[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall Faulk is fat

Fatman

Why is Marshall Faulk still with the Rams? That's an interesting question when you consider he hasn't taken part in the team's offseason program and word is he's once again a little pudgy. OK, chunky is more like it. Faulk was a pet of previous coach Mike Martz, which is why he was allowed to get away with not being in the best shape. The joke was that Faulk used to play golf to get into shape in the offseason. New coach Scott Linehan has made it clear that Steven Jackson will be the team's top running back. Word is some coaches and others in the organization wouldn't mind too much of Faulk simply decided to retire. But after all he has done for the organization, how can it simply just let him go? That could be a public relations disaster for the new staff. Still, don't expect Faulk to see much action. His time has come and gone in St. Louis. You would think he'd realize that and do something about it, especially from a conditioning standpoint. There are a lot of backs who take an active role in getting into shape when they get older. Faulk should be doing more of that and less golf if he's truly serious about playing. If the Rams had guts, they'd let him walk. Now that Martz is out the door, there's no reason not to do so.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9474135/2

Not that it's any revelation, but the important thing here is that Jackson will be the man, no matter what Linehan says about involving Faulk.

I know he used to smoke a lotta reefer at SD State. Hmmmmm. Anyhow, I dunno, I'm playing in Bryce Fisher's golf tournament next weekend, and Marshall is supposedly playing. I'll see if I can't give y'all an update.

I know he used to smoke a lotta reefer at SD State.  Hmmmmm.  Anyhow, I dunno, I'm playing in Bryce Fisher's golf tournament next weekend, and Marshall is supposedly playing.  I'll see if I can't give y'all an update.

1496805[/snapback]

We need photos. :D

Try tossing him a football too and see how he does.

Kind of funny how Fatman is posting about ah... well... a fat man. :D

Edited by irish

If Fatman says he's fat... :D

1497005[/snapback]

...than he definitely is. :D

Marshall has always been pudgy.  He never worked out.  Not sure why this is news now. . .

1497035[/snapback]

Because enquring Steven Jackson owners like myself want him to retire.

They interviewed him at the San Jose/Chicago Arena league game yesterday. It was hard to see how good of shape he was in from a sitting down interview but he didn't look any different then usual to me.

Now on the other hand, Ricky Williams has definitely lost weight.

I really don't see Faulk as any threat to any of SJ's numbers  :D

1498061[/snapback]

There were statements that Marshall would get some carries. Linnehan said he wanted him to play. Perhaps they would come from backup running backs, but maybe not.

I saw a CBS Sportsline article where they quote Linehan as saying he wants to get Faulk 10 touches per game.

Another CBS Sportsline article said the Rams Coaches want to get S Jax 20+ touches per game.

According to these CBS articles, it seems the Rams will become a new version of the Steelers, with a heavy run to pass ratio.

We shall see.

Kind of funny how Fatman is posting about ah... well... a fat man.  :D

1497001[/snapback]

If Fatman says he's fat... :D

1497005[/snapback]

...than he definitely is.  :D

1497007[/snapback]

<-----------Clearly the authority on the matter.