approx. $5 for league website management on MFL). Live draft will take place in the Twin Cities southern metro... probably in mid-August (draft day isn't set yet).

Once we've got all of the franchises filled, we can vote on any adjustment to the rules. So far the following MN Huddlers have given me the thumbs up to joining:

Savage Beatings (founder and commissioner)

MikesVikes

Ursa Majoris

General Itals

T-Scorp

Outshined

+ 4 other non-Huddlers, and a maybe from Alexgaddis.

That's 10 out of 12 franchises pretty much set.

I also am looking for suggestions for the League and Division names. :D

--------------------------------------------------------

All roster slots are now filled:

Savage Beatings

MikesVikes

Ursa Majoris

General Itals

T-Scorp

Outshined

Seductive Nun

+ 5 other non Huddlers (at least not Huddlers yet :D )

Edited by Savage Beatings

I might be game for that. I live just across the St. Croix, on the good side. Are you committed to a re-draft or would you consider an auction?

1488443[/snapback]

It'll be a redraft. I'm in a couple of other auction leagues, and while I really enjoy them, I found myself missing the strategy of the serpentine redraft this last couple of years. So I purposely set it up that way.

Sounds like a fun league. I'm in keeper leagues, but nothing that limits keepers per position, which I like. I grew up in MN, but have lived in CA for the last two years. What's sort of intriguing is that I will be in MN for about 7-10 days in the middle of August (and attending another live draft or two during that time). I'm sure you will have no problem finding another owner who is better suited for a "local" league with live drafts, but let me know if you get closer to the draft date and are still looking for a 12th. Good luck.

Sounds like a fun league.  I'm in keeper leagues, but nothing that limits keepers per position, which I like.  I grew up in MN, but have lived in CA for the last two years.  What's sort of intriguing is that I will be in MN for about 7-10 days in the middle of August (and attending another live draft or two during that time).  I'm sure you will have no problem finding another owner who is better suited for a "local" league with live drafts, but let me know if you get closer to the draft date and are still looking for a 12th.  Good luck.

1488503[/snapback]

I will for sure... that's pretty ambitious to fly in from CA for some FF drafts. I applaud your committment! :D

Sounds very much like a fun league but with all those huddlers already in there I wouldn't have all the insider "knowledge" I have in my other leagues. Without that advantage I guess I would be the "Easy Money" of the league. :D

I have also found that more leagues makes FF less fun for me and my CEO (wife) even less happy about FF in general. Have fun fellas!

I don't think the wifey would be too happy with a third trip to Minny this year. I will be there for the game vs the Panthers in Sept and the MNF game vs the Pats on Oct 30th. If you still have a spot open as it gets closer though, keep me in mind and maybe I'll make the drive down just for the draft.

I don't think the wifey would be too happy with a third trip to Minny this year.  I will be there for the game vs the Panthers in Sept and the MNF game vs the Pats on Oct 30th.  If you still have a spot open as it gets closer though, keep me in mind and maybe I'll make the drive down just for the draft.

1488651[/snapback]

Same here. I'll be down in a few weeks and could make another trip in august.

I don't think the wifey would be too happy with a third trip to Minny this year.  I will be there for the game vs the Panthers in Sept and the MNF game vs the Pats on Oct 30th.  If you still have a spot open as it gets closer though, keep me in mind and maybe I'll make the drive down just for the draft.

1488651[/snapback]

I thought that's why they built the Mall of America. So the women folk could get even. :D

:MontyBurns:Excellent:MontyBurns:

If you have the spot, count me in.  I live in the east metro.  Oakdale specifically.

1488534[/snapback]

Oh, that'll lower the tone of the league. People from Oakdale? Next we'll have the unwashed masses from Blaine wanting in. :D

Oh, that'll lower the tone of the league.  People from Oakdale?  Next we'll have the unwashed masses from Blaine wanting in.  :D

1488768[/snapback]

C'mon... I' have SOME standards.

Oh, that'll lower the tone of the league.  People from Oakdale?  Next we'll have the unwashed masses from Blaine wanting in.  :D

1488768[/snapback]

If those dudes want to pony up some money for Zygi, they're ok by me. :D

I will for sure... that's pretty ambitious to fly in from CA for some FF drafts.  I applaud your committment!    :D

1488512[/snapback]

Well, I'm actually killing multiple birds with one stone, so to speak. Friday/Saturday golf outing with the guys in North Central Minnesota (36 holes each day) with a live draft and poker Friday night after golfing. Depending on when my other "local" leagues schedule their drafts, I may have one in the Cities that week AND another in Sioux Falls as well. This is after I flew to Sioux Falls in March for a 4-day weekend with the guys, watching the opening two rounds of the NCAA tourney and playing cards, drinking beers, etc. All I can say is, I'm lucky my wife puts up with my sports addiction!

This may work for me. At least a strong maybe. I am relocating back to the cities (St. Paul) in the next few weeks and will be living up there M-F.

Main move (wife, kids, sell homes)may be in August though. I will have a better timeline in the next month or so.

Well, I'm actually killing multiple birds with one stone, so to speak.  Friday/Saturday golf outing with the guys in North Central Minnesota (36 holes each day) with a live draft and poker Friday night after golfing.  Depending on when my other "local" leagues schedule their drafts, I may have one in the Cities that week AND another in Sioux Falls as well.  This is after I flew to Sioux Falls in March for a 4-day weekend with the guys, watching the opening two rounds of the NCAA tourney and playing cards, drinking beers, etc.  All I can say is, I'm lucky my wife puts up with my sports addiction!

1488827[/snapback]

Where at in North Central MN????? :D

Well, I'm actually killing multiple birds with one stone, so to speak.  Friday/Saturday golf outing with the guys in North Central Minnesota (36 holes each day) with a live draft and poker Friday night after golfing. 

1488827[/snapback]

:D

Where at in North Central MN?????  :D

1488884[/snapback]

Sounds like Maddens or Craguns in Brainerd

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.......

:D Brainerd ain't north!!!!!!!!  :D

1489062[/snapback]

According to the map it is...But unless your from the Iron Range or other parts, it is not. Are you from the Range? We have a cabin on Vermillion.

Where at in North Central MN?????  :D

1488884[/snapback]

I actually grew up in Alexandria. I have a couple of buddies with cabins in the Lake Ottertail and Battle Lake areas (west of Brainerd). We have been doing this weekend golf outing since high school, so for about 12 years. Over the years, we have played a variety of courses in that area.....Perham, Wadena, Fergus Falls, Long Prairie, as well as pretty much all of the courses along Highway 10 between St. Cloud and Detroit Lakes. A lot of them I can't name off the top of my head, or without a map or list of Minnesota courses. Traditionally, we play a couple of different courses Friday, and 36 holes at Blueberry Pines (near Menagha, 20 miles south of Itasca State Park) on Saturday. If you haven't played Blueberry, I would suggest checking it out. It's one of my favorite courses in Minnesota, yet doesn't have as much recognition (or the high green fees) that some of the courses in NE Minnesota do (Brainerd, Duluth, Giant's Ridge, etc.)

By the way, SeductiveNun, if it's north of the Duluth/Detroit Lakes/Fargo line, I consider it to be part of Canada. :D We used to take bus trips to Thief River Falls for basketball in high school....I swear it was like travelling into another country. Not to mention, their home court advantage was unique. They were known for throwing things at the opposing players. My brother once got hit in the back by a tennis ball while running down the court. :D