[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy thinking big

Otis

The bulk of Galloway's #s came the first half of the season with Griese at the helm. 

1495558[/snapback]

Galloway only had 3 subpar games in the last half of the season (Weeks 10, 13, and 14). Simms didn't play worse toward the end of the season -- he got better. He finished the year with an 81 QB rating. Plus, TE Alex Smith was a rookie and Michael Clayton was playing hurt.

There's just no reason to expect the passing game to suffer next year. It might not be the Rams offense, but Gruden almost always runs effective passing attacks.

Galloway only had 3 subpar games in the last half of the season (Weeks 10, 13, and 14). Simms didn't play worse toward the end of the season -- he got better. He finished the year with an 81 QB rating. Plus, TE Alex Smith was a rookie and Michael Clayton was playing hurt.

There's just no reason to expect the passing game to suffer next year. It might not be the Rams offense, but Gruden almost always runs effective passing attacks.

1495584[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think many people are sleeping on Alex Smith. Look for him to be a solid fantasy TE.

1495584[/snapback]

I'm not saying I expect the Bucs passing game to suffer next season - but the statement was to "look at Galloway's numbers" to see if Simms scares people. To say that Galloway's last half of the season didn't fall off from the first is ridiculous. His last 7 games he averaged 61yds/game and had 3 TDs. The first 9 games of the year he averaged 96yds/game and had 7 TDs. I call that a pretty demonstrable difference. And say what you want about Simms playing better as the season wore on, but check out the #s (which is all that counts in the fantasy game): after starting off with 3 straight games over 250yds, he only did it once in his last 7 games. Those 7 games he averaged 166yds/gm, and totaled FIVE TDs, including 4 games out of 7 where he threw ZERO TDs, and 4 games where he threw for 143yds or LESS. That ain't zactly fantasy worthy imo.

I'm not saying I expect the Bucs passing game to suffer next season

1497045[/snapback]

Well, when we're talking about Cadillac Williams facing 8- or 9-man fronts next year, the efficiency of the passing game is very pertinent. If you don't expect it to suffer, then you should expect Caddy to have good running room.

Well, when we're talking about Cadillac Williams facing 8- or 9-man fronts next year, the efficiency of the passing game is very pertinent. If you don't expect it to suffer, then you should expect Caddy to have good running room.

1497269[/snapback]

Read my posts, Cheez. I expect Caddy to have a very good year (in fact, I just traded for him), and never said otherwise. You are the one throwing around broad statements - and the ones I dispute are about Simms getting so much better as the season progressed. I notice you didn't respond to the stats to that effect... probably b/c your argument is filled with Swiss-Cheezy-like holes.

I don't think the reason Caddy will have a good year is b/c Chris Simms puts the fear of God in defenses. I would love to see Simms succeed - and I think he will given time - but I think Ds will be geared more toward stopping the run than stopping the pass against TB, because Caddy is more difficult to stop than Simms... at least right now. Simms is a viable starting QB in the NFL, and imo will be better than Griese eventually - but I'm not yet convinced that is he better than Griese RIGHT NOW. I still think TB did the right thing in going with Simms, though, b/c he has the potential to be the QB there for a long time.

You are the one throwing around broad statements - and the ones I dispute are about Simms getting so much better as the season progressed.  I notice you didn't respond to the stats to that effect... probably b/c your argument is filled with Swiss-Cheezy-like holes.

1497349[/snapback]

Uhh, what? First of all, why are you disputing Simms getting better when you've said you believe he WILL be better? :D I didn't say "the passing yard stats will show how Simms got better." I said he GOT better as the year went on and FINISHED with a solid QB rating. My evidence was seeing him with my own two eyes. Also, with another offseason, he'll get even better still. Is that a "broad" statement? It seems pretty obvious to me.

I don't think the reason Caddy will have a good year is b/c Chris Simms puts the fear of God in defenses.  I would love to see Simms succeed - and I think he will given time - but I think Ds will be geared more toward stopping the run than stopping the pass against TB, because Caddy is more difficult to stop than Simms... at least right now.  Simms is a viable starting QB in the NFL, and imo will be better than Griese eventually - but I'm not yet convinced that is he better than Griese RIGHT NOW.  I still think TB did the right thing in going with Simms, though, b/c he has the potential to be the QB there for a long time.

1497349[/snapback]

All of this is barely relevant. Do I think Simms will put "the fear of God in defenses"? :D That's ridiculous. I don't think anybody does. The POINT of the statement that Jolly Rodgers originally made was that Simms has a good arm and a very good deep ball, which will be ENOUGH to keep defenses honest. Again -- not rocket science.

The thread is about Caddy. So, if you want to talk about Simms and the passing offense, then it should be in the context of how it will affect Caddy. You said Simms can't keep defenses from putting 8 in the box. I think he can. Why? 1) A healthy Clayton. 2) A more developed Alex Smith. 3) A full offseason as the #1 QB in Gruden's historically successful passing offense.

Stop arguing with me.

My opinion is Carnell will have an All-Pro career, and that the Fubbalo Bills will suck for at least the next 7 years. Good thing im not a Bills fan.

P.S. Your opinion is stupid, the guy looked great running the ball when healthy behind a porus O-Line with a novice QB and one of his top recieving weapons ailing (Clayton) and with a rookie TE often on the field, why dont you tell us why he will suck, instead of just saying he will be " mediocre".

Tampa should be 35% improved on offense, i rank Carnell as a Top 3 to 5 RB in keeper leagues, and a Top 5 to 10 RB in seasonal leagues. You want to see mediocre, look up the career stats of Thurman Thomas!

1497379[/snapback]

Ya Thurmans career wasnt all that great. Im not even gonna say anymore because obviously youre too stupid to talk to.

Jackoff...

Carnell pales in comparison to Thurman Thomas at this point. Time will tell what happens, but to make an idiotic statement like that is just, well, probably the stupidest thing youve ever said in your life.

Time will tell what happens, but to make an idiotic statement like that is just, well, probably the stupidest thing youve ever said in your life.

1497428[/snapback]

:D You obviously did not see any other of his posts as they are of also of this quality.

:D You obviously did not see any other of his posts as they are of also of this quality.

1497432[/snapback]

I figured only a true idiot would say anything like that. Ill have to check out some of his posts to get a good laugh. :D

Ya Thurmans career wasnt all that great. Im not even gonna say anymore because obviously youre too stupid to talk to.

Jackoff...

Your the Jackoff, Thurman Thomas was "Mr Average". He benefited from having a QB who called his own plays based on defensive allignments, Yet he still had medicore numbers. The Bills had several All-Pro's on offense, QB Jim Kelly, WR Andre Reed, O-lineman Kent Hull, Will Woolford, Ruben Brown, Howard Ballard and Jim Richter. The Bills were loaded with talent, the Buccaneers Offense sucks. So its funny to me you can say Carnell is medicore, had he been the featured back in Jim Kelly's offense, he could have had a Hall of Fame career.

Your hero Thurman Thomas had double digit rushing TD's ONCE in his career coming in with 11 rush TDs in 1990. Wow what a hero, 13 seasons in the league, and he scores 11 Rush TDs as a season high for his career, how MEDIOCRE. His career high for Total TDs in a season was 13 set the same season. Thomas had 4 seasons in a row with over 1000 yards with a 3.8 average or LESS. That defines mediocrity. I could go on forever about how scrubby Thurman Thomas was considering he played for the most elite offense of that era, but i wont, ill let your dumb ass think you know it all.

The next time you voice your moronic opinion about a RB, maybe you should actually look at whos around that RB on offense. The Buccaneers were junk on offense compared to half the teams in the league, yet as a dinged up rookie he rushed for over 1000 yards, quality numbers playing behind that crap O-Line with Chris Simms and Brian Griese behind center.

What a jackass you are ! ! ! !

1497995[/snapback]

So youre telling me Priest Holmes didnt have anyone around him? How about Emmitt? Hey jackass...EVERY great player has some form of greatness around them. The only player that comes to mind otherwise is Barry Sanders. SA, LJ both have had, argueably, the top 2 OLs in the league. Im not gonna sit here and bring up every player because the fact of the matter is, you just wanna hate on the Bills, and youre a Caddy owner.

Go play in traffic little boy...

From FoxSports.com:

Quote:

6. Chris Simms has a very bright future in the NFL.

And I really expect him to have a big 2006.

Simms has spent countless hours in the off-season working diligently with Jon Gruden and Paul Hackett on how to improve his game. And Rich Gannon, a master of Gruden's offense, has spent quality time with Simms.

I loved how Simms, with his toughness, big arm, and improved touch, played in big spots last year when he took over for Brian Griese, especially on the road in Atlanta and down the stretch of the playoff game against the Redskins. If Edell Sheppard actually caught the beautifully thrown ball from the young quarterback, Tampa was going to win that contest and the praise would be overflowing in the direction of Simms.

Additionally, I don't expect Joey Galloway to drop off. After a season of laziness, Michael Clayton got the memo and has rededicated himself. Second-year tight end Alex Smith had a productive 2005 and is going to be a major weapon this season. And I look for NFL-ready Maurice Stovall to contribute. Plus, it is never a bad thing for your quarterback when the organization rightly spends its first two draft picks on offensive linemen who will be given every opportunity to start.

I don't think the Bucs were a "flash in the pan" last season. And it's more than fair to expect bigger things out of their young QB.

Check it out at:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5657016

Saw this article and I thought some of you would be interested to see it. I guess we will have to wait till the season to see what happens.