[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers' Santonio Holmes

Flypaste

Steelers' Santonio Holmes arrested for disorderly conduct.

2006-05-27 15:21

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct at a hotel in South Beach, police said Saturday.

Holmes was arrested Friday night. He was released from jail after he signed a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

The events leading to Holmes' arrest weren't released by police.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he didn't know about the arrest and couldn't immediately comment on it. Holmes was the Steelers' first-round pick in April out of Ohio State.

Disorderly Conduct is a BS charge that they toss around when they are just mad at you and don't have a real reason to arrest you, IMHO. I'm not saying this because he is a Steeler. I am saying this as I have been down this road personally. Squeegiebo can get him off though. :D

Disorderly Conduct is a BS charge that they toss around when they are just mad at you and don't have a real reason to arrest you, IMHO.  I'm not saying this because he is a Steeler.  I am saying this as I have been down this road personally.  Squeegiebo can get him off though. :D

1489691[/snapback]

:D

:sean connery laugh: hahahaha, suck it menudo :/sean connery laugh:

sorry, i couldnt resist

1489619[/snapback]

Disorderly Conduct is a BS charge that they toss around when they are just mad at you and don't have a real reason to arrest you, IMHO.

1489691[/snapback]

Exactly! Just ask Barrett Robbins. :D

By the way, NO ONE should care about arrests -- convictions matter, arrests don't (especially, as Skippy said, for something like disorderly conduct).

Idiot cops wrongly arrest people all the time.

1489826[/snapback]

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

Steelers top pick Holmes arrested

Miami police cite disorderly conduct

Sunday, May 28, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Santonio Holmes, the Steelers' No. 1 draft choice, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct in the South Beach area of Miami Beach early yesterday morning, a charge his mother contends is a case of mistaken identity because she said her son is in Columbus, Ohio.

But, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said it is no mistake. Holmes, a wide receiver from Ohio State and the 25th overall pick in the NFL draft, disrupted traffic and was verbally abusive to a police officer outside a South Beach hotel on Collins Avenue at 3:30 a.m.yesterday.

"We got a positive I.D.," Hernandez said.

Holmes was released from jail and did not have to post bail after signing a promissory note to appear in court when he is served a subpoena. Hernandez said police have to positively identify a person before they will release him on a promissory note. That is how they know the person they arrested was Holmes.

But Patricia Brown, Holmes' mother who lives in Belle Glade, Fla., said her son is in Columbus, where he is attending school, and has not been home since her May 5 birthday. Belle Glade is approximately two hours north of South Beach.

"That's news to me," Brown said when told of the arrest. "I talked to him yesterday. He's in Ohio."

Holmes did not return a message left on his cell phone.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said, "We don't have any comment on it because we don't have any information on it."

According to the police report, Holmes was observed walking in the middle of Collins Avenue in a trendy area of South Beach littered with outdoor bars and restaurants. When traffic became disrupted and came to a standstill, a police officer told Holmes to "get out of the street." According to the report, Holmes "said several offensive words" to the police officer and was arrested.

"He was verbally abusive with the police officer," Hernandez said.

Hernandez said Holmes did not appear drunk and was not cited for public intoxication. No date has been set for the hearing.

Holmes attended the Steelers' minicamp two weeks ago, but he is not allowed to take part in the coaching and voluntary workout sessions because of an NFL rule that prohibits underclassmen from joining their team until either he or his class graduates.

Still sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I may be tainted by my little brush with some ass hole cops and how they can abuse power when they feel like it. I'm not saying that all cops do this but I am saying that my research into the laws has me thinking that even though it would be in bad taste, I can scream F You at the cops and not be arrested for it unless I am trying to start a fight or something of that nature. Four letter words do not equal an arrest.

The following really makes this look like cops gone wild.

Santonio Holmes - WR - Steelers

Santonio Holmes was reportedly arrested for obstructing traffic.

"I wasn't trying to cause a problem," he said. "I'm upset about this." Holmes claims he was in Florida to visit his children. May. 28 - 9:40 am et

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Obstructing traffic? Give me a break.

Still sounds like a bunch of BS to me.  I may be tainted by my little brush with some ass hole cops and how they can abuse power when they feel like it.  I'm not saying that all cops do this but I am saying that my research into the laws has me thinking that even though it would be in bad taste, I can scream F You at the cops and not be arrested for it unless I am trying to start a fight or something of that nature.  Four letter words do not equal an arrest.

1490272[/snapback]

Exactly. A cop can pretty much arrest anybody for anything, if the cop determines the behavior to be "disorderly." Something tells me that some cops have loose definitions of the word.