[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush to Wear 25 (may 26th)

cliaz

The Reggie Bush number saga is over. On Thursday, Bush announced he has obtained the No. 25 from teammate Fred McAfee, who wore the number for eight seasons. "To have worn the No. 5 was my first preference, but now the most important ting is continue to raise awareness and proceeds for the victims of the hurricane," Bush said in a statement published by the New Orleans Times-Picayune. He wore No. 5 while playing for the USC Trojans.

We'll all sleep a little easier now that Bush won't be making any additional statements regarding his jersey number. To his credit, Reggie will donate 25 percent of the proceeds from his jersey sales to Hurricane Katrina relief.

Wow !!!  Thank God.  Now I can enjoy my weekend.  The "great one" has picked his number.  :D

1488932[/snapback]

By most accounts, he's a decent guy, but I have to agree. Enough is enough. Play some great football and then we'll call you great and talk about you even more...

So I guess the fact that he is still donating 25% of proceeds will go unnoticed now that he didnt get his #5. Another point missed is that half of those donations will be in Macafees name as payment for the #25.