[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interboard League

DocNiner52

Storm, I don't understand your concern about team meetings. Actually we already do that. We have FF boards where we discuss things like players we like and players we don't like. I recall that last year the Huddle liked the chances of some tight ends over other boards. That is all reflected in the drafts.

It is no coincidence that some people are more active in the league than others. It is no coincidence that the more active owners will fare better than the ones that aren't. People, there are such things as free agency. Some people are active and some aren't. What do you think about this in the realm of things?

As for last year, One Huddler (Usual Suspect) had a better record than myself. However nobody scored more ff points. I had 1617 pts and Usual was next with 1518. There is such thing as bad luck and there is such thing as not working at it. I don't want anybody on the our team that's not trying to improve their position duyring the intire year.

Mike,

I was talking more about team discussions rather then just posting at the Huddle. Practice drafts, discussion of those practice drafts, full discussion on players we as a team like and dislike. We did this a little bit 2 years ago but really didn't do anything at all last year. I was killed by 3 things last year, injury, picking TE too early and picking QB too early. I will definitely not grab QB early again this year nor will I move up to grab a TE.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. If you cant add anything positive to the discussion then why do you bother to add anything at all?

Um, when someone represents our site in a league such as this, then tells us after the fact, they were not prepared for the draft, that is a reflection of us all to other boards. If questioning why someone does that isnt positive forgive me. I know injuries and things happen, but to say you were not prepared, that is just unexcusable. that is like saying this or that league doesnt matter. If it doesnt matter, then why are you in it.

Mike,

I was talking more about team discussions rather then just posting at the Huddle. Practice drafts, discussion of those practice drafts, full discussion on players we as a team like and dislike. We did this a little bit 2 years ago but really didn't do anything at all last year. I was killed by 3 things last year, injury, picking TE too early and picking QB too early. I will definitely not grab QB early again this year nor will I move up to grab a TE.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I was told when this thing was gearing up that there was a great deal of "inter-board" strategy... and we never really strategized much. Sure, once the league was up and running, I was in constant contact with the involved Huddlers to make some deals happen, but there probably should have been some more intensive discussion PRE-draft.

I, too, was bit by the injury bug early and often. And I may have gone QB/TE a tad too early, too.

Um, when someone represents our site in a league such as this, then tells us after the fact, they were not prepared for the draft, that is a reflection of us all to other boards. If questioning why someone does that isnt positive forgive me. I know injuries and things happen, but to say you were not prepared, that is just unexcusable. that is like saying this or that league doesnt matter. If it doesnt matter, then why are you in it.

I was responding to your attack on me and asking if FBGs was full and you took a jab at trying to get me to

quit DWII and DWIII again and thats not gonna happen...but i guess I better knock it off or you might change my password at MFL again :D

I was just saying that you get what you pay for. (even when it's free!)

Usual Suspects had 52 transactions and I had 29 last year. Usual finished with the best record and I had the 2nd best. I'm not saying that I don't want to do better than last year for myself because I do. There's room for improvement from all. Some Huddler's couldn' find it to pick up a single FA player last year. There's talk and then there's action.

Standing around singing Kumbaya doesn't do it for me. :doah:

Edited by MikesVikes

I was just saying that you get what you pay for. (even when it's free!)

Usual Suspects had 52 transactions and I had 29 last year. Usual finished with the best record and I had the 2nd best. I'm not saying that I don't want to do better than last year for myself because I do. There's room for improvement from all. Some Huddler's couldn' find it to pick up a single FA player last year. There's talk and then there's action.

Standing around singing Kumbaya doesn't do it for me. :doah:

This year if I have an injured player you all need to tell me to trade them when I have the chance. I held onto McNabb way too long and had some decent offers in the interim. No matter how bad I was I still made pickups even in December.

Sarge, I'm pretty sure that Darin3 was commenting on the general preparedness of the Huddle reps as a whole, not himself specifically. I believe he is just echoing the sentiments from StormChasers that there was not enough predraft communication amongst the Huddle reps to help all of them prepare better for the drafts. At least that's how I read his comments.

Sarge, I'm pretty sure that Darin3 was commenting on the general preparedness of the Huddle reps as a whole, not himself specifically. I believe he is just echoing the sentiments from StormChasers that there was not enough predraft communication amongst the Huddle reps to help all of them prepare better for the drafts. At least that's how I read his comments.

Wow, there ARE people here with reading comprehension beyond the third grade level. :D

You obviously dont know darin very well. Dude is a legend in his own mind, and is a fantasy victim year in year out in every league he is in. He tried telling us today in baseball after he lost his only decent offensive weapon he has more important things in his life than fantasy sports. Who doesnt, but coming from Darin who plays in BOTH fantasy football, baseball, hockey, basketball and I hear Nascar leagues, and has 15000 posts in less than 2 yrs which averages out to roughly 25 a day. Sorry, but this dude was not echoing the sentiments of Storm Chasers, he was making yet another excuse for a bad draft, to try and save face. Just ask anyone who has played in any league with him in any sport, its the same thing in every league. Sorry, but those are just the facts.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

You obviously dont know darin very well. Dude is a legend in his own mind, and is a fantasy victim year in year out in every league he is in. He tried telling us today in baseball after he lost his only decent offensive weapon he has more important things in his live than fantasy sports. dude plays in BOTH football, baseball, hockey, basketball and I hear Nascar leagues. he has 15000 posts in less than 2 yrs which what averages out to roughly 25 a day. Sorry, but this dude was not echoing the sentiments of Storm Chasers, he was making yet another excuse for a bad draft, to try and save face. Just ask anyone who has played in any league with him in any sport, if he has a clue. Sorry, but those are just the facts.

You are right, I don't know Darin beyond the contributions I have seen him make on this board. I haven't played in a league with him as yet. I also don't purport to be any semblance of an expert, so I can't comment on his fantasy acumen. Regardless, I stand by my interpretation of his post. I did not see any singular excuses being made, just commentary on the entire Huddle representation....

Week 13 Braylon Edwards is on a roster of 4 Huddlers and 1 non-Huddler. Week 14 he's on IR. Me and the non-Huddler drop him from the rosters. He remains on the roster of 3 Huddlers for the remainder of the season.

Tell me how a team meeting helps this out.

"Huddle up guys! I think Edwards is done for the year, do you think we should drop him?"

"Gee, I don't know. Let's wait for the team meeting and we'll decide then."

:D

You might have me on a bad day, but every owner has to be responsible for his own team. Have the Final say on their own team. I don't want a consensus on what I should do on my team. If somebody else has a different opinion, that's fine. I feel like I'm capable of studying for the test on my own and feel more comfortable with it as well. That's just me.

I think you're missing the point of those that were saying that there was a lack of communication. Personally, I think there wasn't enough communication/strategizing PRE-draft... while it appears that other boards perhaps did get together to strategize.

Obviously, in-season communication is what it is. And as far as I know, that form of communication was fine (although we were not given a forum whereby we could chat about league-related items.

LMAO, and you both are sheeps, responding after you say you wont. Or just frauds for saying it in the first place knowing you will respond in the future. Either way I dont care enough about either of you to ignore you, as its more fun exposing you, like I make a habit of doing routinely.

Always making new friends aren't we Brent?

I think you're missing the point of those that were saying that there was a lack of communication. Personally, I think there wasn't enough communication/strategizing PRE-draft... while it appears that other boards perhaps did get together to strategize.

Obviously, in-season communication is what it is. And as far as I know, that form of communication was fine (although we were not given a forum whereby we could chat about league-related items.

I'm not missing the point. I have reading comprehension. I sent everyone in the league information that I had such as a spread sheet of the the five draft results from the previous season. I also gave out other info regarding the values of draft choices that you may have trade offers for.

There is a point where you actually need to do something with your teams. We didn't. They did. We lose. They win.

I took offense of someone asking me where the Huddle pride is. I didn't see any pride from those asking.

Comprendy?

I guess I'll be the one playing the role of smashing the blackboard at halftime when things aren't going so good. Just call me Carl Eller.

Edited by MikesVikes

Last year was a f'd up season. Injuries were abnormaly high. I know on my team I think something like 3 of the first 6 guys I drafted ended up on the IR. Another one of the first six missed five games. Sh*t happens, and when it happens like that, it doesn't matter what you try to do trade / waiver wise, you aren't going to be too competitive.

Last year was a f'd up season. Injuries were abnormaly high. I know on my team I think something like 3 of the first 6 guys I drafted ended up on the IR. Another one of the first six missed five games. Sh*t happens, and when it happens like that, it doesn't matter what you try to do trade / waiver wise, you aren't going to be too competitive.

That happens. It happened to me before. That doesn't explain away no attempt to improve your team during the season. If we had some owners that were down on their luck during the season, than those same people would get first chance at new players in FA. Only the more active owners with better records were still able to grab the new players however.

I doubt it matters much how much pre strategizing boards do. Each of those drafts play out differently. Trading is a hugh part of that league. You need to be confident to get in there and work trades.

I'm standing by what I said before. The other boards (well, except for the warroom) have waiting lists to play in this league. Last year was the only year so not sure about that year, but other then the first couple of years (when we won it both years) we've struggled to fill the roster with people willing to do it.

I'm not missing the point. I have reading comprehension. I sent everyone in the league information that I had such as a spread sheet of the the five draft results from the previous season. I also gave out other info regarding the values of draft choices that you may have trade offers for.

There is a point where you actually need to do something with your teams. We didn't. They did. We lose. They win.

I took offense of someone asking me where the Huddle pride is. I didn't see any pride from those asking.

Comprendy?

I guess I'll be the one playing the role of smashing the blackboard at halftime when things aren't going so good. Just call me Carl Eller.

I agree 100%.

I doubt it matters much how much pre strategizing boards do. Each of those drafts play out differently. Trading is a hugh part of that league. You need to be confident to get in there and work trades.

I'm standing by what I said before. The other boards (well, except for the warroom) have waiting lists to play in this league. Last year was the only year so not sure about that year, but other then the first couple of years (when we won it both years) we've struggled to fill the roster with people willing to do it.

:D i was told that a great deal of the level of success in the league was directly tied to pre-draft strategy as a board... perhaps i was misinformed

I agree 100%.

:D i was told that a great deal of the level of success in the league was directly tied to pre-draft strategy as a board... perhaps i was misinformed

We never had pre draft strategy before and did fine. Getting input from others on things can help but you still have to be able to manage your own team. And yes, that means putting in waivers et cetera.

That happens. It happened to me before. That doesn't explain away no attempt to improve your team during the season. If we had some owners that were down on their luck during the season, than those same people would get first chance at new players in FA. Only the more active owners with better records were still able to grab the new players however.

You can get down off your high horse and kiss my ass. I made 16 waiver requests, and most of them were multiple rounds. I also had two trades. I looked back, and of the guys I started in week 1, only 4 remained on my team. At one point during the season, I had 7 players that were out due to injury. That doesn't leave a whole lot to trade with. I don't remember a single PM, email or post from you with any suggestions. I don't care about you giving me crap, because it is totally unfounded, however unless you said something to them at the time, it is pretty chicken sh*t of you to slam them now. I think you are trying to make yourself look good, but you are making yourself look like an ass.

This is like a bad movie that won't go away.

We sucked last year. we sucked the year before. And before a single player gets injured this season we are going to suck again if we (The Huddle contingency) keep dead weight on our rosters. I'm willing to reveal this and it's only June. June, when it's time to talk a good game.

Perch, had injuries on his team. He did try to improve it along the way. Nothing wrong with that. I've seen teams with bad records one year do the best the next. That's because this is a competitive league. Everybody is glad to walk all over the guy with the nasty luck.

I got burnt with Jamal Lewis the first year in the league but the next year the championship was mine to lose. I think that everyone deserves another chance to kick some butt again.

Edited by MikesVikes