[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Offensive Line

spain

Nah, not a fishing expedition, and I know this is a thread about the Cowboys offensive line, but if you are going to, for some reason, state that the Eagles are declining, you will be called on the carpet for it.

And if you can't back it up, even better.

They were 6-10 last year without their starting QB or RB, a ridiculous situation with a ridiculous WR, the wrong guy playing OLB, and no help on the d-line opposite Kearse.

They have solved all those problems, so for you to say they are declining means you are intimating that they will be worse than their 6-10 record last year. And I am just wondering why....but I am glad you were amused by the question.

1493989[/snapback]

2. Philadelphia: If I'm an Eagles fan, I have some major concerns about this offense. It's starting to look a lot like it did back in the days before Terrell Owens blew into town. There isn't a receiver who really scares a defense. The running game isn't intimidating either, not when Brian Westbrook will be splitting carries with Ryan Moats and the oft-injured Correll Buckhalter. Even with a healthy Donovan McNabb back at quarterback, there are plenty of reasons to think that the best days of this perennial NFC contender have passed. One look at the competition in the NFC East -- where Washington, Dallas and the New York Giants have improved -- should cement that opinion

pasted from Irish's thread from SI.Sums it up pretty well I think. :D

2. Philadelphia: If I'm an Eagles fan, I have some major concerns about this offense. It's starting to look a lot like it did back in the days before Terrell Owens blew into town. There isn't a receiver who really scares a defense. The running game isn't intimidating either, not when Brian Westbrook will be splitting carries with Ryan Moats and the oft-injured Correll Buckhalter. Even with a healthy Donovan McNabb back at quarterback, there are plenty of reasons to think that the best days of this perennial NFC contender have passed. One look at the competition in the NFC East -- where Washington, Dallas and the New York Giants have improved -- should cement that opinion

pasted from Irish's thread from SI.Sums it up pretty well I think. :D

1495427[/snapback]

Agree with eveything there...lots of questions remain to be answered....will McNabb be healthy for the year, is the defense patched, etc...but that wasn't what was posted.

What was posted was that the Eagles "are declining". They were 6-10 last year, so for someone to intimate they are declining, they would have to do even worse than 6-10, and I stated my reasons why I think they will be better than that....8-8, 9-7, maybe 10-6. Not a Super Bowl champ, doubtful they are a division winner. Never stated Jabbar Gaffney was the "answer", but he is an improvement over what they had (which is a rather pitiful statement). I think this is what I posted regarding Gaffney:

"7. Added depth at WR with Gaffney"

But to state they are declining, means they will do worse than 6-10, and that ain't happening.

But I'd love to do a sig line bet with anyone who feels they will be 5-11 or worse.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Agree with eveything there...lots of questions remain to be answered....will McNabb be healthy for the year, is the defense patched, etc...but that wasn't what was posted.

What was posted was that the Eagles "are declining". They were 6-10 last year, so for someone to intimate they are declining, they would have to do even worse than 6-10, and I stated my reasons why I think they will be better than that....8-8, 9-7, maybe 10-6. Not a Super Bowl champ, doubtful they are a division winner. Never stated Jabbar Gaffney was the "answer", but he is an improvement over what they had (which is a rather pitiful statement). I think this is what I posted regarding Gaffney:

"7. Added depth at WR with Gaffney"

But to state they are declining, means they will do worse than 6-10, and that ain't happening.

But I'd love to do a sig line bet with anyone who feels they will be 5-11 or worse.

1497307[/snapback]

Well, they were in the NFC Championship game 3 years in a row. Last year was supposedly an aboration because of the TO mess. Eagles fans like you are of the opinion that the team is in great shape and will be back to where they were 2 years ago. I do not and that is why I said they were on the decline. They will need to blow the team up and start over within 2 years. This is a team with argueably the worst wr corps in the league. Westbrook scares nobody and cant stay healthy. McNabb is the most over-rated player in the league. How are they going to score any points again? And their defense isnt what it was a couple years ago. Combine all of those things with the fact tha the Cowboys, Giants, and Skins are all improved and getting better. The Eagles had a huge gap between themselves and the rest of the division for a few years. Now, the other 3 teams have passed the eagles by like they are standing still. The Eagles will be lucky to go 2-4 in their own division.

The start of their decline was the 6-10 record last year. I see a similar sort of record this year, and then even worse the next couple years. The Eagles window of opportunity was slammed shut by their own stupidity, TO, and the overall improvement of the rest of their division. The future looks bleaker than the south Philly ghetto for this typically moribund franchise. So, shut your pie hole dumbass...