[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soy Wasabi Sauce

keggerz

OK so I dont know what the hell happened to my wisk so i had to use a hand blender but everything came out just fine...

Grilled up a NY Strip cooked MED....thinly sliced it and served with a bit of the sauce over the strips

Marinaded some assparagus in the same mixture then grilled them too

Corn on the Cob was the next experiment...peeled back the husks and removed the silks then liberally brushed the corn with butter then the wasabi sauce...pulled the husk leaves back up...wrapped them in alluminum foil and grilled....

YUMMY and not bad for a novice.

Soy Wasabi Sauce

Ingredients

6 Tbs Wasabi paste

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 egg yolk

1 Tbs soy sauce

2 tsp rice wine vinegar

1 tsp sake or dry sherry

Method

1) In medium bowl, whisk oil into egg yolk gradually, a drop at a time, to make a thick mayonnaise.

2) Then add the wasabi paste and whisk in remaining ingredients.

OK so I dont know what the hell happened to my wisk so i had to use a hand blender but  everything came out just fine...

Grilled up a NY Strip cooked MED....thinly sliced it and served with a bit of the sauce over the strips

Marinaded some assparagus in the same mixture then grilled them too

Corn on the Cob was the next experiment...peeled back the husks and removed the silks then liberally brushed the corn with butter then the wasabi sauce...pulled the husk leaves back up...wrapped them in alluminum foil and grilled....

YUMMY and not bad for a novice.

1490533[/snapback]

I'm going to give this a shot this weekend.

I'm going to give this a shot this weekend.

1496063[/snapback]

good luck and let me know how it turns out...

the only thing i will say is that turning the egg & oil into what amounts to a mayo type mixture isnt the easiest...i didnt have a wisk so i used an electric blender and it worked fine

If you like tuna try this:

Soy

Wasabi (better to mix if powdered wasabi)

Honey

Mix all together and marinate tuna for about an hour. Reserve one once per serving as a dipping sauce.

Coat tuna in Sesame seeds and sear each side on a grill over high heat until seeds start to pop...

Cut thin slices and serve!

If you like tuna try this:

Soy

Wasabi (better to mix if powdered wasabi)

Honey

Mix all together and marinate tuna for about an hour. Reserve one once per serving as a dipping sauce.

Coat tuna in Sesame seeds and sear each side on a grill over high heat until seeds start to pop...

Cut thin slices and serve!

1497922[/snapback]

If you believe that someone can truly create a recipe, perhaps you should credit AB on this. I saw him make it on that BBQ special.

Ok...I'm not into hot stuff, but when I was in Vegas (April) w/ RR juniorette, there were these green nuts on the table. I had a few.............tasty! :D I had a few more and hit a real hot one. F'uk!!!!! Why do people need to burn off the top layer of tongue to apprecitate the taste? Sorry..........I don't understand. :D Crushed reds on a pizza....delish. Sport peppers or gardinaire(sp) on a beef sammich or hot dog... be-U-tiful. JMO

If you believe that someone can truly create a recipe, perhaps you should credit AB on this.  I saw him make it on that BBQ special.

1498154[/snapback]

Yes, it was on Alton's show... I had always toasted my sesame seeds in a pan and then rolled the tuna in a honey/sesame seed glaze. Serving with wasabi, freah ginger and soy. But, I liked his take on it and will try it soon myself.