[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Tasting Beers

Sweetlips

But I know piss when I taste it and... BINGO...it's the misuse of hops that do it. :D

I can agree with the misuse of hops part. I love hops. However, that doesn't mean that they need to jump up and smack you in the head to be enjoyed. Likewise, I enjoy the taste of nutiness from roasted barley, or the slightly bitter taste of chocolate malt in a dry stout. BALANCE is the key to the use on any ingredient.

I like all beers, including heinecan, moose piss, hamms, PBR, etc. I just like some more then others. :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 selling imported beer is Heineken. Has been for years and years. Which means anyone whom drinks it is wrong, right?

Corona is running up its tail like nobody's business, though, and that is ALSO piss water. Heck, even the MEXICANS don't drink it. :D

Any BarleyWine

I go to the GABF (Great American Beer Fest) every year in Denver and end up drinking so may piss beers.

Barley Wine is by far one fo the worst ever!

We need to start a list of breweries to avoid at GABF. This will be my first year there. I'm really looking forward to it.

I agree that there are plenty of bad beers out there. But what gets me is the number of "beer snobs" that we have now a days. Beer just used to be something everyone drank to get their buzz on. It brought us all together from every social strata. No value judgements were made by the type of beer a man drank. He just drank whatever was available or en vogue with his particular group. And all was right with the world.

But now, "beer snobs" use beer as a way to divide us. Sort of how Furd uses watches to determine who is and who isnt someone to assoicate with. The beer snobs have taken this micro-brewery thing to the nth degree. If you arent well versed in the Lagers and Pale Ales, well you simply arent cultured and refined. And God forbid if you should actually like an American beer that advertises on tv. That is the lowest of the low to the beer snobs among us. You know who you are so dont sit there reading this with that condescending smirk on your face.

Hey dikwads! Its f'n beer! Thats all it is. I drink copious amounts of the stuff. But I dont get my self worth out of the type of beer I drink or proving I have more beer knowledge than some poor basturd at the end of the bar sipping on a Bapst Blue Ribbon. For christsakes it is beer. It should be one of the binding forces in society that brings us together as a nation. Stop acting like some blue bloods simply because you have found some particularly obscure hoppy horse piss from Lichtenstien.

Edited by spain

They still make 'Natural Light?"

Don't know if they still make it, but it is the worst beer I have ever consumed.

I agree that there are plenty of bad beers out there. But what gets me is the number of "beer snobs" that we have now a days. Beer just used to be something everyone drank to get their buzz on. It brought us all together from every social strata. No value judgements were made by the type of beer a man drank. He just drank whatever was available or en vogue with his particular group. And all was right with the world.

But now, "beer snobs" use beer as a way to divide us. Sort of how Furd uses watches to determine who is and who isnt someone to assoicate with. The beer snobs have taken this micro-brewery thing to the nth degree. If you arent well versed in the Lagers and Pale Ales, well you simply arent cultured and refined. And God forbid if you should actually like an American beer that advertises on tv. That is the lowest of the low to the beer snobs among us. You know who you are so dont sit there reading this with that condescending smirk on your face.

Hey dikwads! Its f'n beer! Thats all it is. I drink copious amounts of the stuff. But I dont get my self worth out of the type of beer I drink or proving I have more beer knowledge than some poor basturd at the end of the bar sipping on a Bapst Blue Ribbon. For christsakes it is beer. It should be one of the binding forces in society that brings us together as a nation. Stop acting like some blue bloods simply because you have found some particularly obscure hoppy horse piss from Lichtenstien.

Perhaps we should have a Best Beer thread. My preference is "free" beer. :D

Edited by The Holy Roller

I'm beginning to think anything in a green bottle is crap. Heineken, Rolling Rock, Mickey's, Little Kings, Genny Cream Ale, etc. :D

You are correct sir. Green Bottles and Clear bottles let more light into the beer and the UV radiation reacts with the Hops causing an increase in mercaptin (skunk). AND the hoppier your beer is the more prone to skunk it is.

and for the record Boddingtons is NOT crap beer

Any BarleyWine

I go to the GABF (Great American Beer Fest) every year in Denver and end up drinking so may piss beers.

Barley Wine is by far one fo the worst ever!

Blasphemy. Barleywine is not a beer you want to drink at a beer festival. It's more like a scotch or a desert drink. Bigfoot Barleywine by Sierra Nevada is a commerial brew that is great.