[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor skips mini-camp (june 2nd/3rd)

cliaz

Running back Fred Taylor will not participate in voluntary team practices between now and training camp in favor of working out independently in Miami, according to the Florida Times-Union.

Because the practices are voluntary, Taylor's actions shouldn't be construed as a holdout, but he is straining his relationship with Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio. Considering the team also has capable backs in Greg Jones and second round draft pick Maurice Drew on the roster, this certainly doesn't help Taylor's fantasy value.

Could you let us know where you get these tidbits? I'm just curious -- and I like when people cite their sources. :D

1497294[/snapback]

Orlando Sentinel

JACKSONVILLE -- Three players on Jacksonville's roster were missing Monday from the Jags' first day of passing camp.

Two had excused absences. Running back Fred Taylor didn't.

Two weeks after concluding the team's mandatory minicamp by impressing coaches with his trimmer body and quicker bursts, Taylor spurned this camp so he could continue his personal workouts and be with his family in South Florida.

"I've made my position clear," said Jags Coach Jack Del Rio, who has said he prefers every player go through offseason programs at the team's facility. "There are only certain things in this league you can make mandatory. So there we are."

Could you let us know where you get these tidbits? I'm just curious -- and I like when people cite their sources. :D

1497294[/snapback]

I just love surfing the net looking for football stuff :D

Edited by cliaz