[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock thru 2 ...

I'm in the middle of a mock draft with fairly standard scoring where you will keep your players long term and start a standard 1QB/2B/3WR/1TE/1PK/1DF

1.05 - SJackson

2.08 - LFitzgerald

3.05 - WParker

4.08 - CChambers

5.05 - EManning

6.08 - CCooley

7.05 - VDavis

8.08 - GJones

9.05 - EWilford

10.08 - MMoore

11.05 - KCurtis

12.08 - JCutler

Really wanted CPortis at 1.05 (went 1.04) and Chad Johnson at 2.08 (went 2.07).

Passed on EJames at 1.05 and THolt at 2.08.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I'm in the middle of a mock draft with fairly standard scoring where you will keep your players long term and start a standard 1QB/2B/3WR/1TE/1PK/1DF

1.05 - SJackson

2.08 - LFitzgerald

1491683[/snapback]

Im not a big Jackson fan at 5, but I dont think its too much of a reach. If you have high expectations, then Id say you did good by getting who you wanted. Fitz at 2.8 is money.

What's the knock on Holt this year? I've seen a couple of people trying to trade him away.

1491711[/snapback]

Maybe because no one likes the Rams...

Grits I would've taken Edge in that Arizona mad house but Jackson is gonna be awesome this year. :D

Curious....Was Chester Taylor available then?

1491731[/snapback]

Yes he was ... I have washed my hands of the MIN RB situation although I know Tice is gone ... blah blah blah.

With SJackson I didn't want to load up on STL players AND it is a dynasty league. Fitz = young stud

Holt = aging stud

What's the knock on Holt this year? I've seen a couple of people trying to trade him away.

1491711[/snapback]

Maybe with Martz gone, some think the Rams will not throw as much and try to run a more balanced offense. :D

I still think Holt is a top five receiver, but there is some concern about how Linehan will use him. JMHO.

1.05 - SJackson

2.08 - LFitzgerald

3.05 - WParker

1491683[/snapback]

Curious:

1. 16-team?

2. What order did the 1st 3 RBs go?

3. If you passed on James at 1.05, was he taken at 1.06, or did he slip further?

4. T.O #1 WR??

Yes he was ... I have washed my hands of the MIN RB situation although I know Tice is gone ... blah blah blah.

With SJackson I didn't want to load up on STL players AND it is a dynasty league.  Fitz = young stud

Holt = aging stud

1491736[/snapback]

No real problem with any of those picks. I would have gone Edge or even RoBrown over SJax... but not by much. I think Fitz was the right choice over Holt considering it is a dynasty. Willie & Chester is a tough call - I'd give the slight edge to Taylor, but again not by much.

Keep us posted.

With SJackson I didn't want to load up on STL players AND it is a dynasty league.  Fitz = young stud

Holt = aging stud

1491736[/snapback]

So have I and Denver finally as well.

Curious:

1. 16-team?

2. What order did the 1st 3 RBs go?

3. If you passed on James at 1.05, was he taken at 1.06, or did he slip further?

4. T.O #1 WR??

1491770[/snapback]

1.05 and 2.08 would be a 12 team.

Maybe with Martz gone, some think the Rams will not throw as much and try to run a more balanced offense.    :D

I still think Holt is a top five receiver, but there is some concern about how Linehan will use him. JMHO.

1491760[/snapback]

Linehan has done some rather nice things for Randy Moss and last year Chris Chambers. While he could definitely have an impact on Shaun McDonald and Kevin Curtis, I see zero reason to assume that Holt has less impact. If an offense "shrinks" to a more conventional set up with less wideouts, that means those fewer wideouts get more passes (or at least as many). A more balanced attack makes the primary WR more valuable as well from the defense not loading up agianst him.

Seriously - Linehan's offenses were great for Randy Moss and even Chris Chambers after one season - why would it affect Holt differently when he is better than Chambers?

Add in Bulger is a good QB and Frerotte is there as a backup (who was the guy throwing to Chambers last year).

1491711[/snapback]

well...he's just getting older...not considered old, though and had his 1st injury plagued season on his knee I think...or ankle....this is bad because I had him last year...

it's about time to try and move for younger players....

1.05 - SJackson

2.08 - LFitzgerald

3.05 - WParker

1491683[/snapback]

Where did Cadillac go? Ronnie Brown? Reggie Wayne? Mind posting the whole first-few rounds?

I had Parker as my #2 last year, and it sucked to have Bettis steal what he did. I wont go that route again as I think that is just Pitts style. Parker would be a solid #2 if he were the sole back there. I just wont have him again because he didnt really pan out for me last year. That could always change now that Bus is gone.

1.05 - SJackson

2.08 - LFitzgerald

3.05 - WParker

1491683[/snapback]

Who went 1 threw 4 . I think you could have did better than Jackson at 5. But like I said I don't know who went 1 through 4.

Who went 1 threw 4 .  I think you could have did better than Jackson at 5. But like I said I don't know who went 1 through 4.

1492323[/snapback]

1.01 Johnson, Larry KCC RB

1.02 Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

1.03 Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

1.04 Portis, Clinton WAS RB

1.05 Jackson, Steven STL RB

1.06 James, Edgerrin ARI RB

1.07 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

1.08 Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

1.09 Williams, Carnell TBB RB

1.1 Jordan, Lamont OAK RB

1.11 Barber, Tiki NYG RB

1.12 McGahee, Willis BUF RB

2.01 Manning, Peyton IND QB

2.02 Davis, Domanick HOU RB

2.03 Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

2.04 Jones, Kevin DET RB

2.05 Dillon, Corey NEP RB

2.06 Smith, Steve CAR WR

2.07 Johnson, Chad CIN WR

2.08 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

2.09 Gates, Antonio SDC TE

2.1 Holt, Torry STL WR

2.11 Moss, Randy OAK WR

2.12 Jones, Julius DAL RB

3.01 Addai, Joseph IND RB

3.02 Palmer, Carson CIN QB

3.03 Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

3.04 Bush, Reggie NOS RB

3.05 Parker, Willie PIT RB

3.06 Owens, Terrell DAL WR

3.07 Taylor, Chester MIN RB

3.08 Harrison, Marvin IND WR

3.09 Ward, Hines PIT WR

3.1 Williams, Roy DET WR

3.11 Bell, Tatum DEN RB

3.12 Jones, Thomas CHI RB

4.01 Lewis, Jamal BAL RB

4.02 Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

4.03 Benson, Cedric CHI RB

4.04 Wayne, Reggie IND WR

4.05 Burress, Plaxico NYG WR

4.06 Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

4.07 Gore, Frank SFO RB

remember - this is a dynasty mock draft so future years count as much as current season.

Linehan has done some rather nice things for Randy Moss and last year Chris Chambers. While he could definitely have an impact on Shaun McDonald and Kevin Curtis, I see zero reason to assume that Holt has less impact. If an offense "shrinks" to a more conventional set up with less wideouts, that means those fewer wideouts get more passes (or at least as many). A more balanced attack makes the primary WR more valuable as well from the defense not loading up agianst him.

Seriously - Linehan's offenses were great for Randy Moss and even Chris Chambers after one season - why would it affect Holt differently when he is better than Chambers?

Add in Bulger is a good QB and Frerotte is there as a backup (who was the guy throwing to Chambers last year).

1492108[/snapback]

I think you make some good points here, especially about Linehan coaching Chambers. I guess some people are really overreacting about the perceived death of "The Greatest Show on Turf", myself included.

I think you make some good points here, especially about Linehan coaching Chambers.  I guess some people are really overreacting about the perceived death of "The Greatest Show on Turf", myself included.

1492348[/snapback]

Torry Holt - 88 receptions for 1200 yards and 8 - 10 tds