[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Timmaaayyyy

DMD

My favorite player has run afoul of the law. Timmy Smith set the Superbowl record for rushing yards in 1988 (204 yards) which was basically the only really decent game he ever had. I believe he had drug problems the next year and left the league.

He is officially the "15 minutes of fame" poster boy

Timmy Smith gets 30-month sentence

Pleaded guilty on drug-deal charge

By Alicia Caldwell

Denver Post Staff Writer

Timmy Smith, a former Washington Redskins running back who helped beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XXII in 1988, was sentenced Friday to 30 months in federal prison for dealing cocaine.

Smith, 42, also was ordered to pay $88,000 in unpaid child support.

Chief U.S. District Judge Lewis Babcock ordered Smith, who is out on bail, to report to prison July 10.

Federal agents arrested Smith and his brother, Christopher Smith, last year after 20 ounces of cocaine worth $13,600 was handed off to an undercover agent in Greenwood Village.

Drug Enforcement Administration agents had recorded several drug deals involving the Smith brothers, according to court documents.

Smith was accused of working with his brother in selling cocaine to an informant eight times in 2005, according to a federal arrest affidavit.

In all, the Smith brothers were accused of selling nearly 1,318 grams of cocaine for a total of $31,150.

Both were charged with possession and distribution of cocaine.

But  according to negotiated plea agreements, each pleaded guilty to a single drug charge and the other charges were dropped.

Earlier this month, Christopher Smith was sentenced to five years' probation for aiding and abetting in distributing cocaine.

Smith, who was working at a Denver juvenile detention facility at the time of his arrest, set an NFL record in 1988 for the most rushing yards in a Super Bowl - 204 - in Washington's 42-10 victory over the Broncos.

My favorite player has run afoul of the law. Timmy Smith set the Superbowl record for rushing yards in 1988 (204 yards) which was basically the only really decent game he ever had. I believe he had drug problems the next year and left the league.

He is officially the "15 minutes of fame" poster boy

1492622[/snapback]

Smith, 42, also was ordered to pay $88,000 in unpaid child support.

That's not good. I'm not sure what kind of a father he was. Drugs I can forgive, but hoped he would be be more responsible with his own family.