[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle's Top Ten RB's

DMD

In light of a request, I am releasing my preliminary Top 10 for RB's for 2006. This is not final but actually, it probably is barring some unforeseen event.

Drumroll...

1 Johnson, Larry

2 Tomlinson, LaDainian

3 Alexander, Shaun

TIER 2

4 Portis, Clinton

5 Barber, Tiki

6 James, Edgerrin

7 Brown, Ronnie

8 Jackson, Steven

9 Williams, Carnell

10 Johnson, Rudi

To be honest, the only change I may make would be reversing James and Brown.

No major surprises here but then again, probably shouldn't be...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the Consensus Huddle picks mirror it exactly through 5 picks and looks like through 6.

that's because DMD is finally listening to us.

Looks good, it's not my personal top 10, but I have nothing wrong with this list at all. My rankings are always a little different than everyone elses concensus. There is always going to be a top 10 pick get hurt and I have mine pegged already, but I won't go around spouting off that such and such player will be hurt by week 3 or between weeks 3-6. :D They know who they are :D

Edited by Hat Trick

In light of a request, I am releasing my preliminary Top 10 for RB's for 2006. This is not final but actually, it probably is barring some unforeseen event.

Drumroll...

1 Johnson, Larry

2 Tomlinson, LaDainian

3 Alexander, Shaun

TIER 2

4 Portis, Clinton

5 Barber, Tiki

6 James, Edgerrin

7 Brown, Ronnie

8 Jackson, Steven

9 Williams, Carnell

10 Johnson, Rudi

To be honest, the only change I may make would be reversing James and Brown.

No major surprises here but then again, probably shouldn't be...

Looks good. The only changes I would put in place would be to LJ and Tomlinson and swap Rudi and Jackson. Can't wait for the full list :D

Ronnie Brown, Caddy Williams, and Steven Jackson are riskier picks than Rudi IMHO.

Caddy and SJax have had the injury bug enough to make an owner worry. Ronnie Brown might be better, but I think it's a risk to take him over a young, proven back. Both do have questionable QB situations, but given the type of QBs Palmer and Culpepper are, I think it's much more likely that Palmer will be back in the saddle performing well while Culpepper will struggle with his mobility.

Rudi hasn't missed a game in 2 seasons and was the #7 back last year. Perry will break another fingernail and get out of the way.

EDIT: Remember last year when Kevin Jones and Julius Jones were ranked over Rudi and Tiki. I don;t have access to 2004 rankings, but I am sure some other young bucks were ranked too high. Give credit to the vets when credit is due.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Looks good. The only changes I would put in place would be to LJ and Tomlinson and swap Rudi and Jackson. Can't wait for the full list :D

Cliaz, I disagree with both those moves.

DMD, where do you figure McGahee will end up?

Ronnie Brown, Caddy Williams, and Steven Jackson are riskier picks than Rudi IMHO.

Caddy and SJax have had the injury bug enough to make an owner worry. Ronnie Brown might be better, but I think it's a risk to take him over a young, proven back. Both do have questionable QB situations, but given the type of QBs Palmer and Culpepper are, I think it's much more likely that Palmer will be back in the saddle performing well while Culpepper will struggle with his mobility.

Rudi hasn't missed a game in 2 seasons and was the #7 back last year. Perry will break another fingernail and get out of the way.

It's hard to argue against what you are saying, call it a hunch or whatever, but I think Rudi is maxed out on his production, his numbers were slightly better in 05 vs. 04, I see all 3 of those guys with the key word here "potential" to be top 5. I know many owners want a guaranteed first round pick, but aside from the 3 there really isn't anyone. I tend to try and take risk/reward picks in the early rounds, if they don't pan out then hey I missed one, but I'm right more often than not :ducks:

It's hard to argue against what you are saying, call it a hunch or whatever, but I think Rudi is maxed out on his production, his numbers were slightly better in 05 vs. 04, I see all 3 of those guys with the key word here "potential" to be top 5. I know many owners want a guaranteed first round pick, but aside from the 3 there really isn't anyone. I tend to try and take risk/reward picks in the early rounds, if they don't pan out then hey I missed one, but I'm right more often than not :ducks:

I should have added that he was also the #8 back in 2004.

The guy's been a top 10 2 years running. What have the other guys done?

I'm in the group that doesn't like to play hunches with my first round pick. I'm not saying that one of those guys won't outscore him. All three might outscore him. But if I am betting money on my team, I'll take the guy I have seen be a top 10 RB 2 seasons running, and the #20 back in 2003 after sitting behind Dillon for the first 5 or 6 games.

Cliaz, I disagree with both those moves.

DMD, where do you figure McGahee will end up?

I rea11y cannot te11 you now, he fe11 but not far overa11.

:D <BREAKING NEWS> :D

According to this :D 's sources Willis McGahee :D will come in at ELEVEN in the official Huddle :D rankings released early next month.

At this time I am unable to release the source of my information, but the source is generally pretty reliable (although his predictions are often wrong and have cost many Huddlers the chance to win their leagues).

:D:D:D

I would definitely swap Brown and Edge. AZ is a RB's hell until proven otherwise.

Trust me - that is a major concern for me and is why I am just not comfortable with it. On one hand - it's Edgerrin James! On the other hand - it's the Arizona Cardinals!

interesting pick no matter what.

fwiw Rudi had a nagging knee "problem/injury" during the 1st part of last season yet he still plugged and chugged along and then when the knee was doing better look at what he did down the stretch...

I dont think he has topped out yet but he is very consistent and that has to be an important factor

Portis won't finish top 10. Remember '04, 5 TD's, more of that to follow. But all of you can feel free to draft him way too early if you're in leagues with me. :D

:D Even in 2004 Portis finished 11th...sure it's not top 10, but it's as close as you can get...that and 6th in both 03 and 05...