[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Mock I'm in, Pick 1.03

cliaz

This one isn't as bad as the other one. No TE required: 1/2/2-3/1/1

Standard performance scoring

RB Shaun Alexander SEA 1.03

WR Marvin Harrison IND 2.10

RB Jamal Lewis BAL 3.03

RB Willie Parker PIT 4.10

WR Javon Walker GBP 5.03

This one isn't as bad as the other one.  No TE required: 1/2/2-3/1/1

RB  Shaun Alexander  SEA        1.03 

WR  Marvin Harrison    IND        2.10   

RB  Jamal Lewis              BAL  3.03   

RB  Willie Parker              PIT    4.10   

WR  Javon Walker            GBP        5.03

1498124[/snapback]

You picked 3 RBs before your 2nd WR? Guess you had to do that after picking Jamal Lewis... :D

In our leagues actual draft I had third pick, and it was very similar

1.03 - Shaun Alexander

2.10 - Chad Johnson

3.03 - Willie Parker

4.10 - Javon Walker

5.03 - Matt Hasslebeck

RBs went quick in ours, Parker was the last "for sure" starter left at 3.03.

Edited by kpholmes

So is everyone confident that Walker is even going to be put up #1 WR #'s in Denver?

EDA: Don't WRs kind of suck statistically their first year on a new team. Seems like he is going kind of high to me.

Edited by bushwacked

1498124[/snapback]

Where did Driver go? I've been tracking he and Walker lately.

I love getting Shaun Alexander at three. I am actually thinking of making him my number one. I know the world is going to go LJ then LT but right here right now I think I would be in the SA camp.

1.03 is looking like a pretty good spot to draft from. One of LJ, LT, SA then a top WR with another decent starting RB with the top three picks. Add another top WR at 4.10 or even a great QB if one happens to fall and that is looking like a great spot to draft from this year.

1498124[/snapback]

That high pick makes a big difference, doesn't it? I think that's a very solid team. I also think Lewis' production will turn out to be a bargain for a 3rd round pick and Walker has the potential to be this year's Steve Smith. Not so much in terms of stats, but in terms of being a guy that a lot of owners shy away from because of a prior year injury only to see him outproduce at least half of the WRs taken before him.

Don't WRs kind of suck statistically their first year on a new team.

1498169[/snapback]

Ask Mini Moss what he thinks about your statement that WR's suck statistically their first year on a new team.

Ask Mini Moss what he thinks about your statement that WR's suck statistically their first year on a new team.

1498270[/snapback]

:D

There are exceptions to every rule and I was basically looking for statistically supported trend that I'd thought I've seen someone post here before. And TO would be a better counter example than Mini Moss.

This just helps to keep illustrating that the top 3 positions are going to rock this season, while the rest are going to need savy owners to take some chances and make some really good deep picks later in the draft.

Walker is a terrible early pick IMO.  I wouldn't consider him off an ACL on a new team until round 9 or so.

1498532[/snapback]

I disagree.

The size of the contract Denver gave him, they must be 100% sure on his recovery.

1498270[/snapback]

:D

Or you could ask the guy he was traded for, Laverneus Coles. Or you could ask the original Moss. Or you could ask Muhsin Muhammad. And so on.

The original theory of avoiding WRs in their first year on a new team has been around for awhile. I'm not sure if I necessarily subscribe to that theory or not, but identifying one exception to the rule does not mean the rule is no good by any means.

I disagree.

The size of the contract Denver gave him, they must be 100% sure on his recovery.

1498896[/snapback]

Good point, but undergoing the first year with Jake "bootleg and dink it 5 yards every pass play" Plummer and being opposite Rod "security blanket" Smith doesn't get me near as excited as him being an undisputed #1 under Favre.

Good point, but undergoing the first year with Jake "bootleg and dink it 5 yards every pass play" Plummer and being opposite Rod "security blanket" Smith doesn't get me near as excited as him being an undisputed #1 under Favre.

1499127[/snapback]

Plummer has had to dink it because their fastest player is Ashley Lelie...

Rod Smith is a good WR, but he's past his prime, and he's slow.

I guarentee you, you will see a lot more "bootleg and dink it 25 yards every pass play" now that Walker is there.

Thanks to SpinalTapp...

Today, we salute you Mr. Three Running Back Drafter.

(High-pitched singer): Mister Three Running Back Dra-af-ter!

(Deep voice): You believe in drafting your third back, before getting your first wide receiver.

(HPS) Gotta be ready for the bye weeks.

(HPS) Mister Three Running Back Dra-af-ter!

(DV) You make it miserable for the rest of us, because you just keep drafting backs.

(HPS) Gonna use them all as trade bait.

(DV) So here's to you, Mr. Three Running Back Drafter. You'll never get burned by taking Terrell Owens, because you're too busy drafting Tatum Bell.

(Fantasy Source website, St. Louis, Missouri.)

Edit: OK so maybe not before your first WR... but had to utilize ST's funny post somehow. :D

Edited by darin3