[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints/Patriots Trade

myhousekey

:D so?

If I remember the story correctly, he was in the Saints dog house for his weight problems. He was even made inactive for a few games because of this. Yet he decided to raid the media buffet table for as many cheeseburger's he could carry. That went over real well.

If I remember the story correctly, he was in the Saints dog house for his weight problems. He was even made inactive for a few games because of this. Yet he decided to raid the media buffet table for as many cheeseburger's he could carry. That went over real well.

I think this was during a MNF game as well. The announcers were the one's who blew the whistle IIRC. :doah:

Edited by rajncajn

To think we could have had Barnett and another 1st rounder that year if we had not traded up still pisses me off. They could have had Trufant as well after the move.

I think he has a better shot mostly because he's not coming out of Spurriers offense. That's still not to say he won't flop.

Trufant was the one I wish they would have drafted.

Its amusing that trading a former 2nd round WR who turned out to be a bust has somehow made this year's 2nd round WR pick so much more attractive....

It more amusing that this trade has gotten so much attention. :sheep:

Surely no other team is carrying 14 WR's right now on their roster. I've got to hope we are going to try and trade one (some) of these guys.

Saints current WR's

Joe Horn

Donte Stallworth

Devery Henderson

Derrius Thompson

Nate Poole

Mike Hass

Levon Thomas

Bethel Johnson

Chris Horn

Jamal Jones

Michael Lewis

Chase Lyman

Lance Moore

Marques Colston

and that doesn't even take into account the pass catching RB's and TE's.

Surely no other team is carrying 14 WR's right now on their roster. I've got to hope we are going to try and trade one (some) of these guys.

Saints current WR's

Joe Horn stays

Donte Stallworth possible trade

Devery Henderson possible trade

Derrius Thompsoncut

Nate Poolecut

Mike Hass stays

Levon Thomascut

Bethel Johnson trade/cut

Chris Hornpossible trade

Jamal Jonescut

Michael Lewispossible trade

Chase Lyman stays

Lance Moorecut

Marques Colstoncut

and that doesn't even take into account the pass catching RB's and TE's.

I doubt they keep more than 5 on the active roster. If Chris Horn, Stallworth or Henderson don't get traded then I think Lewis will be cut. Out of the "possible trade" guys I think we will lose only one & the rest will make the roster. Edited by rajncajn

....whereas sullivan was underachieving in new orleans...i mean if sullivan was playing in philly or dallas and was doing the same stuff...id say hes probably hopeless....but hes salvageable considering he came from new orleans/haslett regime

total b.s. He had a chance to wipe the slate clean with a totally new coaching staff coming in. What does he do ? Doesn't participate in any of the OTA's, shows up overweight for minicamp, and tops it off by being late for one of the minicamp sessions. The guy is a chronic underachiever who was the second most fined player (over $250,000) on the team over the past 2 years. To say Sullivan is salvageable because of Haslett is simply laughable and totally ignorant of anything approaching the truth.

Its amusing that trading a former 2nd round WR who turned out to be a bust has somehow made this year's 2nd round WR pick so much more attractive....

My thoughts exactly. And in 2 yrs we will be saying the same thing about this Flordia WR as all the rest.