[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were GOD of the NFL

rbmcdonald

If you were the God of the NFL, how would you set-up the divisions? I have always wanted to see true Geographic regions. Do not really like the Texans division, but sacrifices have to be made. Anyway, Dallas and Houston playing each other twice a year, is not going to leave much animosity for anyone else.

49ers

Chargers

Raiders

Seahawks

Bears

Lions

Packers

Vikings

Bills

Giants

Jets

Patriots

Eagles

Panthers

Ravens

Redskins

Bucs

Dolphins

Jaguars

Saints

Chiefs

Falcons

Rams

Titans

Bengals

Browns

Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Cardinals

Cowboys

Texans

If you were the God of the NFL, how would you set-up the divisions?  I have always wanted to see true Geographic regions.  Do not really like the Texans division, but sacrifices have to be made.  Anyway, Dallas and Houston playing each other twice a year, is not going to leave much animosity for anyone else.

49ers

Chargers

Raiders

Seahawks

Bears

Lions

Packers

Vikings

Bills

Giants

Jets

Patriots

Eagles

Panthers

Ravens

Redskins

Bucs

Dolphins

Jaguars

Saints

Chiefs

Falcons

Rams

Titans

Bengals

Browns

Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Cardinals

Cowboys

Texans

1494507[/snapback]

Swap the Eagles & Colts

NorthEast Division:

Seahawks

Bears

Lions

Packers

Vikings

Bills

Giants

Jets

Patriots

Eagles

Panthers

Ravens

Redskins

Bucs

Dolphins

Jaguars

Saints

Chiefs

Falcons

Rams

Titans

Bengals

Browns

Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Cowboys

Texans

49ers

Chargers

Raiders

Cardinals

:D

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

I just wouldn't want to see the Jets and the Giants in the same division.  Either one could swap with the eagles, ravens, or redskins...but the eagles makes the most sense.

1494568[/snapback]

Don't you think that if the Jets and Giants were in the same Division, and played twice a year, it would be come a bitter rivelry? I am very removed from the situation, so I do not really know.

Swap the Eagles & Colts

1494529[/snapback]

Obviously I gave heavy weight to putting teams in the same state, in the same divison, but Pittsburg and Philidelphi are just so opposite. It is not like they are rivals, as much as they ignore each other. Again, this is an outsiders opinion, so I would love to hear what more Philly / Pitt people think.

Would be kind of fun to put the Ravens and the Browns in the same Division, but someone would get killed.

Obviously I gave heavy weight to putting teams in the same state, in the same divison, but Pittsburg and Philidelphi are just so opposite.  It is not like they are rivals, as much as they ignore each other.  Again, this is an outsiders opinion, so I would love to hear what more Philly / Pitt people think.

Would be kind of fun to put the Ravens and the Browns in the same Division, but someone would get killed.

1494709[/snapback]

Well, you'd be surprised, the Steelers and Eagles are still pretty big rivals. They just don't play each other much. If they were in the same division, they would be HUGH rivals.

As for putting the Ravens and Browns in the same division, wow, that would be CRAZY :D:D

NYJ

BUF

NE

MIA

PIT

IND

CLE

CIN

TEN

BAL

HOU

JAX

OAK

KC

DEN

SD

--

WAS

DAL

NYG

PHI

DET

MIN

GB

CHI

TB

SEA

AZ

CAR

SF

STL

NO

ATL

This "move around due to geography" is colossally stoopid. Keep things as aligned as possible with old rivalries/etc. Although ironically I disagree w/that w/my own team, the Colts. They're a perfect fit for AFC North, not friggin South. Colts have a storied past w/PIT and CLE. GDB putting them in the "misfit" division.

Course if I really were the "God" of the NFL, the Ravens and Texans would cease to exist, the Titans would go back to HOU and become the Oilers again, etc etc. Friggin domes would be phased out ASAP too.

Swap the Eagles & Colts

1494529[/snapback]

I agree with Meundo :D

There would be a bigger rivalry but they don't play each other enough.

Edited by Zooty

If I was God of the NFL the domes would be phased out too, along with all the Superbowl halftime shenanigans and pop-star jerkoffs representing the NFL throughout the season. I would also see to it that there was a team in LA! Pretty dumb to have teams in places such as Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc. etc. and not have one in one of our most populous city. What is LA the second biggest city next to New York? It can't be any lower than third below NY and Chicago.

I would also see to it that there was a team in LA!  Pretty dumb to have teams in places such as Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc. etc. and not have one in one of our most populous city.  What is LA the second biggest city next to New York?  It can't be any lower than third below NY and Chicago.

1497210[/snapback]

It has been shown that population base and fan base numbers don't correlate, and LA's percentage of football fans is lower that in many other areas.

I agree with Meundo  :D

There would be a bigger rivalry but they don't play each other enough.

1495417[/snapback]

It would be fun to get to beat up the birds a little more frequently.

The new Cards stadium will have a retractable roof, but some form of AC is mandatory for attendance when its 110 in Sept and even Oct sometimes.

1497757[/snapback]

Why is cold something you need not be protected from but heat is? When warm weather teams come to play in below zero weather they complain but Green Bay and Pittsburgh play in hot and humid Florida or hot and dry Arizona and there are no complaints. Why?

The teams and fans can handle it.

If you were the God of the NFL, how would you set-up the divisions? 

1494507[/snapback]

NFC:

Bears

Packers

Rams

Vikings

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles

Redskins

AFC:

Broncos

Seahawks

Colts

Patriots

Ravens

Bengals

Browns

Steelers

Teams contracted -- players from contracted teams redrafted. Each division winner makes the playoffs. No wild card. Dome stadiums eliminated. All games played on Sunday, at 1pm and 4:00 pm. Play everybody in your conference home and away. 14 game schedule, no Rosie O'Donnell bye week to extend TV Coverage. Superbowl rotates through all league locations. Season starts first weekend in September, Superbowl in January. Pro Bowl eliminated. Drug testing (steroids, other performance enhancing, and illegals) done on all players once a week. Second positive is a permanent lifetime ban.

Hey, remember -- "If someone asks you if you are a god, SAY YES!!" :D

I liked the idea of radical realignment when the NFL was reorganizing everything a few years ago. I know that some of the old rivalries would have been lost (Miami-Buffalo, Washington-Dallas), but I really liked the idea of creating some natural geographical rivalries (TB-Jax-Miami, STL-KC, etc.). The current divisions seem to be working well, but it would be interesting to see how a radical realignment would have panned out.

Oh, and the idea of getting rid of domes is idiotic. How is having the weather eliminate an efficient passing game "real football"? I'd rather see games decided by good plays and skill, not goofy crap caused by crappy weather.

Course if I really were the "God" of the NFL, the Ravens and Texans would cease to exist, the Titans would go back to HOU and become the Oilers again, etc etc.  Friggin domes would be phased out ASAP too.

1495397[/snapback]

If you will add, "and smit Bud Adams", you have my vote. How many votes does it take to make a God?

They already are in the same division. :D

1494733[/snapback]

Other people on this board could take a leason or two from Big John, on the appropriate way to handle it when someone makes a perfictly inoccent, while ridiculas mistake. :D