[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New FF book

msaint

Guys, since the Huddle has always been a fantastic supporter of my FF book and of other members' endeavors these past couple years, I thought I'd give a little shout-out for Why Fantasy Football Matters (And Our Lives Do Not) by Erik Barmack and Max Handelman. Just finished a galley/review copy of it and it was very funny, and dead-on in terms of the obsession we all have for this sick, twisted, addictive hobby, and how it runs our lives. A fun read for anyone even remotely associated with FF.

Far as I'm concerned, anyone who takes the time to promote/write about/publicize FF -- and do it well -- deserves whatever props I can give, so for what it's worth, I highly recommend you check out this book when it hits stands.

:D

p.s. No, "Erik Barmack" and "Max Handelman" are NOT elaborately conceived pen names for Mark St. Amant. They're entirely different guys who've written an entirely different book. I am not getting a penny in royalties for spreading the word . . . unless, of course, I kidnap them both, force them at gunpoint to alter their living wills, and make me their sole heirs. It might come to that.

p.p.s. My second book, Just Kick It: Tales of an Underdog, Over-Age, Out-of-Place Semipro Football Player hits stores in October. I will be shamelessly pimping it here as the date approaches, of course . . . that is, until DMD/WW are forced to cancel my membership. And I'll be sure to let you guys know when I might in your town this fall for a reading/signing/book festival appearance, at which point I'll be gladly accepting donations to the MSaint Nationwide Free Beer Fund.

p.p.p.s. Maybe it's high time we start a Huddle Book Club?

p.p.p.p.s. Sorry. That was the single gheyest suggestion I've ever made.

Edited by msaint

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a galley copy of their book as well and as I mentioned in the other thread, it is a definite must read for the humor alone.

p.p.p.s. Maybe it's high time we start a Huddle Book Club?

1493042[/snapback]

I think a huddle book club is interesting and all but if we had members suggest what they are currently reading it would mainly be Playboy, Penthouse and X-box instruction manuals.

I think a huddle book club is interesting and all but if we had members suggest what they are currently reading it would mainly be Playboy, Penthouse and X-box instruction manuals.

1493202[/snapback]

EDIT to include: Beast love monthly, Midgets on ice, sewer humping and amputees need love too.

Edited by cliaz

1493202[/snapback]

Add the occasional Steinbeck and I'm in.

1493202[/snapback]

:D

Those nudie mags are way too upscale. Along with the ones Cliaz sugggested, we'd probably be looking at in-depth discussions of such fine pubs as D-Cup, Big Black Booty, Swank, Oui, and Nazi Chicks with Dicks.

1493202[/snapback]

Playboy has some interesting articles. :D

1493202[/snapback]

WTH is an instrukshun manuel anyway? :D

WTH is an instrukshun manuel anyway? :D

1493372[/snapback]

That is what is still rattling around the packing box when you are done putting together anything.

1493202[/snapback]

Some of us read the XBOX magazine, not just the instruction manual. :D

p.p.s. My second book, Just Kick It: Tales of an Underdog, Over-Age, Out-of-Place Semipro Football Player hits stores in October.aint Nationwide Free Beer Fund.

1493042[/snapback]

Hot dang....a sequel to Radio!

Your book was good reading. I will take your advice and order a copy of this book as well. After all, I'm doing alot of reading these days while lying on the sofa. :D

Your book was good reading. I will take your advice and order a copy of this book as well. After all, I'm doing alot of reading these days while lying on the sofa. :D

1493719[/snapback]

You injured or something, Chargerz?

1493202[/snapback]

Real Men don't read intruction manuals

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Guys:

Both Max and I are big time fantasy junkies, and are consistently on The Huddle (albeit, in lurking-don't-tell-other-managers-in-our-league mode).

And Mark, thanks so much for the kind words!

And finally, if anyone has any questions on the publishing world, ESPN (where I work), or the book itself -- drop me a line (through thehuddle.com email). I wrote a novel before this, and I always found the process mystifying until I somehow managed to hop, skip and jump through the system -- and then I just found the system painful and irritating.

At any rate, I'm around and thanks again for the props, Mark.

-E

:D Probably right, even though I just finished reading Freakanomics and Miles Gone By (Father's day gifts). Freak was pretty interesting, especially the stats that indicate the drop in crime corresponds with Roe v Wade essentially eliminating a whole bunch of potential criminals.

Book club for Huddlers? :D Could be a good thing.