[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy thinking big

Otis

Buccaneers | Williams wants to be the best

Tue, 30 May 2006 20:13:10 -0700

Martin Fennelly, of the Tampa Tribune, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Carnell Williams wants to be the best running back in the league. "I want to be that guy, best in the league," Williams said. "I want those rushing titles, championship titles, Pro Bowls. I want to catch the ball. I want to be the best there is." After the big start in 2005, and his nagging foot injury, he gained only 82 yards in four games. But he came on strong to finish with a team rookie record 1,178 yards. Then the playoff game: just 49 yards and that fumble. After last season's performance, it is clear his best days are ahead of him. The team is expected to improve the offensive line that Williams runs behind. He wishes training camp began today. "I dream big," Williams said. "I set my goals big. Just being the man. Just dominating. I've always been told if you're going to do anything in life, do it big. So that's what I'm chasing. If you don't dream big, why even dream? It's what I want."

Per KFFL

:D

Edited by Otis

This is per KFFL, correct? Give the credit dude...always give the credit. :D

Sounds like Caddy has the attitude and desire it takes to get it done. I sure hope so. I'm so tired of the "Caddy in the garage" or "in the shop" lines. :D He seemed to look more durable than Brown coming out, and able to take more of a pounding. Playing in the NFC South, it is necessary.

Edited by Hitman

I have the #1 pick in a few upcoming drafts as 2005 was a pretty bad year. If you were here last summer, you will probably agree that had something to do with being high on Boller. :D

Anyways, the biggest disappointment for me in those 3 leagues is that Williams is available in none of them. He'd be the #1 overall if he were.

He'll never be the best. McGahee claimed he was the best (which was taken out of context) and everyone jumped down his throat.

Ill be the first to jump down Caddy's....

He wont ever be the best, and he wont ever amount to anything more then a servicable, mediocre RB at best. Mark my words. :D

Edit to add: I know plenty of you will yell and scream how wrong I am, and thats fine. Its my opinion. :D

Edited by peepinmofo

It's not insane to expect VERY big years for both of the former Auburn backs. Caddy and Ronnie (without Hashy McBongF*cker in the way) could both be huge. Cadillac went at 1.10 in a recent mock I did (12 team re-draft) and I wouldn't be surprised if he climbed up to 1.8 by draft day, behind LJ, SA, LT, Edge, Portis, Tiki, maybe Rudi/Lamont.

what exactly did TB do to improve its OL?

i'm still concerned that:

1) Alstott will steal GL carries

2) Chris Simms doesn't really scare anyone enough to prevent 8-in-the-box

that said, as a Caddy owner in a dynasty league, i hope he becomes the best or 2nd best (I also own LJ)

He won't even be the best RB in his division. :D:D

Definately I can see a big year yardage-wise from him as well, but he will still have a hard time convincing Gruden to let him take on too many goal-line opportunities. Pittman will still get some carries & Alstott will still get the short-yardage deal.

You might want to look at my roster again.  Unfortunately, he might not be draftable.

:D

1493356[/snapback]

Yeah i see, but I might keep Anderson over him regardless.

He wont ever be the best, and he wont ever amount to anything more then a servicable, mediocre RB at best. Mark my words. :D

Edit to add: I know plenty of you will yell and scream how wrong I am, and thats fine. Its my opinion.  :D

1492980[/snapback]

Ok, since you live in Tampa and hate the Bucs we should desregaurd your opinion... :D

what exactly did TB do to improve its OL?

i'm still concerned that:

1) Alstott will steal GL carries

2) Chris Simms doesn't really scare anyone enough to prevent 8-in-the-box

1493254[/snapback]

What did TB do to improve the line? Drafted two OL's in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

Will Alstott steal GL carries? Who cares when Caddy will be breaking 60 yarders.

Does Chris Simms scare anyone to prevent 8-in-the-box? Ok, take a look at Galloways numbers and you tell me. ALso, he has one of the best deep balls in the league. One thing you cant knock him on is is arm.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Ok, since you live in Tampa and hate the Bucs we should desregaurd your opinion... :D

1493995[/snapback]

You know what I like about you...Youre not one of the typical Tampa fans who hates on me just because I dislike the Bucs.

Youre OK in my book. :D

Does Chris Simms scare anyone to prevent 8-in-the-box?  Ok, take a look at Galloways numbers and you tell me.  ALso, he has one of the best deep balls in the league.  One thing you cant knock him on is is arm.

1493996[/snapback]

The bulk of Galloway's #s came the first half of the season with Griese at the helm. Simms has a strong arm - but check out the anemic passing #s TB had the end of last season. I think several teams will put 8 in the box until Simms shows he can beat them consistently. He has that ability... but has to show the consistency.

I say that as a Longhorn and Simms fan - but one who was burned a few times as well.