[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New FF book

msaint

Gang:

I just wanted to let you know that we've launched a website around the book (www.whyfantasyfootballmatters.com), and the book will be coming out in early August. Again, hope all is well, and thanks, Mark, for starting this topic and for your kind words.

-E

Never trust anyone who doesn't love and appreciate the game of football, and especially fantasy football. This brings me to my next point; Erik, in my opinion you've gotta be one trustworthy guy! Anyone willing to dedicate so much energy and effort into Fantasy Football is a hero in my opinion. I just bought your book from B&N and look forward to reading it. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gang:

I just wanted to let you know that we've launched a website around the book (www.whyfantasyfootballmatters.com), and the book will be coming out in early August. Again, hope all is well, and thanks, Mark, for starting this topic and for your kind words.

-E

It's interesting to see you are a member of The Huddle...especially when you seem to take a modest slam at the site in Chapter 3 of your book. :D

"Draft Tools Used by the Overprepared Egghead"

1. Footballguys.com's Draft Dominator

2. TheHuddle.com's Blood, Sweat and Tiers

3. SportingNews.com's Fantasy Source and War Room

4. ESPN.com's Hector and Victor

5. MockDraftCentral.com's Composite RB list.

Bob:

Both Max and I are over-prepared eggheads. In a sense, we are dissing ourselves.

-E

It's interesting to see you are a member of The Huddle...especially when you seem to take a modest slam at the site in Chapter 3 of your book. :D

"Draft Tools Used by the Overprepared Egghead"

1. Footballguys.com's Draft Dominator

2. TheHuddle.com's Blood, Sweat and Tiers

3. SportingNews.com's Fantasy Source and War Room

4. ESPN.com's Hector and Victor

5. MockDraftCentral.com's Composite RB list.

Hey msaint, what is your new book about (I mean going beyond the what title says). Is it about fantasy football or something else?

P.S. Sorry if I missed this if you explained it in this thread previously. It's a long thread now and I'll give you a chance to promote the upcoming book once again. I too now understand the idea of mouths to feed...

Edited by TDFFFreak

Hey msaint, what is your new book about (I mean going beyond the what title says). Is it about fantasy football or something else?

P.S. Sorry if I missed this if you explained it in this thread previously. It's a long thread now and I'll give you a chance to promote the upcoming book once again. I too now understand the idea of mouths to feed...

TD, no, it's not about fantasy...I moved away from the computer/couch/cheat sheets for this one and actually took the field. :D

The Cliffs Notes version: it's sort of a Friday Night Lights-meets-Paper Lion look at semi-pro/minor league football, focusing on an inner-city team here in Boston, the Boston Panthers, as seen through the eyes of a relatively old & small (almost 40), definitely inexperienced (had never even put on a helmet before), totally out of place kicker (I'm as "suburban, prep school white boy" as they come and I joined a largely Afr. American/inner-city football team). I mean, kickers are outcasts to begin with, so I had more than one obstacle on my way to gaining respectability. :D

There's plenty of humor (I think so, anyway) so COMMITTED readers will enjoy it, I hope, but this one has more of a story than my 1st book, since I'm dealing with the lives of real people, chronicling one season at this level of football & discovering what football means to people and how the game ultimately fits into their lives -- lives that haven't been great, in many cases (death, prison, drugs, etc etc.).

No image/info up yet -- it's not released until October -- but you can pre-order here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074328675...ie=UTF8&s=books

TD, no, it's not about fantasy...I moved away from the computer/couch/cheat sheets for this one and actually took the field. :D

The Cliffs Notes version: it's sort of a Friday Night Lights-meets-Paper Lion look at semi-pro/minor league football, focusing on an inner-city team here in Boston, the Boston Panthers, as seen through the eyes of a relatively old & small (almost 40), definitely inexperienced (had never even put on a helmet before), totally out of place kicker (I'm as "suburban, prep school white boy" as they come and I joined a largely Afr. American/inner-city football team). I mean, kickers are outcasts to begin with, so I had more than one obstacle on my way to gaining respectability. :D

There's plenty of humor (I think so, anyway) so COMMITTED readers will enjoy it, I hope, but this one has more of a story than my 1st book, since I'm dealing with the lives of real people, chronicling one season at this level of football & discovering what football means to people and how the game ultimately fits into their lives -- lives that haven't been great, in many cases (death, prison, drugs, etc etc.).

No image/info up yet -- it's not released until October -- but you can pre-order here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074328675...ie=UTF8&s=books

Looking forward to it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I let let Eric and Max know that their book was awesome. I bought it when I saw this thread and finished 2 days later. It was very funny and it defintiely felt like I could fit right in to that league. I give you guys a lot of respect for that book. I am recommending it to everyone at my draft this saturday. Great work guys.

Just thought I let let Eric and Max know that their book was awesome. I bought it when I saw this thread and finished 2 days later. It was very funny and it defintiely felt like I could fit right in to that league. I give you guys a lot of respect for that book. I am recommending it to everyone at my draft this saturday. Great work guys.

Just picked up a copy at Borders yesterday ... looking forward to a great read this weekend! :D

Just picked up a copy at Borders yesterday ... looking forward to a great read this weekend! :D

Goldengrhm:

Thx for the props - very kind of you. We just tried to capture the essence of our league.

NoGohawk:

Thx for picking it up. Let me know what you think.

-E

I read it also and wish I could be as positive. Don't get me wrong...it was decent, but it left me wanting to reread Committed, Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie. I just thought Mark's book flowed better and was simply funnier. Maybe a few more agonizingly long email threads or unassociated top five lists. :D

msaint, thanx for the tip on the book "Why Fantasy Football Matters". I just finished reading it and it is excellent. Erik and Max have done a great job of describing almost every league that I have been in. If you love fantasy football (and if you are reading this, I am sure that you do.) This is a MUST READ!! :D

I think a huddle book club is interesting and all but if we had members suggest what they are currently reading it would mainly be Playboy, Penthouse and X-box instruction manuals.

You are supposed to read the instruction manuals??? No wonder my kid kills me in Madden.

msaint, thanx for the tip on the book "Why Fantasy Football Matters". I just finished reading it and it is excellent. Erik and Max have done a great job of describing almost every league that I have been in. If you love fantasy football (and if you are reading this, I am sure that you do.) This is a MUST READ!! :D

:D joined today and has 1 post? must be the author's agent...

Loogie and Youngbob, you are guys aren't looking at the big picture. I figured that if I posted on a thread and heaped well deserved praise that my cowardly backside would be able to avoid the Newbie Verbal Beatdown (NVB for short) that you regulars are so skilled at. I did read the book and my words were not paid for. I am a fantasy football dweeb, geek, and goof. The book is great, this site is even better, and obviously, you guys don't miss a thing. :D:D

Loogie and Youngbob, you are guys aren't looking at the big picture. I figured that if I posted on a thread and heaped well deserved praise that my cowardly backside would be able to avoid the Newbie Verbal Beatdown (NVB for short) that you regulars are so skilled at. I did read the book and my words were not paid for. I am a fantasy football dweeb, geek, and goof. The book is great, this site is even better, and obviously, you guys don't miss a thing. :D:D

did it just get uncomfortable in here?

Loogie, no offense intended. My girlfriend has used terms like "goof", "dweeb", and "geek" to describe my fantasy football escapades. She can't understand why, my being a Bills fan, I care about Benson's shoulder or whether or not CTaylor is gonna' get Minny's goalline totes. It was in no way intended to demean the followers of the Fantasy Football Gospel. I am a long time believer and will be buried with a copy of the Huddle's cheat sheet Rosary. :D