[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interboard League

DocNiner52

Was surfing some of the other message boards and seen that the Huddle didn't fair too well in the Interboard Challenge last year. I'm sure finishing last was a fluke. There are certainly excellant fantasy football players on this site capable of winning the IBL as witnessed in years past. I know that the Huddle won 2 years in a row not long ago. Anyway, my point is if the Huddle is returning to the IBL this year I'd be interested in rejoining the Huddle and help them get back to the top. I know one of the reason's I left was there seemed to be a lot of trading going on between the drafts and I didn't care too much for it. Player in draft A would trade for picks in draft C and trade those picks for picks in draft D and so on, you get the picture. I'm not that adept or savvy at trading as some others in the challenge. I do recall however that the years I represented the Huddle I didn't do to bad without any trading. So, whoever is handling the commish duties this year for the Huddle I'd like to add my name for a spot if there's any openings. Let's show these other boards where the best fantasy players come from. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was surfing some of the other message boards and seen that the Huddle didn't fair too well in the Interboard Challenge last year.  I'm sure finishing last was a fluke. There are certainly excellant fantasy football players on this site capable of winning the IBL as witnessed in years past. I know that the Huddle won 2 years in a row not long ago. Anyway, my point is if the Huddle is returning to the IBL this year I'd be interested in rejoining the Huddle and help them get back to the top. I know one of the reason's I left was there seemed to be a lot of trading going on between the drafts and I didn't care too much for it.  Player in draft A would trade for picks in draft C and trade those  picks for picks in draft D and so on, you get the picture. I'm not that adept or savvy at trading as some others in the challenge. I do recall however that the years I represented the Huddle I didn't do to bad without any trading. So, whoever is handling the commish duties this year for the Huddle I'd like to add my name for a spot if there's any openings. Let's show these other boards where the best fantasy players come from. :D

1497382[/snapback]

One of the issues The Huddle has been lacking is communication and preparation prior to the draft. In talking with some of the guys from the winning boards the last 2 years they both had one thing in common. They both had discussion a month in advance regarding players they were targeting and players they wanted to shy away from. 2 years ago I was in the top 12...last year I flopped and want retribution. This year, however, I would like to see The Huddle team have some discussions prior to the draft and lets draft both individually and as a team.

It is what the other winning boards have done. We acted too much like an individual and not enough as a team.

Who took over for me as commish?

I don't remember. And for whatever reason, thehuddle has had some trouble (I wasn't around last year but was for all the other years) getting people to join the league. There were some people who I thought were excellent players who didn't want to join that league. Couple times I took people just to fill out the squad even though I didn't know their abilities. Turns out a couple were in over their heads.

Who took over for me as commish?

I don't remember. And for whatever reason, thehuddle has had some trouble (I wasn't around last year but was for all the other years) getting people to join the league. There were some people who I thought were excellent players who didn't want to join that league. Couple times I took people just to fill out the squad even though I didn't know their abilities. Turns out a couple were in over their heads.

1497471[/snapback]

What is there no Huddle pride? I watch the other boards and their dedicated posters are always vying for any openings on the IBL team. With all of the BOTH leagues and so many people willing to participate in a BoTH league we should be able to find dedicated owners who want to show the other boards that we are better then them when it comes to FF.

i was in 2 yrs ago and i think i finished in the top 10...but i dropped out last yr due to being so busy with my store...this yr IF you guys want me back I will GLADLY and PROUDLY represent the huddle

i know last year i wanted to join the IBL, but now i have other priorities that come before doing other FF leagues. if there is anything that i can contribute thought that does not deal with having a team, i would be willing to do so to help the huddle.

I believe it was Usual Suspects that was the Commish.

and ya, thehuddle had quite a number of new players last year and finished over 100 games out of 1st place. It takes big balls to play in this league, and usually takes about a year to get acclimated to the concept of playing for a team, instead of competing against each other.

Anyways, best of luck to thehuddle in 2006. We did win it the first 2 years, and there's been a drop off ever since I left the team. Probably just a coincidence. Though I did go to FantasySportsWire and win another championship. Which again, was probably just a coincidence.

i was in 2 yrs ago and i think i finished in the top 10...but i dropped out last yr due to being so busy with my store...this yr IF you guys want me back I will GLADLY and PROUDLY represent the huddle

1497480[/snapback]

Ditto. 2 years ago I was right up near the top, but dropped out due to lack of time. Probably don't have time again to rejoin, but good luck. It is really a fun league and I for one enjoyed the trading in and out of multiple drafts. You do need to invest the time though...

I might be the newbie on the block via post wise. But fantasy wise. I'm the TRUTH! But in too many leagues already. I will look into it next yr for sure I am dropping two of my leagues not enough going on in those league. But want to finish off this yr before I leave.

Anyways, best of luck to thehuddle in 2006. We did win it the first 2 years, and there's been a drop off ever since I left the team. Probably just a coincidence. Though I did go to FantasySportsWire and win another championship. Which again, was probably just a coincidence.

1497795[/snapback]

I'm positive it was a coincidence.

The difference in the teams is thehuddle goes begging and other boards have people lining up to compete.

And like said above, the make it a team effort. I think they walk a very fine line with some things but they don't go over it.

I'm positive it was a coincidence.

The difference in the teams is thehuddle goes begging and other boards have people lining up to compete.

And like said above, the make it a team effort. I think they walk a very fine line with some things but they don't go over it.

1498716[/snapback]

I was only involved last season, but I know for a fact that other boards came in far more prepared than us. I felt I had a decent draft, which included some real savvy trades IMO, but was bitten by the injury bug mid-season and couldn't recover.

We had some pretty good weeks, and we had some disasterous ones. Unfortunately, in the early-middle part of the season, we had a string of real bad weeks and couldn't catch back up come playoff seeding time.

I was only involved last season, but I know for a fact that other boards came in far more prepared than us.  I felt I had a decent draft, which included some real savvy trades IMO, but was bitten by the injury bug mid-season and couldn't recover. 

We had some pretty good weeks, and we had some disasterous ones.  Unfortunately, in the early-middle part of the season, we had a string of real bad weeks and couldn't catch back up come playoff seeding time.

1498853[/snapback]

That's because the other boards all get together many times prior to the real draft and set a game plan. They also help each other up to the point where it doesn't cross the line but it would be close. Lastly, if we trade amongst each other we can't be out to screw each other in our trades. Yes we act as individuals but we will not win as a team unless we act as a team and help each other.

I was only involved last season, but I know for a fact that other boards came in far more prepared than us.  I felt I had a decent draft, which included some real savvy trades IMO, but was bitten by the injury bug mid-season and couldn't recover. 

We had some pretty good weeks, and we had some disasterous ones.  Unfortunately, in the early-middle part of the season, we had a string of real bad weeks and couldn't catch back up come playoff seeding time.

1498853[/snapback]

The same went for me for the most part. I didn't do too much draft trading as I wanted to concentrate on getting a solid team and not start moving picks around and missing something. As of right now I have no problem committing to this league for a second year but if someone really wants in, I could move over.

I was only involved last season, but I know for a fact that other boards came in far more prepared than us. I felt I had a decent draft, which included some real savvy trades IMO, but was bitten by the injury bug mid-season and couldn't recover.

We had some pretty good weeks, and we had some disasterous ones. Unfortunately, in the early-middle part of the season, we had a string of real bad weeks and couldn't catch back up come playoff seeding time.

So why were you not prepared for the draft, and why did you volunteer to represent the huddle if you knew you were not prepared. :doah:

What was the FBGs side already full?

And if you are that busy, why dont you let someone take over your DW II and DW III teams.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Sgt. Ryan.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Sgt. Ryan

What was the FBGs side already full?

And if you are that busy, why dont you let someone take over your DW II and DW III teams.

lets see where do i start?

1. I am a huddler, do I frequent other sites and even post at other sites(not just FBG either) yeah I do.

The huddle is the ONLY site I pay for content at. The Huddle is who my loyalty is with and you wont be able to change that.

2. I said "WAS" busy...was equals past tense. The draft last yr WAS during the late summer months which is when construction was supposed to start, which is why I WAS to busy

3. I have no problem managing my DW2 and DW3 teams

4. If you cant add anything positive to the discussion then why do you bother to add anything at all?

Edited by keggerz

:D

Edit: Hey, that looks familiar :D

LMAO, and you both are sheeps, responding after you say you wont. Or just frauds for saying it in the first place knowing you will respond in the future. Either way I dont care enough about either of you to ignore you, as its more fun exposing you, like I make a habit of doing routinely.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Hey guys,

So I was the Head Commish of the IBL for the last couple of years. I am stepping down this year. Zach from FantasySportsWire will be assuming the Head Commish duties. Communication regarding this will be forthcoming.

Additionally, last year Usual Suspects was the Board Commish for theHuddle. He is also stepping down. He is actually dropping out of the league all together due to personal reasons.

That said, we are in need of a guy to lead theHuddle troups. I do not want to be that guy, but would still very much like to represent theHuddle in the league.

Preference should be given to someone that has already participated in the league in the past and is familiar with how it runs. More importantly though, it needs to be someone that can devote a little extra time into the league than the average owner and is able to work with Zach to ensure that the league runs smoothly. This person would be responsible for forming and comunicating with the group of people that will represent theHuddle and bring the trophy back to its rightful owners.

Tim

Buffalo Wings

Edited by Buffalo Wings