[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LIVE "Expert" Mock On Right Now

WJW

Interesting that the teams people like the most are in the top 3 - it just continues to seem to be such an advantage at least on the surface. Grab that flashy top RB and then with the #2 and #3 pick still can reach top tier QB, WR or TE.

Of course, anyone can mess up a good thing too...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that the teams people like the most are in the top 3 - it just continues to seem to be such an advantage at least on the surface. Grab that flashy top RB and then with the #2 and #3 pick still can reach top tier QB, WR or TE.

Of course, anyone can mess up a good thing too...

1495681[/snapback]

I was more impressed with the QB group he has and Gado/kevin jones could be a good value for him though I wouldn't have grabbed jones that early.

The only thing that I didn't really like was Todd Heap at 5.10... I see there was a mini run on TE's there, but I think Heap might have been a stretch in the 5th.

1496106[/snapback]

Seeing DMD's comments about McNair, I believe he might be worth the early pick. Heap has been a top TE with a horrible QB, what will he do with a better QB and one tat has looked to the TE often in his career.

Seeing DMD's comments about McNair,  I believe he might be worth the early pick.  Heap has been a top TE with a horrible QB, what will he do with a better QB and one tat has looked to the TE often in his career.

1496114[/snapback]

I think Heap will be an excellent TE this season, but I'm not sure that the dropoff between him and the other TE's just below him warrants a TE in the 5th. I can see grabbing the top two TE's early, but after that I'd prefer to wait. Just a personal preference though. Heap might turn out to be well worth it.

I think Heap will be an excellent TE this season, but I'm not sure that the dropoff between him and the other TE's just below him warrants a TE in the 5th.  I can see grabbing the top two TE's early, but after that I'd prefer to wait.  Just a personal preference though.  Heap might turn out to be well worth it.

1496150[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you and last year in the IBL I grabbed Heap early because I didn't like the drop off and that move combined with picking McNabb too early killed me. I won't let either happen again this year.

I like Heap quite a bit this year. With Boller he remains a Top 5 TE and if/when McNair (or even Kerry Collins for that matter) comes to BAL, I think Heap is a top 3 TE. At the 5.10 pick, Gates, Gonzo and Shockey were already gone and my top tier only has Heap and Crumpler in it. I did want a top tier TE so I was concerned with waiting any further. I could have waited until my 6.03 pick and still reached at least Crumpler if not Heap, but I did not want to take a chance since by the sixth round, the other positions are fairly drained and I already had a QB (I usually target my QB in the 6th this year).

Since we had 1 PPR to consider, I liked Heap much more than Crumpler.

DMD, do you think Williams takes over the starting RB spot from Foster prior to say week 8 or so?  Or do you think Williams starts the season splitting carries?  Just curious.

1496431[/snapback]

I think Foster is a dud and I believe Williams gets significant playing time. It will take Foster getting injured for Williams to be full-time, but that could be a week into the season.

I have no faith in Foster. Never have. Doubt I ever will. There is nothing he has done to suggest that he is up to being a primary starting back.

I think Foster is a dud and I believe Williams gets significant playing time. It will take Foster getting injured for Williams to be full-time, but that could be a week into the season.

I have no faith in Foster. Never have. Doubt I ever will. There is nothing he has done to suggest that he is up to being a primary starting back.

1496790[/snapback]

It's really a shame 'cuz Foster is deserving. I'm sure there are plenty of "good guys" in the NFL, but Foster is truly one of them. The amount of time/money he puts in here locally (grew up/played here) is incredible.

Who knows, maybe he'll get hurt - again - this year, take a year or 2 to really rehab hard and will be the featured back for LA's impending team. :D

1496790[/snapback]

Just to get things straight, you think Foster will be the starter until he gets hurt right?

Everyone that is slobbing Reggie Bushes knob needs to remember what Foster looked like when he was at UCLA. They are very similar in skill set.

Just to get things straight, you think Foster will be the starter until he gets hurt right?

Everyone that is slobbing Reggie Bushes knob needs to remember what Foster looked like when he was at UCLA.  They are very similar in skill set.

1496814[/snapback]

Barring a very big showing in training camp, there is no doubt to me that Foster enters the season as the starter and will hold onto it until either he is injured or Williams clearly outplays him (flip a coin on that one). As will become apparent in later material, Foster just has not been all that good of a RB (unless he is playing ATL). This is the same offense that had Stephen Davis look like a stud in the first half of last year.

I don't want to suggest that Williams is going to be an every-down back from week one because that is not likely. But at some point, I do expect him to take the starting job.

i can't believe you got Peyton at 3.10, how can people pass on a potential 50 passing TDs?  That's crazy.  He's worthy of a first round pick really.  Getting him in the second is a deal in my eyes.  I would pee myself if he fell to 3.10

1497167[/snapback]

When I saw him coming near me I kept telling myself he would be gone and not to be disappointed. I almost took him with me 2.03 pick.

i can't believe you got Peyton at 3.10, how can people pass on a potential 50 passing TDs?  That's crazy.  He's worthy of a first round pick really.  Getting him in the second is a deal in my eyes.  I would pee myself if he fell to 3.10

1497167[/snapback]

Exactly, what a fickle buch of short term memories some FF players have. How does he go to a consensus top 6 pick last year to 3.10?!?!?

Exactly, what a fickle buch of short term memories some FF players have.  How does he go to a consensus top 6 pick last year to 3.10?!?!?

1497330[/snapback]

Colts have a D now, but no Edge. I'm thinking 35 TD passes.

If I didn't know who participated in this mock, I would have never thought they were ecksperts. :D