[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Tasting Beers

Sweetlips

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They still make 'Natural Light?"

I can't BELIEVE it took this long for someone to bring up Natty Light! That stuff was completely horrible. My sophomore year in college, I went in blind and got this freshman from one of the few hoity-toity areas around Lansing. He and his preppy moron friends would all chip in on a 30 of Natty Ice and then attempt to get drunk. Most of them could barely stomach it, and I kept telling them they were fools . . . but no, we've got to get drunk. :D:D As if you couldn't get just as drunk, minus the nasty with a fifth of Jack and a couple two-liters of Coke. Criminy.

Peace

policy

Short story:

Whoopazz meets pretty blond girl. We go out, I drive her home, she invites me in.

I settle on sofa. Girl says "want a beer?" I say "sure".

Girl goes to kitchen, returns with a brown bottle with plain white label indicating "BEER".

I hesitate, then indulge. :D Between gasps, I excuse myself for the old "must get up early for work".

Whoopazz never sees said girl again.

Generic beer? :D

Edited by whoopazz

I grew up on Natty Light in high school, that and schaeffers. :D

OK, here's my shaeffer story. Absolutely true.

When I was in HS, my sister and I both worked weekends at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk Amusement park. We had to be there somewhat early (8am or so) and as everybody from the area knows, it's always overcast until around noon in the summer time. At any rate, we're walking on the sidewalk just above the main beach and there's these two enormous women sitting in beach chairs in their moo-moo swim suits drinking beers. It's got to be like 55 degrees and foggy. This is, word for word, exactly what we heard one say to the other in a really thick NY accent.

"Angela! Angela! Angela you stupid <<female genital>> Shaeffer's not the morning beer, Lowenbrau's the morning beer!"

Both of us almost fell over laughing.

You fabulous Oprahers that don't like hoppy beer ala Heineken, Moosehead, any and all IPA's, Sam Adams etc. know pretty much nothing about beer.

Rainier? Miller Lite? Buttwiper and Buttwiper Lite? friggin' amatuers at best. Just drink some whale piss and be happy. Hops are the single most important ingredient in beer. Ask any Brewmaster or Cellarman and they will say the same. It's skunky!?! :D Bet yooz like PBR's too huh?

heiny and moosehead (st. pauli girl is another that comes to mind) are relatively light lagers that aren't all that hoppy. but they do get skunky if they're not really fresh, and it's not exactly a desireable flavor. better than tasting like, say, watered down urine, but still not all that appealing.

OK, here's my shaeffer story. Absolutely true.

When I was in HS, my sister and I both worked weekends at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk Amusement park. We had to be there somewhat early (8am or so) and as everybody from the area knows, it's always overcast until around noon in the summer time. At any rate, we're walking on the sidewalk just above the main beach and there's these two enormous women sitting in beach chairs in their moo-moo swim suits drinking beers. It's got to be like 55 degrees and foggy. This is, word for word, exactly what we heard one say to the other in a really thick NY accent.

"Angela! Angela! Angela you stupid <<female genital>> Shaeffer's not the morning beer, Lowenbrau's the morning beer!"

Both of us almost fell over laughing.

:D

I think it was 6.99 for a case back in high school.

• 1 year later...

Oh... I was going to a buddies house and I knew we'd be heading out to the bar almost immediately, but I swung through the liquor store for some pick-me-ups.

I spotted a 4-pack of budweiser in what can only be called... aluminum bottles. They were cans... in bottle shapes. Very odd. Anyway, I figured why not.

Absolutely fricking terrible. I mean... I didn't walk into full-strength budweiser with high expectations, but those bottlecans made the beer even worse tasting. Just terrible.

I saw a brand called Mountain Creek for $2.30 a sixer.

It's actually not half-bad - the can looks like a Molson rip-off, but it has that nondescript but not-awful PBR taste.

I'll throw "Wild Blue" in the ring as well. It's like blueberries pissed in a decent lager. I'll admit that if you pour it into a pint glass and let it sit for a bit, it's a lot better, but I took my first swig out of a bottle and almost spit it back out. This RateBeer commenter has it right:

Beautiful artificial blue / red color. Sweet industrial berry smell is a bit overpowering, as is the taste. It’s like a cloyingly sweet berry extract with serious medicinal aspects and rubbing alcohol notes. I’ve had worse from AB, but I will never intentionally consume this product again.

ETA: Yes, I just made a whole thread on this a few weeks ago, but figured if Wiegie was gonna necromance this bad boy, I should take the opportunity to enshrine Wild Blue on it!

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Short story:

Whoopazz meets pretty blond girl. We go out, I drive her home, she invites me in.

I settle on sofa. Girl says "want a beer?" I say "sure".

Girl goes to kitchen, returns with a brown bottle with plain white label indicating "BEER".

I hesitate, then indulge. :D Between gasps, I excuse myself for the old "must get up early for work".

Whoopazz never sees said girl again.

Generic beer? :wacko:

what a pusslie.

Any girl handing out generic beer obviously is gonna F............

you 'all got the chit beers nailed but for me as far as a premium beer that absolutely sucks- Heineken..... most overrated beer by far IMO

It seems that the big thing over in Germany is to sell bottles of a half-half mix of hefe-weizen and cola. I haven't tried it. I'm guessing it is geared towards 16 year-olds (who can legally purchase beer over here).

I cannot live the High Life no matter how hard I try. Lite on the other hand, I can drink all day.

:wacko:

I've been drinking that when I go out lately. It's become somewhat of a cult following now here in St. Louis - anti-bud.