[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fitz and Boldin

Both Fitgerald and Bolding will likely be ranked pretty high this coming year, but my question is, do you think both guys could make a decent #1 Fantasy WR or, do you think one of them will only be worthy of a #2 WR spot on your roster?

I think both have a shot at landing in the top 12 WRs this year. Can't say which one has the better chance, for sure; no one can at this point. But I'd happily take either of them as my #1 WR if either were still available about 32+ picks in, assuming I'd gone RB-RB already. Though, I'm more curious if either or both will be available in the early 4th round of a 12 team redraft.

Edited by yo mama

No way in hell they will be available in the 4th round...drafting now in a 2 rb / 3 wr ppr league and they boith went in the 2nd round.

first 14 were all rbs, then 8 out of the next 9 were wr's...only peyton broke the wr run...

1488696[/snapback]

Both of them... wow! Guess that helps to answer my question.

No way in hell they will be available in the 4th round...drafting now in a 2 rb / 3 wr ppr league and they boith went in the 2nd round.

first 14 were all rbs, then 8 out of the next 9 were wr's...only peyton broke the wr run...

1488696[/snapback]

Seems like a reach, to me. Though, there aren't many WRs I'd take 24 picks in to begin with.

Both of them... wow!  Guess that helps to answer my question.

1488699[/snapback]

Both are #1 fantasy wideouts because both always go in the first dozen WR drafted. I have been in three drafts so far and neither has made it past the third round. I have seen Fitzgerald as early as #13th overall and Boldin as early as #26. I have never seen either still on the board after the 3.07 pick.

They are in one of those rare situations that either could easily have 100 catches this season. Both could have 100. Last year ARZ only had those two as offensive weapons and they ranked #1 and #6 in number of targets in the NFL last year. I cannot imagine a league where they fall into a WR2 category (short of an 8 team league or something)

good wishful thinking though to be able to get 1 of them in the 4th.

1488702[/snapback]

So is it also your opinion that both of them will produce as a #1 WR, or do you think one of those two owners will end up disappointed?

Both are #1 fantasy wideouts because both always go in the first dozen WR drafted. I have been in three drafts so far and neither has made it past the third round. I have seen Fitzgerald as early as #13th overall and Boldin as early as #26. I have never seen either still on the board after the 3.07 pick.

They are in one of those rare situations that either could easily have 100 catches this season. Both could have 100. Last year ARZ only had those two as offensive weapons and they ranked #1 and #6 in number of targets in the NFL last year. I cannot imagine a league where they fall into a WR2 category (short of an 8 team league or something)

1488703[/snapback]

:D Thank you... that's exactly what I was looking for.

1488703[/snapback]

Doesn't it concern you that at some point during the season they are going to have a rookie QB throwing to them? This would be my biggest concern with both of them, and probably the reason I will not be drafting either of them. They may be great during the first part of the season, but as soon as they are out of the playoff picture, or as soon as Warner breaks a nail, in comes the rookie, and those WR's that may get you to the playoffs won't be nearly as productive when you need them most.

Doesn't it concern you that at some point during the season they are going to have a rookie QB throwing to them?  This would be my biggest concern with both of them, and probably the reason I will not be drafting either of them.  They may be great during the first part of the season, but as soon as they are out of the playoff picture, or as soon as Warner breaks a nail, in comes the rookie, and those WR's that may get you to the playoffs won't be nearly as productive when you need them most.

1488785[/snapback]

I'm not so sure Perch... as much as I am very eagar to talk about Denny Green's shortcomings, I think he understands the need to patiently develop a QB under an experienced vet. I think that Warner will have to miss time with a serious injury or will really have to struggle consistently in order for Green to yank him (from the starting role that is).

Doesn't it concern you that at some point during the season they are going to have a rookie QB throwing to them?  This would be my biggest concern with both of them, and probably the reason I will not be drafting either of them.  They may be great during the first part of the season, but as soon as they are out of the playoff picture, or as soon as Warner breaks a nail, in comes the rookie, and those WR's that may get you to the playoffs won't be nearly as productive when you need them most.

1488785[/snapback]

That does not really concern me. I mean look what they did with just Josh McCown last year. If Leinart does play, which is no lock, he comes in after four years at USC having played in a pro offense and having played in the biggest games that the NCAA has to offer. Conversely, Vince Young came out as a junior from an offense that is unlike what he will face in the NFL.

Leinart is already as seasoned as you will find for a rookie QB and he'll have that wonderful chip on his shoulder as well. I don't see a later switch to Leinart - if and when it happens - as anything worse than McCown was or Warner probably is.

1488785[/snapback]

I, for one, am a lot more concern about the existence of an actual running game in Arizona affecting their potential upside. Leinhart doesn't bother me as much.

I, for one, am a lot more concern about the existence of an actual running game in Arizona affecting their potential upside.  Leinhart doesn't bother me as much.

1488816[/snapback]

True, and Edge gives them a threat from the backfield just by his name and reputation. But Denny does like to throw the ball... so I don't think Fitz and Boldin's numbers will suffer too much.

True, and Edge gives them a threat from the backfield just by his name and reputation.  But Denny does like to throw the ball... so I don't think Fitz and Boldin's numbers will suffer too much.

1488843[/snapback]

Perhaps. I guess my point was only that I'm more concerned with Edge taking away from the passing game than I am of the potential that Leinhart may be under center at some point during the season. Last year no team threw the ball more (averaged 41.9 passes per game), or ran the ball less (22.5 run plays per game) than Arizona. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Arizona came off those extremes and tried to go for a slightly more balanced offense.

Edited by yo mama

Perhaps.  I guess my point was only that I'm more concerned with Edge taking away from the passing game than I am from the potential that Leinhart may be under center at some point during the season.  Last year no team threw the ball more (averaged 41.9 passes per game), or ran the ball less (22.5 run plays per game) than Arizona.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit of Arizona came off those extremes and tried to go for a slightly more balanced offense.

1488850[/snapback]

Agreed. As lopsided as they were last season they have no where to go, but in a more balanced direction.

So is it also your opinion that both of them will produce as a #1 WR, or do you think one of those two owners will end up disappointed?

1488704[/snapback]

This is my feeling on the situation. Boldin/Fitz could be like Carter/Moss in 1999. Both had potential to catch 100 balls each. (Cunningham was coming off a MVP year and George was the backup) I know in many draft they both went top 10 WR's. Both had great years

-----Moss -----Carter

REC --80--------90

Yards-1412----1241

TD's---11-------12

Rush--43-------0

TD's--0---------0

Pass--27--------0

TD's---1--------0

Points Standard scoring---Moss---251-----Carter----202

Points with 1/rec -----------Moss---331-----Carter----292

I don't have fantasy stats for all recievers but I tend to believe they both finished in the top 10.

Edited by T-Scorp

...Arizona came off those extremes and tried to go for a slightly more balanced offense...

1488850[/snapback]

hmmm...Arizona and balanced offense in the same sentence...definitely getting near the end of the world as we know it... :D

Seriously, the scenario that will pan out with most drafts is as soon as either Fitz or Boldin go, the other will follow in the next few picks. I think they are both fairly equal and I can see the strategy of waiting for the first one to go and then jumping on the 2nd one ASAP.

Not that I would be doing that...Billy, Yukon, Bier, or any of you other f'kers in my leagues lurking around...in fact, er, I'll be taking Gates with my first pick...yeah, that's right...TE...he's real good :D

Seriously, the scenario that will pan out with most drafts is as soon as either Fitz or Boldin go, the other will follow in the next few picks.  I think they are both fairly equal and I can see the strategy of waiting for the first one to go and then jumping on the 2nd one ASAP.

1488862[/snapback]

I'd buy that for a dollar.

1488696[/snapback]

I agree. They should both go in the 2nd.

If we're comparing this offense to the 98 Vikings, here's my prediction:

Fitz=Moss

Boldin=Carter.

Fitz will be the ultimate #1 in AZ, with Boldin being a great #2 on that team.

1488882[/snapback]

From what I've seen there is no #1 or #2 wr on that team. I owned Fitz last year in a couple of leagues and Boldin was a HUGE pain in my rear!! I dont see that changing anytime soon.