[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Earning recognition and a belt from Blitz

Furd

I found this repost by skylive5 (dated 1/11/03) of a post by Blitz. I would have bumped it from the archive, but you can't. The standards may have changed:

Posted by Blitz in a deleted thread in response to a post about having 1000 posts here at TheHuddle by AtomicCEO:

I very rarely get to know the white, yellow or green belts at our martial arts academy. Primarily because so many come and go in that 4 to 6 month period. There is just no point in bothering.

When somebody becomes a blue belt I begin to become somewhat aquainted with them as they have demonstrated a level of dedictation and "stick-to-itiveness" that means they might be around longer than tomorrow. You might say they have broken my plane of awareness.

By the time a student moves into the advanced class (red belt and above) I am very familiar with them and generally we are a pretty close knit group.

At 1000 posts you have moved from white belt to yellow belt and remain at the "why should I bother" level.

=======================================

Belts awarded using Standards set above:

Sounds about right.

Now see what you have to look forward to?:

1000 = Yellow / Shut up juice. Blitz seldom, if ever, notices you.

2000 = Green / More shut up juice. Blitz is aware you are on the horizon, but still doesn't care.

3000 = Blue / Choice on shut up juice. Blitz knows you are there, maybe, and sometimes will even say something to that fact.

4000 = Red / Shut up juice is a thing of the past. Blitz is "fully" aware of you. You are now a full fledged target of opportunity for his "rapier" wit.

Seems to me it would be in theHuddle's best interest to maybe have rankings... instead of everyone being a "Huddler", maybe they could use Blitz's rule of thumb. Then we would know right off the bat which posts to ignore, which posts to visit, and which posts to reply to.

========================================

It was also established:

5000 - Brown

6000 - Black

and then we move into "degrees" of Black.

===============================

Sensei Blitzkrieg will, of course, be designating the degrees of black and will hold ceremonies for the awarding of belts to those seeking advancement and enlightenment.

Edited by Furd

========================================

It was also established:

5000 - Brown

6000 - Black

and then we move into "degrees" of Black.

===============================

Sensei Blitzkrieg will, of course, be designating the degrees of black and will hold ceremonies for the awarding of belts to those seeking advancement and enlightenment.

Sweet...I'm black. :D Never thought I would say that before...